A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizza Hut Pan Pizza  (Read 240873 times)

Offline Essen1

• Lifetime Member
Re: Pizza Hut Pan Pizza
« Reply #400 on: June 14, 2019, 09:29:10 PM »
Video of a sit down pizza hut for anyone who's interested. 

Itís definitely a hit!

Letís change that quote to ďItís definitely garbage.Ē
Mike

ďAll styles of pizza are valid. I make the best Iím capable of; you should make the best youíre capable of. I donít want to make somebody elseís pizza.Ē ~ Chris Bianco

Offline Carmine Abramo

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #401 on: June 15, 2019, 09:04:49 AM »
Letís change that quote to ďItís definitely garbage.Ē

With that attitude you just might hit your kickstarter goal!

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #402 on: June 15, 2019, 09:49:28 PM »
I'm gonna try one of these new retro pizzas.......as soon as they do the nice price $5.99 large.   :o
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Carmine Abramo

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #403 on: June 16, 2019, 11:00:20 PM »
I'm gonna try one of these new retro pizzas.......as soon as they do the nice price $5.99 large.   :o

They're pretty good. 

Offline Carmine Abramo

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #404 on: June 16, 2019, 11:05:58 PM »
They're pretty good.

In fact I'd bet if you blindfolded the top posters here on pizzamaking and made them a fresh pie right out of that pan at a sitdown and said it was made by a renowned pizzamaker they would be like, "AWESOME!!!!!!"

Offline MadMatt

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #405 on: July 05, 2019, 12:24:56 PM »
Thought this might interest people..  a pizza hut that makes dough instore in New Zealand

1:30

Offline CarryOn

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #406 on: July 05, 2019, 12:57:51 PM »
We have a sit-down PH about 20 minutes from us and we ate there recently.

Pizza was about like we remembered, but the experience was horrible. We walked in, Friday early evening, about 5:30PM, and no one was there. All the tables had the chairs up, and we thought maybe they weren't doing sit-down anymore, and just open for carry out.

We waited by the "Please Wait To Be Seated" for quite a while, until I noticed a girl in the way out front part cleaning. I asked if they were open and she said they were and to "just sit anywhere."

We did, and then, all through ordering and getting served and eating and paying, one mistake after another. Our appetizers arrived after our pizza. They charged us wrong. They refilled iced tea with pop. It was kind of hilariously bad, because we started guessing what they'd screw up next.

And the whole time, half the lights were turned off, vacuum cleaner was sitting in the middle of the floor, mop bucket sat out, chairs still up. Not very appealing at all.

We had a carry out PH closer, but Dominoes opened their own sit-down place just up the street, and now that PH is closed.

Offline loowaters

• Where's my knife and fork?
« Reply #407 on: August 26, 2019, 10:09:58 AM »
Had this pop up in recommended videos today couldn't see if it had been posted before. 

1988 pizza hut training video 

Really counting the pepperoni... 4:25

::)

I'm interested in that fairy dust at 6:24   

There's got to be a pan pizza instructional vid out there somewhere.  Get on it boys.

Loo
Using pizza to expand my waistline since 1969!

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy

Offline MadMatt

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #410 on: August 27, 2019, 01:45:30 PM »
It looks like a very expensive pizza saver (the plastic white thing in the pizza box)

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #411 on: August 27, 2019, 04:10:00 PM »
what the hell gadget is that now Scott? 🤠
CB,

Maybe Scott will respond to your post but the link he posted explains the purpose of the heat sink, to wit:

Pizza heat sinks, like this, are designed to be placed in the center of the pizza as it bakes. They ensure even heat distribution, making for a faster, more consistent bake, without burnt edges or uncooked centers. This 22 pin pizza heat sink feature a non-stick coating to eliminate the threat of toppings sticking to it during baking or removal. With this pizza heat sink you can be sure your pizzas will come out of the oven quicker than those that not utilizing a heat sink.

For a visual explanation, see the photos at:

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/6-5-8-22-pin-aluminum-non-stick-pizza-heat-sink/407APHS7.html

Peter

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #412 on: August 27, 2019, 07:58:56 PM »
its the secret to Priazzo... never knew about this until I watched that training video.  Priazzo is long gone but these are still made.   Very cool.   

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #413 on: August 27, 2019, 08:00:06 PM »
CB,

Maybe Scott will respond to your post but the link he posted explains the purpose of the heat sink, to wit:

Pizza heat sinks, like this, are designed to be placed in the center of the pizza as it bakes. They ensure even heat distribution, making for a faster, more consistent bake, without burnt edges or uncooked centers. This 22 pin pizza heat sink feature a non-stick coating to eliminate the threat of toppings sticking to it during baking or removal. With this pizza heat sink you can be sure your pizzas will come out of the oven quicker than those that not utilizing a heat sink.

For a visual explanation, see the photos at:

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/6-5-8-22-pin-aluminum-non-stick-pizza-heat-sink/407APHS7.html

Peter

Do you think it works Peter?

Sounds like a cure for weaker home oven that some folks struggle with getting the center part of the pie to cook more completely...

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #414 on: August 27, 2019, 08:30:44 PM »
   Do you think it works Peter?

Sounds like a cure for weaker home oven that some folks struggle with getting the center part of the pie to cook more completely...
Bob,

I wrote about the use of heat sinks a few times over the years but it was mainly with respect to the Pizza Hut Priazzo pizza that Scott mentioned that I became aware of the fact that Pizza Hut used the heat sinks for that type of pizza. See, for example, Reply 34 at:

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=1632.msg55257#msg55257

The links in the above post do not work anymore but the heat sinks that PH used look to be identical to the one referenced in Scott's post and in the webstaurantstore.com website that I referenced in my last post. You will also note that I had my doubts about home pizza makers springing for heat sinks to use in a home setting. When I did a search today for heat sinks, I found better than a half dozen places that sell them, at prices ranging from around $20 to over $40, all for the identical APHS-7 heat sink made by Winco. I suppose a home pizza maker would have to want to make pan pizzas often to warrant springing for a heat sink. Offhand, I can only recall one member who had a heat sink, and we briefly discussed that at:

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=6954.msg59724#msg59724

Peter

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #415 on: August 27, 2019, 08:34:18 PM »
Thank you. 🧐