Author Topic: Turbochef Fire Pizza Oven  (Read 2511 times)

Offline Amit

• I Love Pizza!
Turbochef Fire Pizza Oven
« on: March 14, 2015, 04:05:00 PM »
Came across the Turbo Chef Pizza Oven. Was wondering if anyone on the forum had any experience or feedback. Looks interesting especially with no vent required.

http://www.turbochef.com/site.php?PAGE_TYPE=PRODUCTS&nav_id=111248

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
Re: Turbochef Fire Pizza Oven
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 04:58:47 PM »
Looks pretty cool. Not sure how well it works though. No stone flooring. I guess you have to cook the pies in a pan or on a screen. It would be nice if you could cook pies bigger than 14 inches. I think the price of $4,850.00 would keep out most home pie makers. It might make a great addition to a bar and grill for making cheap and quick pies. At 4500 watts, you will need a dedicated 220 line and 40 to 50 amp breaker box. At such high temps it may do a decent job cooking pie.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 01:30:51 PM by nick57 »

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 12:21:01 AM »
What does it cost?
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 01:30:12 PM »
$4,850.00

Offline Dan McDermott

• I Love Pizza!
    • My personal blog
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 06:00:15 PM »
What is really cool about this oven is that it is ventless so you wouldn't need a hood. That is a huge savings.

Offline thedutch

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 01:18:21 AM »
Just got a turbochef fire let you know how it goes!

Offline barryvabeach

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 11:02:10 AM »
I saw one on a tv show called bar rescue. They used it to make pizza, but didn't show it up close, so I can't recall if they used a screen or not.   They did claim to bake a pie in about 90 seconds.    If you have seen the show, the kitchens are usually pretty bad, in this case,  they were using what looked like a 120 volt Wisco countertop oven to make pizza before the show bought them the turbochef.

Offline pizzaovensblake

• I love pizza!
    • PizzaOvens
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 03:19:56 PM »
I've sold and demonstrated them, and everyone seems to like them.  You can make nice smaller pizzas in them.  Perfect for cafes, bars, etc.  The temp controller seems pretty easy to use.

Offline elephant man

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 01:21:39 AM »
Absolutely the best oven you could possibly put in your home, office, bar, what have you. I have one in my office kitchen in NJ and it is the best oven you could ever want. I dial the temps to 650 or so and bake at 3 minutes. Perfect, did i say Perfect, well i meant Perfect.

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 12:36:24 PM »
Just as a cautionary note, being vent less doesn't mean a thing if you are putting a vent less oven into a commercial establishment as many municipalities have codes that require ALL ovens, vent less or not, be located under a hood, some even dictate the type of hood, so be SURE to check with your codes department before jumping on the "vent less" wagon.
But it's vent less! The manufacturer says that it doesn't need a hood! So why do you say that it has to be located under a hood? Because the CODE says all ovens must be located under a hood. Lotsa luck winning that argument. Been there, done that, the only time we ever came close to winning that argument is when the codes were changed and we were able to be grandfathered in as the oven had been in use for some time under a Type-II hood but codes changed to requiring a fire suppressant hood.......Thank God we got out of that one.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor