Author Topic: Beeketal pizza oven 2000W, anyone familiar with this brand or similar oven?  (Read 325 times)

Offline Ovenray

This German Amazon page has some reviews and ratings concerning the device but somehow it seems to good to be true :https://www.amazon.de/Beeketal-Schamottstein-Steinbackofen-Pizzabackofen-Innenbeleuchtung/dp/B00SWXCSKC/?tag=pmak-20

Its a 2000W oven with a stone on the floor and it has separate controllers for the bottom and the top elements. The oven has a temperature range between 50 C and 350 C and according to the (Amazon) reviews it reaches its maximum temperature 'very fast'. Though I really want to believe in such an oven, especially considering its price of 211 Euro (+- 232 dollar) including shipping costs to the Netherlands, I have doubts about the authenticity of the claims.

The oven is from a German manufacturer: http://www.beeketal.de/baeckereiausstattung/beeketal-pizzaofen-pizza-bpo33-1/a-502/

Could this 230V - 2000W device really be as capable as the reviews claim, 'heating up extremely fast', 'consistent temperature between bakes' etc. ?

I'm hoping somebody, with a better knowledge of similar devices than me, can shine some light on it ?
I'm grateful for all things learned.

Offline barryvabeach

Here is a link to a post on my purchase of a similar, though 1,600 watt, model   http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=21242.0   I changed out the elements and the wiring to handle the higher wattage, and it worked okay at that point for one pizza at a time, but then ended up with a Blackstone, which blew its doors off, and so I sold it.   

Offline Ovenray

Thanks sub and barryvabeach!

Offline Ovenray

I tried to call the "hotline" telephonenumber which 'Beeketal' displays on their website but I got an out-of-order message from the provider.

My gut told me it was too good to be true and all things considered it is better for me to steer clear from this oven all together.

Thanks again guys.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 06:01:23 AM by Ovenray »

Offline sjarvis77

• I Love Pizza!
I've got something very similar i purchased off aliexpress. It gets hotter than anything available here for the home in Korea and didn't cost that much so i figured id give it a try. By removing the top temperature probe and sticking in a kiln shelf i get pretty decent results. Pizzas usually cook in 3.5-4minutes. Preheat about 35minutes. The lightbulb didn't last long though so i replaced it with one from an older oven.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 05:21:25 AM by sjarvis77 »

Offline Ovenray

I've got something very similar i purchased off aliexpress. It gets hotter than anything available here for the home in Korea and didn't cost that much so i figured id give it a try. By removing the top temperature probe and sticking in a kiln shelf i get pretty decent results. Pizzas usually cook in 3.5-4minutes. Preheat about 35minutes. The lightbulb didn't last long though so i replaced it with one from an older oven.

I'm really happy I didnt purchase that oven as my homeoven also gives me 3,5 minute bakes with 12'' pies and about 4 minutes with 14'' pizza's while it only needs 17 minutes to preheat. I fully understand buying this oven when there arent any other options available but in my case it would have been money wasted.

Your pizza looks great btw.

Offline sjarvis77

• I Love Pizza!
Appreciated. Yeah if you can already achieve that then absolutely no need. In Korea ovens only seem to reach 250C (482F or so) which was giving me 7-8min bakes. So this was a big improvement on that. It's pretty dire!

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
sjarvis77,

Seeing that you are in Korea, can you tell us what dough formulation you are using and also the type and brand of flour?

Thanks.

Peter

Offline sjarvis77

• I Love Pizza!
Certainly. I use a flour called 'Gom-Pyo' in 2.5kg bags. It's the brand's highest protein content flour and has a "pizza type/for pizza" designation on it (12g/100g). Any other flour type here is pretty low protein. All-purpose is 9% or so. There is a higher protein 'bread' flour available (13%) but I can only find it in smaller 1kg bags which makes it a bit less convenient to use.

Dough formulation is pretty typical.
60-62% water
0-2% oil
1-2% sugar
0.2-0.5% IDY (depending on # of days in the fridge. 2-4 is normal)
1.75% salt.
Sometimes a little oregano mixed in for fun/colour.

About 7 minutes in a bosch compact, balled after 10min and then into the fridge.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Beeketal pizza oven 2000W, anyone familiar with this brand or similar oven?
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2016, 08:30:31 PM »
sjarvis77,

Thank you. I am always interested in flours used by our members outside of the U.S. and I try to track what the members use. In your case, I added the Gom-Pyo flour source (Daehan Flour Mills) to my compilation at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=40212.msg401012#msg401012.

Peter