A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Tip for Sliding Pizza off Peel onto Stone  (Read 279 times)

Offline PickaPair

• I Love Pizza!
Tip for Sliding Pizza off Peel onto Stone
« on: October 22, 2017, 07:38:41 PM »
I am new to this forum and have been making pizza for about 5 weeks.  I have invested in a lava pizza stone and a wooden peel.  I recently bought a Bialetti rocking pizza blade and discovered that it has more than one purpose - yay!  I have been having trouble loading my pizza onto my stone.  First time I left the stone all the way in the wall oven on the rack -- and when I did the little jerk to slide the pizza off, of course, a few ingredients plopped into the back of my oven- -not terrible, but hey, it was my first attempt.  Used that method a couple times with the same result.  My dough was not sticking to my peel, it was just that tricky little jerking motion.  I decided to pull the rack out of the oven as far as possible so the stone was easier to reach, but still the same result.  Got the brilliant idea of using the rocking 14" blade in one hand and the loaded peel in the other and started the pizza sliding with the blade and I am able to place it exactly where I want it.  Last night it wasn't quite centered and I was able to use the blade again to scoot it over just a bit.  Works like a charm!  Just thought I would share as I had not run across this information to date.

Offline jkb

• Supporting Member
Re: Tip for Sliding Pizza off Peel onto Stone
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 08:10:54 PM »
Flour is cheap.  Make dough and practice.  No need to top it.  Confidence is key.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress