Some new photos from last night's bake.. I tried a new dough opening technique that involved some gentle flip and slaps, which helped with the problem of thin spots in the middle of the skin. I also tried to keep the cornicione less puffy and more chaotically shaped, using Dylan's pies as an example of a nice balance between symmetry and chaos. I wasn't really successful on that front, and I can see this taking many months to figure out.
Still having launch issues, especially on these pies with a lot of heavy toppings.
Tried out some new topping combinations for fun. No tomato-based pies here, which was probably a mistake. I love the white pies, but 6 in a row was a bit much.
1. UPN 'Apollonia' w/ bufala, diced sopressata, fresh egg, basil, EVOO, Maldon salt and pepper
2. 'Kid's pie' w/ EVOO, bagged Mex-blend, capicola
3. 'Adobo' w/ EVOO, bufala, pork belly-adobo, roasted shishito peppers, scallions
4. 'Surf-Mex' w/ queso quesadilla, EVOO, minced garlic, roasted poblano, whole shrimp
5. 'Ham & Cheese' w/ EVOO, gruyere, serrano ham, and parm post-bake
6. 'Leftovers' w/ EVOO, bufala, sopressata, jalapeno, and Calabrian chili/oil