I've working away for the past year on perfecting my pizza. Thanks to this site, I feel like I've made some serious progress! However, I fear that my oven is holding me back. I'm trying to make pizza that closely resembles that of Patsy's / Lombardi's.
Unfortunately, my oven only goes to 500. I've been following these forums very closely and have found that PF Taylor and Varasano have been able to get their oven's hot enough to make the type of pizza's I'm going for. I'm currently renting a house, so I'm somewhat hesistant to start tinkering with self-cleaning cycle.
Given that, I'm leaning towards buying a grill. PF Taylor (and others who might know), I was hoping you would be willing to elaborate on your setup. In specific:
1. How hot can your grill go?
2. Do the pizza's you make come out smoky in flavor?
3. How big of a pizza can you make on your grill?
4. Do you place a stone on your grill?
5. What kind of grill do you have?
Thanks in advance,