A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Garden Harvest Crack Salad!!!!  (Read 235 times)

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
Garden Harvest Crack Salad!!!!
« on: September 22, 2019, 03:32:37 PM »
Well it's that time of year for me to post my perennial "Garden Harvest Crack Salad", simply one of the best there is, I won't brag and call it the best......but ain't had no betta!!!! Bastardize it how ever you want to your own tastes and use a big kitchen/table spoon, no fork here, you'll want to shovel it in!!!

This is a salad I've been making for years and thought I'd share it with you guys. It's my own version of cucumber onion salad. It has a few other things that make it rather unique. My family, friends and neighbors absolutely love this stuff. A couple weeks ago I make a gallon of it and it lasted 2 days with only me, my wife and 2 of my daughters. I mix the sauce pretty much to taste, and amt. of sauce I eyeball according to how much veggies I have to coat. The addition of apples and grapes gives a surprisingly good sweet contrast to the onions and vinegar. Also de-seed/gut and core the cucumbers and tomatoes so it doesn't turn into watery soup. You will absolutely love this salad, tastes even better the next day. A great way to use up that end of season harvest this time of year
Use all or any combination of the following...
cucumbers
onions
tomatoes
green tomatoes
green peppers
sliced apples
grapes
Add a mixture of equal parts, reg. ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing and Hellman's mayo
to that add to taste:
rice vinegar
salt
fresh grnd. blk. pepper
granulated garlic or fresh garlic
dill weed
sugar or sugar substitute
Mix all sauce and dry ingredients together and add to veggie/fruit mix and let sit a couple hrs, or best overnite.
Enjoy
Jon
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 12:18:54 AM by Jackitup »
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress