A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Tacos of all flavors  (Read 46684 times)

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: Tacos of all flavors
« Reply #580 on: September 08, 2019, 01:15:24 PM »
Egg, refried beans, and chorizo with grilled onions, jalapenos, tomatoes + fresh onion and cilantro.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Supporting Member
« Reply #581 on: September 26, 2019, 07:20:03 AM »
That does look wonderful!

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #582 on: September 29, 2019, 01:24:03 AM »
I wouldn't put the Impossible or Beyond stuff on a Taco any more than I would put American Cheese on a taco. Grilled veggies, hibiscus flower and jack fruit all make great Tacos though.

American Cheese on a taco.

One time when I was in about the 6th grade and my school was going to serve us for the first time ever Tacos! We all looked foward to it! The day came and the lunch lady's said something was wrong with the meat, so no meat. Just un-toasted taco shells, lettuce, taco sauce and shredded American cheese! I liked them. :-D Kinda makes me want to make them again for nostalgia's sake. :)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 08:04:26 AM by Trinity »
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #583 on: September 30, 2019, 12:30:37 AM »
I almost ALWAYS  liked the school's hot lunch! But then, if it's not a grapefruit it's almost a gimme+!!!!!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #584 on: September 30, 2019, 12:37:10 AM »
Good ole chili Mac...
An tuna melt with 5 tater tots...

😁
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #585 on: October 03, 2019, 05:49:18 PM »
Anyone else ever had those Midwest fake tamales? Old skool?
We'd get them from the pop corn truck up town at the park in the evening.... Mid 70s. They were wrapped in paper, greasy as all get out... Bright yellow large grained cornmeal. Mystery meat inside... so tasty!  🤗

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #586 on: October 04, 2019, 06:56:47 AM »
We'd get them from the pop corn truck up town at the park in the evening.... Mid 70s. They were wrapped in paper, greasy as all get out... Bright yellow large grained cornmeal. Mystery meat inside... so tasty!  🤗

No. :(

Could you find a picture of what they looked like?
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #587 on: October 04, 2019, 02:36:14 PM »

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #588 on: October 04, 2019, 03:55:56 PM »

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #589 on: October 04, 2019, 03:56:57 PM »
If no one objects, I'd like to change the subject line of this thread to something like "Mexican food of all flavors".

Offline rkrider99

« Reply #590 on: October 04, 2019, 04:02:44 PM »
Loved those things when I lived in the area. I think we used to get TomTom brand. I've missed them. They opened a Portillo's in Tampa. I always stop for lunch there when I'm in the area. An Italian beef, a Chicago Hot Dog, and a tamale. The tamales taste just the same as I remember. Portillo's will ship them. 40 tamales for $80, 2 day shipping included.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #591 on: October 04, 2019, 05:51:32 PM »
If no one objects, I'd like to change the subject line of this thread to something like "Mexican food of all flavors".
I believe that's a good idea... As long as Craig doesn't mind.

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #592 on: October 04, 2019, 09:38:47 PM »
Tacos of all flavors....and other Mexican foods!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #593 on: October 04, 2019, 09:42:49 PM »
Jus call it.... "The tamale thread". 🤣

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #594 on: October 04, 2019, 11:40:35 PM »
Yes, now that I see the pics. There was a place in Bensenville when I worked at a large golf course (it occupied all of the land lying between Irving Park Rd. and Lake Street) west of O’Hare that had those. Their other Mexican food seemed pretty authentic. Not sure why this was their tamale of choice but we used to knock down a lot of them.
-Tony

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #595 on: October 05, 2019, 12:23:13 AM »
Sometimes I even like those nasty, greasy Hormel tamales in the can! No reason, just crave them sometimes! About 1/2 way thru I toss them, everyone has a thing!😉
Jon

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #596 on: October 05, 2019, 12:33:00 AM »
Exactly!!  😜

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #597 on: October 05, 2019, 01:33:09 AM »
Sometimes I even like those nasty, greasy Hormel tamales in the can! No reason, just crave them sometimes! About 1/2 way thru I toss them, everyone has a thing!😉

I have a few cans of those in my pantry. There ok, But I miss Derby brand tamales. :(

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #598 on: October 05, 2019, 02:17:11 AM »
I have a few cans of those in my pantry. There ok, But I miss Derby brand tamales. :(
They hang around toooo long they really start tasting like the can, very metalic!
Jon

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #599 on: October 05, 2019, 03:20:53 PM »
  You had the la preferida ones Trin?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00474E6F0/?tag=pmak-20

wordpress