A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: DENVER  (Read 1664 times)

Offline Jet_deck

DENVER
« on: May 26, 2015, 09:37:46 AM »
I'm headed downtown for lunch. There is a "given place" to go, I have seen pictures of the oven, and the owner. I will be threat 11:00 when the doors open. Is there another stop ? Thanks in advance.
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline parallei

• Supporting Member
Re: DENVER
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 10:11:08 AM »
I'm headed downtown for lunch. There is a "given place" to go, I have seen pictures of the oven, and the owner. I will be threat 11:00 when the doors open. Is there another stop ? Thanks in advance.

I"M guessing you're heading to Marco's Coal Fired (it's not coal fired!) for the NP.

I'm afraid I don't do many pizza joints in Denver.  However, this place has gotten goodish reviews for its Detroit Style:

The Good Son Taphouse
2550 E Colfax Ave
Denver, CO 80206
Northeast, City Park
Get Directions
Phone number (303) 355-5445
Message the business
Business websitethegoodsontap.com

Never been there myself.......

Offline Jet_deck

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 11:52:32 PM »
I went to the wrong place. salad and burrata were good. The burrata was much creamier than Jays. (Fort Woth)

Offline Jet_deck

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 12:02:49 AM »
I"M guessing you're heading to Marco's Coal Fired (it's not coal fired!) for the NP.

I'm afraid I don't do many pizza joints in Denver.  However, this place has gotten goodish reviews for its Detroit Style:

The Good Son Taphouse

Thank you kind sir! I just put an order in. I got them Tom Cellic. He recommended it be prepared "buddy's style" which in Denver means: more robust sauce. Sauce between dough and toppings. AND the power slide of sauce on top. I specifically asked about the Carmelized crispy sides. No, he said. Prepaired either way (or the 1$ extra "buddy" style way, your pretty much guaranteed that you get the cheese biz going on.

Offline misterschu

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 09:16:58 AM »
Pizzeria Locale in Denver is pretty good. It's very cheap, and the concept is very interesting.

Offline Jet_deck

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 01:19:05 AM »
Cart-Driver was a great find. I gave him a good plug on Yelp. The kale pie was the bomb. It smelled identical to Keste/ Motorino and Craig's Sprout pie. It was VPN quality. On a California gas assist (not to cook)oven, And all local and or U.S. Sourced flour, cheese and tomatoes.

Marcos was a good pizza. I got no idea how they got the proofing down but 10 min in the conveyor oven and it's done. I knew it was going to be doughy or have a gum line. NEITHER. The manager came to investigate me. And my eyes watched his eyes watch my hand pull a slice out. I flipped it over  and grabbed the slice by its tip. Perfectly done. He nervously smiled. He knows proofing and pizza, and has a future with Marcos. Killer stickers too. Lol.

Offline parallei

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 10:17:23 AM »
Marcos was a good pizza. I got no idea how they got the proofing down but 10 min in the conveyor oven and it's done.
[/quote]

The Marco's I was thinking of has WFO's and does about 90 to 100 sec pies.

This is the Marco's I was thinking of:

http://www.marcoscoalfiredpizza.com

Where was the Marco's you visited with 10 min pies  I'd like to check it out sometime.

Thanks!

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 04:35:52 PM »
Cart-Driver was a great find. I gave him a good plug on Yelp. The kale pie was the bomb. It smelled identical to Keste/ Motorino and Craig's Sprout pie. It was VPN quality. On a California gas assist (not to cook)oven, And all local and or U.S. Sourced flour, cheese and tomatoes.

Marcos was a good pizza. I got no idea how they got the proofing down but 10 min in the conveyor oven and it's done. I knew it was going to be doughy or have a gum line. NEITHER. The manager came to investigate me. And my eyes watched his eyes watch my hand pull a slice out. I flipped it over  and grabbed the slice by its tip. Perfectly done. He nervously smiled. He knows proofing and pizza, and has a future with Marcos. Killer stickers too. Lol.
Kale pie has my attention.  I could eat all of that!  I'm guessing that picture looks real familiar :D
Dave

Offline Jet_deck

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 06:22:05 AM »
Parallel - it was on Colfax, but a chain... A good one. I see it at Marcos.com.

Yes Dave, lol.   I didn't scratch the Denver pizza surface. The 24 hour pizza place would have been a good find early in the trip. But I didn't see it until the way out of town. No worries, I wanna go back and pay my traffic ticket. Lol.