A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Randy's Pizza Durham, NC  (Read 2321 times)

Offline coptodd

Randy's Pizza Durham, NC
« on: January 30, 2006, 08:42:13 PM »
Anyone tried Randy's in Durham? NY Style in the south.......his pizza rocks.
Todd

Offline lazysean

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Randy's Pizza Durham, NC
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 03:46:02 PM »
Funny, I just tried it for the first time yesterday!  Some friends picked it up for their Superbowl party...

I thought the crust was a little "dry" and didn't brown up the way I usually like it, but otherwise the pie was great!  Definitely one of the better NY style pizzas I've had around here.  The sauce really stood out for me - definitely the type of nice sweet sauce I've been aiming for myself... back to the experiments I guess!

Offline gottabedapan

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Randy's Pizza Durham, NC
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 09:52:17 PM »
Randy's quality is markedly inconsistent from week to week, varying between edible and execrable. The MLK Blvd. location seems to be more consistent than either the Broad St. or Miami Blvd. locations, but even that's nothing to write home about. Ingredients and toppings are decidedly second-rate, the cooking is hit-or-miss, the crust is bland, and cornicone are practically non-existent. They're "starving student" pizza, but nothing more. The fact that Randy's has regularly been voted the best pizza in Durham simply illustrates the truth of the cop's comment Pam mentioned.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress