A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: TELL EVERYONE YOUR FAVORITE (ANY TOWN ANY STATE ECT ECT)  (Read 10063 times)

Offline pizza king

• Sal's Rules
TELL EVERYONE YOUR FAVORITE (ANY TOWN ANY STATE ECT ECT)
« on: February 02, 2006, 06:10:21 PM »
Where can you find the best pizza ...I have been to hundreds of pizza shops in the Boston, New York(long Island area) ... And Have some Advice on some places every one should try. Now if you are stuck and in boston and you need to eat pizza ...I don't know y anyone would want to come to boston for pizza..maybe catch a SoX game or something ...But there are a couple place to try out...Santarpio's Pizza in East Boston ...Obvious Pizzaria Regina in the north end...a couple other in the north...if stuck in brighton go to IMperial they are pretty good not well known unless you lived in brighton your whole life...

ON TO NY

1. SAL'S in Mamaroneck I have not found anywhere that even comes close. Best cheese slices best Sicilian I have ever tasted.

Now the rest of my knowledge is on long Island i have been to so many places there my friends started adding vowels to my last name

One of my favorite places was two brothers in levitown they had good pizza and food..really good chicken parm hero!!!...

Another was out east in suffolk Colieso out in Port Jeff almost as good as Sal's just serves pizza and Salad

Enjoy my selections and tell me yours for the next time i take a trip anywhere !!!!

Offline RockyMarciano

• Go Sabres! Go Bills!
Re: TELL EVERYONE YOUR FAVORITE (ANY TOWN ANY STATE ECT ECT)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 10:57:12 PM »
Any place in Buffalo, you CANT go wrong.

Offline RyDub69

• Pizza.... Nothing Better
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 12:19:51 PM »
John's Pizza in Chelsea,MA

Offline pizza king

• Sal's Rules
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 11:14:14 AM »

Never heard of it I must try!!!!

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 12:22:17 PM »
Just read your post, never heard of the place,  I am leaving in 5 mintues.

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 04:10:43 PM »
back from john's.  That was really great pizza.  As it turns out I was there about six years ago when a friend of mine was house sitting in the neighborhood.  I remember thinking that I should head back there for more pizza, but never got around to it.   

Rydub69, I can guarantee that you could make pizza exactly like that in your home oven.  Let me know if you want to and I can direct you to the techniques and where to get the ingredients around Boston that would produce that pizza.  You don't need a super hot oven.  Your home oven at 500 would be able to do it perfectly.

It was basically high gluten flour (seemed like king arthur) with a typical ny style (lehmann) recipe, plus a small amount of sugar added.  The cheese tasted just like grande mozzarella, nothing else.  The sauce tasted like uncooked stanislaus 7/11 or tomato magic with oregano added.

Offline pizza king

• Sal's Rules
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 04:56:13 PM »
Hows it compare to Santarpios and other boston famous places ...my favorite back in the day was The european it had the best in boston

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 05:02:46 PM »
pizzaking, this was more of a typical NY style pizza than Santarpios. The main difference between John's and a NY street pizza is that it was a little thinner.   I would say that it was like a Papa Gino's with better cheese and sauce. 

Unfortunately by the time I tried the European it had gone down hill, so I can't comment on that one.

Offline Ed

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 01:52:42 AM »
Local favorite pizza shops (Columbia, SC area):

New York Style:  Schiano's, Columbia Place Mall, Columbia, SC

Deep dish:  Uno Chicago Grill, Lexington, SC

Ed
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 01:55:44 AM by Ed »

Offline foodblogger

• Favorite Chain Pizza - Gino's East
    • My Food Blog
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2006, 09:17:17 AM »
As far as local pizza joints go, I would hold the stuffed deep dish served at Wig and Pen pizza in Coralville Iowa up against ANYTHING served ANYWHERE.  Take Giordano's and square it.  The owner used to work at Giordano's so I guess he took their recipe and improved it.  I have never had better local joint pizza than that.

For atmosphere (pizza sucks) my favorite place in Kansas City is Waldo's pizza at 75th and Wornell.  The waiters wear t-shirts that say corporate pizza sucks.  They also have schlitz on tap - even better than having Pabst blue ribbon on tap.  Truly classic.

Deep dish:  Uno Chicago Grill, Lexington, SC

Ed - will you accept the pizza challenge?  Take one of the deep dish recipes in the deep dish forum on this site and follow the directions.  I would suggest either one of the recipes from Buzz's threads, or one of DKM's threads.  Of course, I would suggest my Gino's baker's formula thread but I am biased.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 09:23:36 AM by foodblogger »

Offline RyDub69

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 03:38:05 PM »
For johns pizza I know they use king arthur and I and I am fairly certain that they use red pack piza sauce with extra basil, or saparito. The reason why I know this is because I used to work at Restaraunt Depot which is also Located in chelsea,MA. It is a for restaraunts to buy things wholesale. If any one has a place nearby i highly suggest going there to get your supplies.

Also another good place in Chelsea is Kelsea's which is on Washington Ave right next to Satiagos Barber Shop. Real good pizza its like a whole in the wall place. On Mondays they have a pizza buffet from 4-8. Real good pizza it tastes similar to papa ginos, but not a carbon copy. Other places that are good is The Pizza Conna in revere Mass which is in the city square and revere house of pizza can be kind oif greasy so if you get heart burn you might wanna pop a few tums before hand but it is good if your not bog on alot of sauce. Personally I love the sauce so I always order extra sauce on the pies i get from anywhere.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 03:58:45 PM by RyDub69 »

Offline pizza king

• Sal's Rules
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 03:49:41 PM »
Do the sell in small quantities??

For johns pizza I know they use king arthur and I and I am fairly certain that they use red pact piza sauce with extra basil, or saparito. The reason why I know this is because I used to work at Restaraunt Depot which is also Located in chelsea,MA. It is a for restaraunts to buy things wholesale. If any one has a place nearby i highly suggest going there to get your supplies.

Also another good place in Chelsea is Kelsea's which is on Washington Ave right next to Satiagos Barber Shop. Real good pizza its like a whole in the wall place. On Mondays they have a pizza buffet from 4-8. Real good pizza it tastes similar to papa ginos, but not a carbon copy. Other places that are good is The Pizza Conna in revere Mass which is in the city square and revere house of pizza can be kind oif greasy so if you get heart burn you might wanna pop a few tums before hand but it is good if your not bog on alot of sauce. Personally I love the sauce so I always order extra sauce on the pies i get from anywhere.

Offline RyDub69

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 03:56:55 PM »
depending on what you buy certain things they do. The smallest can they have for Pizza sauce would be a #10 can, for the king arthur flour I know all they have is 50 pound bag but if memory serves me correctly around the time I quit to move out here they had between a 5-15 pound bag cant remember which.

Offline pizza king

• Sal's Rules
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2006, 07:05:06 PM »
Tried out Jon's in Chelsea good choice...very good cheese... burnt the roof of my mouth...always a good sign...:)

Offline RyDub69

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2006, 12:11:17 PM »
Yeah Johns is great when you order extra cheese on your pizza and can tell because it is heavy and the cheese wants to slide off. When I went back up there for month to visit family for a month I ordered johns atleast four times

Offline pizza king

• Sal's Rules
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2006, 10:12:10 AM »
Yeah Johns is great when you order extra cheese on your pizza and can tell because it is heavy and the cheese wants to slide off. When I went back up there for month to visit family for a month I ordered johns atleast four times
What area are you in Now ???

Offline RyDub69

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2006, 09:23:22 PM »
I am now living in Decatur,IL I moved out here in April 05 but will be back there by november of this year

Offline RedGreene

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2006, 01:12:28 PM »
Original Gino's in Toledo, Ohio.  Fantastic sauce and cheese.

Offline lilpiz01

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2006, 08:53:24 AM »
Most Definitely, I'acano's Pizza. You can't go wrong. I'm opening my own shop based on them because you can't find good pizza in the south! :D

Offline pizza king

• Sal's Rules
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2006, 06:42:04 PM »
Most Definitely, I'acano's Pizza. You can't go wrong. I'm opening my own shop based on them because you can't find good pizza in the south! :D

Where is that

wordpress