What is KAFB?
A KABF (King Arthur Bread Flour) typo
Nick, first off, just so we're on the same page, 'Baker's & Chefs' is an entire line of flours- including an all purpose and a bread flour (both of which are not recommended) and a high gluten version. If you're going to purchase this flour, you want to make sure it's the high gluten (see photo below).
for NY style, here's how this flour ranks (top of the list is the best)
1. 12.7-13.2% protein bromated flour (Spring King, Full Strength, King Midas, XXXX, Superlative, Commander)
2. 12.4% protein bromated flour (Occident)
3. 14% protein bromated flour (All Trumps, Kyrol, Balancer, Bouncer)(to use in a blend)
4. Sam's Baker's & Chef's high gluten
5. Commercial unbromated flour (Pendleton Power Flour, Unbromated Bouncer)
6. KABF/Better for Bread
7. Caputo pizzeria flour (supplemented with malt and/or very long fermentation times)
Tracking down 1 through 3 can be difficult for the home baker. If you have an opportunity to purchase the sam's high gluten, it will definitely outperform the KABF, but, bear in mind that there are better flours out there and to keep looking for them.
Vital wheat gluten's sole purpose is for people outside of the U.S. to supplement their weaker flours because they don't have access to any of the flours above. If you live in a part of the world, though, that has access to any of these flours (anywhere but the remotest of places), VWG has absolutely no role in pizza.