A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update  (Read 1444349 times)

Offline pizzaguy24601

• I wonder if anyone knows the reference in my name
    • My professional pizza page on FB
Re: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update
« Reply #17620 on: October 20, 2020, 06:49:35 PM »
 80% Detroit pizza. No joke, this was one of the softest and fluffiest pizzas I've EVER eaten. Heaven.
You can make any style pizza with a good home oven.

Offline PizzaManic

« Reply #17621 on: October 21, 2020, 09:54:25 AM »
Oooh man  :drool:
These 80% pizza's are turning me on  :-D

I'm so tempted to give it a try but the stickiness of the dough is my concern. How are you guys handling such a wet dough - Dough Mixer, Hand?
Regards Mo

Offline pizzaguy24601

• I wonder if anyone knows the reference in my name
    • My professional pizza page on FB
« Reply #17622 on: October 21, 2020, 09:59:25 AM »
Oooh man  :drool:
These 80% pizza's are turning me on  :-D

I'm so tempted to give it a try but the stickiness of the dough is my concern. How are you guys handling such a wet dough - Dough Mixer, Hand?

I start with a 30 minute autolyse to help. I also do most of my mixing using the paddle attachment of the mixer. I only go till the ingredients are incorporated. Gluten development will be built during the folding and resting phase. 1 hour at room temp with folding the dough in on itself every 20 minutes till it forms a ball. Keeping your hands wet and fast movements is the key to making it not stick.
You can make any style pizza with a good home oven.

Offline sodface

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #17623 on: October 22, 2020, 07:09:32 AM »
From last night.
Carl

Offline crniroko

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #17624 on: October 22, 2020, 04:39:32 PM »
Posting my 1st pizza to this forum; also my debut with baking on steel.
Disd not have time to play a lot with dough recipe (nor to ferment for 24h or similar), so used my standard recipe with:
400g all purpose flour
240g lukewarm water
3g IDY
1/2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
3/4 tsp salt
The steel is a 1/2" and was preheated for >1hr at 270įC, after which I turned on the broiler with oven door partially open. Had some issues with launching the pie onto the steel as I had to take ouf the steel out halfway from the oven, as it was on top shelf (2" from broiler) therefore one side was burnt a bit more as it was very close to oven wall.
I took out the pizza in around 3 minutes, think it could have been in the oven for some more time.
Appreciate your comments if any and advices what to do better. Overall, I am super happy with the steel and looking fw to improving.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 05:01:03 PM by Pete-zza »

Offline schibetta

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #17625 on: October 23, 2020, 03:30:18 PM »
4 days cold ferment

Tomato sauce
Mozzarella Cheese
Morel mushrooms

60% hydration + 4%oil

Online Pizza_Not_War

« Reply #17626 on: October 23, 2020, 06:11:15 PM »
CM00 & WW, sourdough, Bianco tomato, provolone, parm, garlic, peppers, anchovies.

Offline kuhne

« Reply #17627 on: October 23, 2020, 11:44:44 PM »
Nothing fancy, just a regular pepperoni pizza. 00 flour, yeast water and salt. Crushed tomatoes with oregano salt pepper and garlic. pepperoni, both cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Topped with petrazzuoli evo.

Dough was cold fermented for two days prior to stretching

Offline nickyr

« Reply #17628 on: October 23, 2020, 11:58:28 PM »
Nom nom nom

Offline Peter B

• Irish American Guy+Filipino Wife=Italian food??
« Reply #17629 on: October 24, 2020, 11:52:41 AM »
I gave the Al Taglio (i.e. Roman style) dough from The Elements of Pizza a shot last night.  Very different experience from making a NY style, as this was baked in a pan, 72% hydration (easily the highest hydration I have worked with in the time since I have learned what that even means) and all the fermentation was done at RT.

For some reason, I thought this would be much thicker as I keep seeing videos for Bonci and his places are in Rome.  This pie comes out much thinner than that and is quite crispy.  One side is dressed with just EVOO, salt and pulsed WP purged and seeded tomatoes (branded Carfagna, which is an Italian market here in Columbus) to make a Pizza Rossa as described in the book.  The other side, I went a little midwest on it and added shredded brick cheese and Ezzo's cup and crisp.

Thoughts:
  • The dough is tough to spread out in the pan, so the pepperoni side ended up being thicker.  The Rossa side had some almost leathery tough spots, presumably from being way too thin.  Quite crispy throughout.  I can certainly see how bakeries can use scissors to cut this.
  • I was surprised that the Ezzo's cup and crisp did not really actually crisp very much, and that is with being in a 550 oven for approx 20 minutes.  If anyone has some suggestions on what I may have done wrong here, please enlighten me.
  • Is the Bonci dough more like a foccacia?  I would suspect there are some threads about this, but I have not checked yet.
I have decided to take a little time off from working on my NY style skills, so I am going to move on to Bar pie, Sicilian (or what we would call Sicilian in NJ) and possibly Detroit style (I don't have the super deep pan though) in an undetermined order.  I would also consider trying a Bonci style if I can find a good recipe.   I will be doing the Food Wishes Sfincione recipe at some point in the coming weeks.  Not sure if that will be a Christmas effort, a Thanksgiving effort or both.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 12:43:23 PM by Pete-zza »
I said to my little one, "come here so I can change you".
He said "change only comes from within".  :-/

Offline PC105105

• Ich liebe Pizza
« Reply #17630 on: October 25, 2020, 06:19:34 PM »
Itís been a few months since Iíve posted and probably been a good couple of months since Iíve made pizza. 7 day old dough, and it was probably best pizza Iíve ever made. Cooked at 700, about 3 minutes can 60% hydration.
Instagram: pattythebakerman

Offline Fiorot

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #17631 on: October 25, 2020, 10:30:45 PM »
I like it!  all of it    baked in what and how? 

Offline tennisman03110

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #17632 on: October 25, 2020, 10:42:25 PM »
Sicilian using levain, followed by mix with yeast, and overnight in fridge. It stuck somewhat, my pan is a basic cookie sheet. Aluminum and shiny. Very good, bit messy.

Offline Whisky

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #17633 on: October 26, 2020, 12:04:52 AM »
Usually do NP.
Screwed up dough so made an emergency NP dough this morning before going hunting.  It wasn't that great
But, the NY pizzas were awesome.  Baked on cordeiete stone over saputo biscotto in the Ardore around 600 degrees. Once the NY was done i pulled the stone and cranked oven to 900+ for NP
The NY was a 12" pizza which i basically cut into 2 slices resembling a bigger pie.

Offline DoouBall

« Reply #17634 on: October 26, 2020, 12:31:09 AM »
The NY was a 12" pizza which i basically cut into 2 slices resembling a bigger pie.

That's such a great idea! Nicely done!
Alex

Outdoor Oven: Blackstone. Indoor Oven: Gaggenau.

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #17635 on: October 26, 2020, 02:11:01 AM »
Usually do NP.
Screwed up dough so made an emergency NP dough this morning before going hunting.  It wasn't that great.

The hunting or the dough???😉😂
Jon

ďThe two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.Ē            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline Whisky

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #17636 on: October 26, 2020, 08:15:44 AM »
About the only thing I accomplished while hunting was burning up a few calories, so I could eat pizza and drink beer without too much guilt.

Offline Bert

• Lifetime Member
  • Mighty Pizza Stone
    • MightyPizzaOven.com
« Reply #17637 on: October 26, 2020, 10:20:47 AM »
Same day dough, King Arthur bread flour, 65% water, 2% EVOO, 2% salt, 1 % sugar, 1 % LDMP, ADY. Cooked on my charcoal kettle grill with MPS
Bert

Offline quietdesperation

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #17638 on: October 27, 2020, 02:24:16 AM »
playing with diff temps, dropped back down to 515f, might be my favorite.
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" - the hobbit, jrr tolkien

Offline gordonderp

• pizza good
« Reply #17639 on: October 27, 2020, 01:37:40 PM »
Newbie here, still learning very much. Made a pan pizza but needed more dough, it was way too thin and gummy. My "new york" pizza looks more like tasmania but the flavour was there. I still need more top heat and I'm not sure how I can get that when my broiler is in a seperate compartment. Any advice is greatly appreciated, quite envious of everyone else's pies here.

wordpress