A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update  (Read 1141513 times)

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
    • MyPizzaMaster
Re: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update
« Reply #13560 on: December 06, 2018, 01:07:51 PM »
Nice work nick - the bottom is GBD for sure - we need more details on that cheese - keep up the good work and hope you have a fantastic holiday  :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
Norm
Baker's Pride GP-61 NG, Baker's Pride M02T 220V, PizzaParty Ardore (with saputo tiles) LP
Focus is NY style but do others too
Preferred Flour (for NY pies) is All Trumps BB
Preferred temperature for NY is 550F, for NP 825F
Preferred type of yeast IDY

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #13561 on: December 06, 2018, 01:14:31 PM »
Nick,

I like the looks of the bottom of the crust using the Rocksheat stone.

FYI, technically, there is more sugar by weight in the PJ dough than soybean oil. This was confirmed by an employee in the PJ R&D group:

Reply 636, third paragraph, at https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=6758.msg283388;topicseen#msg283388.

However, the PJ recipe you used is quite versatile and can be modified in many different ways and still get good results, as you discovered. Sugar just happens to be an integral part of the doughs of the big pizza chains.

Peter

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #13562 on: December 06, 2018, 02:43:00 PM »
Nice going, Nick. Being completely happy with one’s own results can be difficult with pizza.
-Tony
Enjoy every sandwich. - Warren Zevon

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
« Reply #13563 on: December 06, 2018, 05:11:55 PM »
Nice work nick - the bottom is GBD for sure - we need more details on that cheese - keep up the good work and hope you have a fantastic holiday  :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Norm, I have tried all sorts of mozzarella cheese brands. From Boars Head to Wal Mart whole milk and different others. We don't have much of a choice here unless you have a restaurant and can get commercial products. The cheese was very gooey and stringy. I reheated a couple of slices for lunch and the cheese held up very well. I am going to see if I can get some info about it next time I head back to Sprouts. I will let you know one way or another. Have a great day!!

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
« Reply #13564 on: December 06, 2018, 05:27:21 PM »
Nick,

I like the looks of the bottom of the crust using the Rocksheat stone.

FYI, technically, there is more sugar by weight in the PJ dough than soybean oil. This was confirmed by an employee in the PJ R&D group:

Reply 636, third paragraph, at https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=6758.msg283388;topicseen#msg283388.

However, the PJ recipe you used is quite versatile and can be modified in many different ways and still get good results, as you discovered. Sugar just happens to be an integral part of the doughs of the big pizza chains.
Peter

I am surprised by how well the stone crisps up the bottom. I did not think I would notice much difference between it and my old cordierite stone. It seems to transfer the heat very well. Being halfway between a 1/2" and 3/4" thick may have a lot to do with it. I reheated a couple of slices today, and the bottom seemed even more crispy.

I have made several different styles of pies for my friends. The two most popular are your PJ's clone and my cracker. The one thing they like and talk about the most is how they like crusts that are crispy. About 8 minutes is my normal bake time and I was surprised how dark the bottom got. The bottom crust was one of the darkest I have ever had. Looks like I am going to have a lot of fun and tasty  tests ahead of me.

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
« Reply #13565 on: December 06, 2018, 05:33:31 PM »
Nice going, Nick. Being completely happy with one’s own results can be difficult with pizza.

This was the first time I did not complain about something or thought I could do better. It is interesting that the same ingredients made by different companies can have such a big impact on flavors and textures. This was the first pizza that for my tastes I thought  was perfect. It was quite an eye opener. Not going to get a big head about it, I'm sure I will be posting in the thread of shame in the near future. :-D

Offline MadMatt

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #13566 on: December 07, 2018, 12:46:42 PM »
First homemade pizza since end of October

Since then I've only eaten pizza once and it was a vile flavourless frozen pizza.

8 hour RT,  14"  400g dough ball.   Didn't have much air admittedly could have used a little longer fermentation.   

I had a few slices of spanish chorizo and pepperoni in freezer  to use up and a lot of cheap mature cheddar I bought few weeks ago so I used 100g of mozzarella and 80g of cheddar on a 14" pizza     

Bit greasier but I really liked it, so cheesy tasting.

Love  the sliced spanish chorizo I could never find a brand of pepperoni i really liked in British supermarkets but this stuff is nicer and lower fat too

I also did one with ham and pineapple but didn't take a pic.   You may notice one of two bits of ham with the chorizo pepperoni pizza.

Offline nostro

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #13567 on: December 07, 2018, 05:19:21 PM »
almost neapolitan style , caputo blu 64% hydro , most of times (90%) i do cold ferment , this time it was in room temp. for 24h

Online HBolte

• Lifetime Member
    • 500px
« Reply #13568 on: December 07, 2018, 06:57:43 PM »
This was a left over dough ball, from post #13,555 above, after about 72 hours CF on top of the initial 32 hours RTF. Very good texture and flavor, even better than the first bake.
Hans

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
    • MyPizzaMaster
« Reply #13569 on: December 07, 2018, 07:20:02 PM »
Hans - pure witchcraft but in a really good way - time = flavor so that must have tasted so so good - way to go buddy  :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
Norm
Baker's Pride GP-61 NG, Baker's Pride M02T 220V, PizzaParty Ardore (with saputo tiles) LP
Focus is NY style but do others too
Preferred Flour (for NY pies) is All Trumps BB
Preferred temperature for NY is 550F, for NP 825F
Preferred type of yeast IDY

Offline QwertyJuan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #13570 on: December 07, 2018, 08:17:15 PM »
Bacon and beef with extra cheese. I usually try to do an upskirt but forgot to get one this time. Bottom was at least as dark as the top. Oven hadn't been used for at least 30 minutes.

Offline pete zappie

« Reply #13571 on: December 07, 2018, 09:10:24 PM »
Hello from Chicago!!

Offline wotavidone

« Reply #13572 on: December 07, 2018, 09:13:25 PM »
Hello from Chicago!!
What the heck is that?

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #13573 on: December 07, 2018, 10:54:58 PM »
What the heck is that?

Rorschach pizza...

He's testing our mental health, emotional functions and personality characteristics.  :-D
Mike

“All styles of pizza are valid. I make the best I’m capable of; you should make the best you’re capable of. I don’t want to make somebody else’s pizza.” ~ Chris Bianco

Offline Josh123

« Reply #13574 on: December 08, 2018, 12:21:11 AM »
Vodka margherita with mushroom

Offline jkb

• Supporting Member
« Reply #13575 on: December 08, 2018, 01:41:43 AM »
Rorschach pizza...

He's testing our mental health, emotional functions and personality characteristics.  :-D

It's my mother eating a hotdog on a train as it enters a tunnel.
John

Offline Hanglow

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #13576 on: December 08, 2018, 04:31:20 AM »
First homemade pizza since end of October

Since then I've only eaten pizza once and it was a vile flavourless frozen pizza.

8 hour RT,  14"  400g dough ball.   Didn't have much air admittedly could have used a little longer fermentation.   

I had a few slices of spanish chorizo and pepperoni in freezer  to use up and a lot of cheap mature cheddar I bought few weeks ago so I used 100g of mozzarella and 80g of cheddar on a 14" pizza     

Bit greasier but I really liked it, so cheesy tasting.

Love  the sliced spanish chorizo I could never find a brand of pepperoni i really liked in British supermarkets but this stuff is nicer and lower fat too

I also did one with ham and pineapple but didn't take a pic.   You may notice one of two bits of ham with the chorizo pepperoni pizza.

Have you tried this for pepperoni yet? I really liked it, only used it once so far but it has lots of flavour. I think it's from Morrisons iirc

Offline the1mu

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #13577 on: December 08, 2018, 05:35:00 AM »
Basil, jalapeño, and sausage

Offline CaptBob

• Supporting Member
« Reply #13578 on: December 08, 2018, 04:44:51 PM »
Chorizo, shrimp, fresh mozz, goat cheese, tequila avocado cream......
Bob

Online HBolte

• Lifetime Member
    • 500px
« Reply #13579 on: December 08, 2018, 05:16:53 PM »
Chorizo, shrimp, fresh mozz, goat cheese, tequila avocado cream......

OMGSH!
Hans