A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update  (Read 1277536 times)

Offline jsaras

Re: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update
« Reply #15520 on: October 04, 2019, 11:19:27 PM »
Lovely pics Jonas, very nice.... Looks like a lil post bake cheese grate, what type?

Pecorino romano
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #15521 on: October 05, 2019, 12:01:53 AM »

And just like that.... Blackstone baked frozen Chicago style thin pizza.  🍻
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #15522 on: October 05, 2019, 12:29:56 AM »
I'd nail that down! Here's a Papa Murphy from the PP Passione that was dr'd up some!!!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #15523 on: October 05, 2019, 12:38:45 AM »
Saaaweeet... An easy peazzy.
Skirt shot looks down right delish for a Friday night quickie.  🌛

Offline SuperTz

« Reply #15524 on: October 05, 2019, 01:34:23 PM »
I made my wife's favorite pizza, a Chicago thin tavern pie.  AP Flour (100%): 260 g, Water (55%): 143 g. IDY (0.1%): 0.26 g, Salt (2.2%): 5.72 g, Oil (1%): 2.6 g.  5 hours room temp fermentation.

Par-baked in a cutter pan for 4 minutes, topped, and baked for an additional 6 minutes at 550F.  Topped with sauce, whole milk low-moisture mozz, Spanish chorizo salami, grape tomatoes, kalamata olives,  Basil, oregano and olive oil added post-bake.

That looks better than Sal’s, Riverview and my other neighborhood pizzerias.

Offline wotavidone

• Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #15525 on: October 06, 2019, 07:04:46 AM »
"hey darlin', do we have any pizza toppings?"
"look in the freezer compartment of the fridge"
"OK"

Yup, we had pizza toppings:
Bocconcini,
Wet Mozzarella
Dry Mozzarella
Prosciutto
Pancetta
Serrano
Spanish ham
Barossa Smokehouse Bacon

There has to be some benefit to having your wife work odd hours at the supermarket.
It's her job to go through and find anything approaching its use by date and start marking it down so it sells before they have to throw it out.
If it is still there at the end of the shift, she can buy it herself and bring it home for the freezer.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 07:57:52 AM by wotavidone »

Offline wotavidone

• Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #15526 on: October 06, 2019, 07:22:32 AM »
We went to the Jamestown Show today.
Sorta the equivalent of a county fair maybe?

Future daughter-in-law was there helping her brother show their Dad's Charolais cattle.
Big heavy set French breed. Beautiful cows, placid as can be.
Dad couldn't be there. The calves aren't so placid and one kicked him in the face yesterday.
They have a competition for the youngsters where they have to judge 4 cows, rank them 1 to 4, then take the microphone and explain why they ranked them in the order they did.
Future granddaughter-to-be won the under 12 class.

Left strict instructions with #3 son that the tray of doughballs was to be removed from the refrigerator at 4pm sharp.
Shoulda said "Take em out at three and reball them"
I messed up the water addition somehow last night, but I thought I'd get away with it. Sorta did, but very wet and slack when I came to use them and extremely difficult to handle.
Still, I persevered.
When we got home from the show, I fired the wood oven for the first time in ages.
Kept it reasonably cool, since I didn't have any fresh basil i didn't look for Margherita temperatures.

Last couple were a tomato, mozz and prosciutto effort, and one with what ever was left on the cutting board.
Came out remarkably well considering the cool oven, the messed up dough and the lack of practice.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 07:30:29 AM by wotavidone »

Offline nanometric

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #15527 on: October 07, 2019, 12:18:40 PM »
First attempt at Chicago Thin...used Garvey's dough recipe (thank you!). It was a delicious crust, but despite copious docking w/fork, got bubbles.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 12:21:43 PM by nanometric »

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
    • 500px
« Reply #15528 on: October 07, 2019, 12:23:31 PM »
First attempt at Chicago Thin...used Garvey's dough recipe (thank you!). It was a delicious crust, but despite copious docking w/fork, got bubbles.

Doesn't look at all like a Chicago thin, but it does look like an awesome pizza!
Hans

Offline rkrider99

« Reply #15529 on: October 08, 2019, 07:44:43 AM »
My best Chi-thin yet. Followed Chi-Bob's recipe. Sat on the counter for about 3 hours, and it was super easy to roll out super thin. Docked, and par baked for 4 min at 425 on a perforated pan. Then topped with sausage (extra sausage), cheese (Bella Rosano from Costco), and onions. Baked for about 10 min at 425, followed by about 2 min under the broiler to finish the top.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #15530 on: October 08, 2019, 01:06:06 PM »

Looks great rk.... Nice job! :chef:
Love a sausage an onion combo.  :drool:

Offline rkrider99

« Reply #15531 on: October 09, 2019, 03:07:41 PM »

Looks great rk.... Nice job! :chef:
Love a sausage an onion combo.  :drool:

Thanks, CB. Not sure what I did different this time, but the crust was super tender, not like the cardboard it's usually like. This is the pizza I've been shooting for. The only thing I think might help, is baking it on the stone directly as opposed to the perforated pan. I normally would use the Blackstone, but it was pouring rain, so I had to adlib with the oven. Since I didn't give myself enough time to preheat the stone in the oven, the pan had to make do. I'm making it the same way next week, preferably on the Blackstone.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #15532 on: October 09, 2019, 04:31:28 PM »
Whole bake perforated pan = cardboard.  Because it's streamed not baked.
There are actually 2 styles to the Chicago thin pizza.
The cutter pan variation will give a very blond colored, soft, tender crust..... The no pan method makes a much more crunchy crust.
I love a very thin soft dough/crust that has a crispy edge that the cutter pan provides you with... The interior squares are folded over and delishly devoured.   :drool:.   
Must have fennel sausage!!  😃
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 04:33:49 PM by Chicago Bob »

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #15533 on: October 09, 2019, 10:47:10 PM »
Welllllll, the spelt may not have been a great choice for this flour, (Super Novola 0) and forgetting the salt and having to remix the dough was certainly a brain fart, but all and all the pies came out okay. Did 2, sausage, pepperoni, onion and mushroom 1 went across the street with my son in law, we had the other. 3.5 to 4 minute bakes. Stock floor 750°ish.....
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 10:48:44 PM by Jackitup »
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline CaptBob

• Supporting Member
« Reply #15534 on: October 09, 2019, 11:04:15 PM »
Welllllll, the spelt may not have been a great choice for this flour, (Super Novola 0) and forgetting the salt and having to remix the dough was certainly a brain fart, but all and all the pies came out okay. Did 2, sausage, pepperoni, onion and mushroom 1 went across the street with my son in law, we had the other. 3.5 to 4 minute bakes. Stock floor 750°ish.....

I'd be all over that Jon!!! :chef:
Bob

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #15535 on: October 10, 2019, 12:28:34 AM »
You know, always our own worst critic! I usually give it straight, other than the obvious, it helps no one trying to learn the craft by embellishing too much! Certainly would get a lot LESS cred by giving out glowing results on crappy ideas and having people think you're even nuttier because your ideas turn out like crap!!!😂 At any rate, next time I won't forget the salt and will skip or drop the % of the spelt, I used 5%. I like the taste but I don't think it works well with this style flour, good not great! Dough was very easy to open,  even a little too slack, but not overblown, sat at room temp for 3-4 hrs at 70° before hand stretching and baking. Also, only 1 day ferment instead of 2 or 3. Fun getting into some dough again!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 12:30:57 AM by Jackitup »
Jon

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #15536 on: October 10, 2019, 01:16:21 AM »
Do you prefer this oven over the Blackstone Jon?

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #15537 on: October 10, 2019, 01:25:02 AM »
I haven't used the BS since I got it! Planning on giving it to my nephew!!
Jon

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #15538 on: October 10, 2019, 01:33:57 AM »
Your pizza baked very nice.... Appears evenly cooked.
What oven is that sir?

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #15539 on: October 10, 2019, 01:53:29 AM »
The PP Passione with the stock floor.
Jon

wordpress