A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update  (Read 1374399 times)

Offline waltertore

• Lifetime Member
  • # 1 RATED PIZZERIA IN USA ON YELP
    • Smiling With Hope Pizza
Re: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update
« Reply #17040 on: June 28, 2020, 06:15:21 PM »
Looks incredible.  Do you use your regular dough for this?

yes - leftover dough from the day before - no waste and great flavor :)
SMILING WITH HOPE PIZZA MISSION STATEMENT
TO CREATE HOPE AND MEANING IN THE LIVES OF PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
http://www.smilingwithhopepizza.com/

Offline Pizza_Not_War

« Reply #17041 on: June 28, 2020, 06:43:33 PM »
PNW,

I like the looks and sound of that hot tuna pizza. Can you tell me what the green things are? Methinks you have healthy eating as a key objective. :-D

Peter
pepperoncini, green onions, olive oil, yellowfin tuna, avocado oil mayo, Tillamook baby Swiss, organic central milling 00, Bob's Redmill whole wheat.

99 percent of my eating is now dedicated to trying to be healthy. Payback for years of junk and debauchery.   >:D

Excuse my bad tpying, phone posts are for youngsters.

Offline Roadrunner

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #17042 on: June 28, 2020, 06:55:06 PM »
Barbecue chicken today.

Offline jkb

• Supporting Member
« Reply #17043 on: June 28, 2020, 07:24:06 PM »
Can't recall from my youth being in a bar with pizza that looked that good. It was usually just frozen cheap crap for the drunkards.

Today I did my new favorite Hot Tuna.

Yeah, we'de throw away the pizza and eat the cardboard round it was served on.
John

Offline PizzaSean

« Reply #17044 on: June 28, 2020, 07:26:00 PM »
Bar Pizza, AK Special.

this is incredible! Looks so much like my favorite bar pies!!

Offline sodface

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #17045 on: June 28, 2020, 08:01:04 PM »
I was trying to come up with something cool to do for post #1000 but I ended up making pizza and drinking beer, which is kinda cool I guess?? Big thanks to everyone here at pizzamaking.com for getting me to the point where making and eating pizza at home doesn't feel like a compromise. And a special shout out to Nick for his cracker crust formula, RIP buddy, I know you are still making some heavenly pies!

Tonight was supposed to be 4x 14" crackers but it was 80 degrees in the apartment and I just couldn't bring myself to crank up the big oven.  I moved the Wolf out to the porch and re-divided the dough into 5x 12" with a bit of scrap leftover.  0.052 TF.

4 went into the freezer.  #5 was Ezzo pepperoni (good!), homemade fennel sausage, mandolin sliced jalapeno, and crushed red pepper flakes.  Can't get things quite as crisp in the Wolf but it went down pretty good.
Carl

Offline ARenko

« Reply #17046 on: June 28, 2020, 09:42:21 PM »
Pizza fritta for the monthly challenge... ricotta, salami, provolone, S&P, and basil.

Been experimenting with vegetable based sauces lately... Asparagus cream, ricotta, mozzarella, salami, asparagus, parmesan, and EVOO.

Also made two pepperoni with the hormel cup and crisp.  First time I've tried it and it was pretty good.  Unfortunately my dough was a bit overfermented and I had a big hole in the first and the second was a complete mess, so no photos of those.  I made the asparagus pizza on the small side to keep it from a similar fate.

Offline Basquerider

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #17047 on: June 29, 2020, 06:43:54 AM »
Two from last night!

Offline RuOnPoint

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #17048 on: June 29, 2020, 03:06:56 PM »
Interesting combo, you have a lot on that pizza and yet you don't overload it like I probably would have. When I was high temp outdoor baking I used to do a sacrificial plain flatbread pizza dough to gauge burn factor. Might want to try that out.

Thanks for the tip. I think that since I started baking pies this year, they've all been in the oven in the kitchen and the control of the heat is so much easier with that set up. Since switching over the the Camp Chef Artisan Oven, the stone gets way hotter - yet, I'm not benefitting from the additional heat as you can see on my charred crust. Simply turing the burners down and having the stone temp in the mid 500's and then doming the pizza a couple of minutes in is giving the best result so far. Mentally, I hate to sacrifice a dough but I might just have to get over it so that I can dial in my temps. I'll work on it and post my progress. Thank you PNW.

Offline nickyr

« Reply #17049 on: June 29, 2020, 09:37:17 PM »
Thanks for the tip. I think that since I started baking pies this year, they've all been in the oven in the kitchen and the control of the heat is so much easier with that set up. Since switching over the the Camp Chef Artisan Oven, the stone gets way hotter - yet, I'm not benefitting from the additional heat as you can see on my charred crust. Simply turing the burners down and having the stone temp in the mid 500's and then doming the pizza a couple of minutes in is giving the best result so far. Mentally, I hate to sacrifice a dough but I might just have to get over it so that I can dial in my temps. I'll work on it and post my progress. Thank you PNW.
Do you have an IR thermometer? If you take the stone temp you may not need to sacrifice dough.

Offline PizzaSean

« Reply #17050 on: June 30, 2020, 04:29:37 AM »
Made 6 pies the other night but really only got pics of the last one.

Flour is All Trumps, cheese is Kirkland Part Skim Low Moisture, pecorino underneath, tomatoes are a mix of things. 500F for 7-8 min. Miss my old setup with a broiler on the top, but it was still tasty.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 09:13:38 AM by Pete-zza »

Offline WillowzA

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #17051 on: June 30, 2020, 06:23:01 PM »
Enjoying 2-3 min bakes in the ardore at the minute with a shortish fermentation and a little LDMP. 5 hr old dough.

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #17052 on: June 30, 2020, 09:37:16 PM »
Enjoying 2-3 min bakes in the ardore at the minute with a shortish fermentation and a little LDMP. 5 hr old dough.
   Now that's the way to do it!   :drool: :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Pizza_Not_War

« Reply #17053 on: June 30, 2020, 09:48:10 PM »
Do you have an IR thermometer? If you take the stone temp you may not need to sacrifice dough.
My late dog used to take the rejects happily, no sacrifice needed. He loved my pizza.

Offline nickyr

« Reply #17054 on: June 30, 2020, 10:29:38 PM »
My late dog used to take the rejects happily, no sacrifice needed. He loved my pizza.
Awwww

Offline WillowzA

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #17055 on: July 01, 2020, 03:56:42 AM »
   Now that's the way to do it!   :drool: :chef:
Cheers Bob!

Offline RuOnPoint

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #17056 on: July 03, 2020, 04:57:51 PM »
Turned out two pies this morning. I used less instant yeast this time in my dough formula and I could see a difference in the form of less airyness, although flavor was quite similar. Iím pretty happy with it but will up the IY next time around. Also went for a 600-ish stone temp and each pie tool about 5-6 minutes with plenty of doming. My IR thermometer only goes to 600 and I canít seem to find one that goes above that in stores or online.

Offline schibetta

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #17057 on: July 03, 2020, 06:17:20 PM »
Homemade red pesto
Mozzarella Fior Di Latte
Homemade Seitan Chorizo
+ some grilled cashews

I messed up the shape while it was on my peel, the shape could have been better...

cooked on a steel for 8 min at 500įf and I got a good undercrust, it was crispy

Offline Pizza_Not_War

« Reply #17058 on: July 03, 2020, 09:54:17 PM »
Grilled Cashews sounds great. Might have to try that soon.

Offline quietdesperation

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #17059 on: July 03, 2020, 11:09:06 PM »
first time baking with 7/11 tomatoes, pepperoni with fresh oregano from our garden and an onion pie.
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" - the hobbit, jrr tolkien