A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Help with NY style  (Read 4610 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always working and looking for new information!
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Help with NY style
« Reply #140 on: February 25, 2017, 12:24:22 PM »
Very nice looking pizza Larry!

Norma

Offline Hermit

• Supporting Member
  • On the journey
« Reply #141 on: February 25, 2017, 12:45:35 PM »

^^^ yummy!

Offline CaptBob

• Supporting Member
« Reply #142 on: February 25, 2017, 12:47:25 PM »

Norma

Totally agree! That's a beautiful pie Larry!
Bob

Offline rparker

• Supporting Member
« Reply #143 on: February 25, 2017, 01:33:08 PM »
Very nice, Larry. Was it your 12-inch oven, and what did you change as far as that goes?

Embrace the challenge. Do not accept difficult as impossible. Enjoy the journey. Become your own pizza memory.

(Please assume all appropriate genre identification disclaimers as rendered.)

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #144 on: February 25, 2017, 02:20:47 PM »
 super heated the oven got floor to 600 the dropped oven to 550. used the stretching video josh provided         

the dough was a little cold so it was easy to work with. and stretched with some pressure on the crust edge.

Offline rparker

• Supporting Member
« Reply #145 on: February 25, 2017, 02:45:28 PM »
How old was your dough?
Embrace the challenge. Do not accept difficult as impossible. Enjoy the journey. Become your own pizza memory.

(Please assume all appropriate genre identification disclaimers as rendered.)

Offline hodgey1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza 🍕
    • My WFO project
« Reply #146 on: February 25, 2017, 04:15:30 PM »
Totally agree! That's a beautiful pie Larry!
^^^

Offline HarryHaller73

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #147 on: February 25, 2017, 04:28:23 PM »
super heated the oven got floor to 600 the dropped oven to 550. used the stretching video josh provided         

the dough was a little cold so it was easy to work with. and stretched with some pressure on the crust edge.

Make sure to stay out of the middle tho keep it bit more voluminous, cos the center will get thinner faster than the outer areas when you stretch.  Avoid a tapered slice.

Offline Josh123

« Reply #148 on: February 26, 2017, 01:01:57 PM »
Have no had much time for slice style pies. I have had pm's from members on the post content and can say that everyone had been great. We do not get better if we sugarcoat critisisim. I got pm from harry  as well as josh . Explaining their thoughts . Josh offered a a stretching video that was helpful to me. I made a pizza last night using it as well as dropping my temperature . Very enjoyable pizza. I added basil evoo and grated cheese post baked . Di Farra style pic enclosed . Getting better thanks to all !!!

Definitely headed in the right direction in regards to the crust and stretch! Next pie, experiment with adding 1 more ounce of sauce, and 2 more ounces of cheese. See what you think of that.

Offline bregent

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #149 on: February 26, 2017, 03:03:02 PM »
Like this?  :chef:

I grew up in Nassau county in the 50's, 60's and 70's and ate a lot of pizza mostly from pie joints on LI and Queens, and many of the pies looked like that. To me, that certainly qualifies as NY pizza.
Bob

Offline hammettjr

• Supporting Member
  • Matt
« Reply #150 on: February 26, 2017, 03:16:54 PM »
I grew up in Nassau county in the 50's, 60's and 70's and ate a lot of pizza mostly from pie joints on LI and Queens, and many of the pies looked like that. To me, that certainly qualifies as NY pizza.

Yep, that was from Umberto's in New Hyde Park (Nassau county, Long Island for those who aren't familiar with the area). Do you remember any of the pizzerias you went to back then (that may still be open now)? I only moved to Queens in 2003 and Nassau in 2013.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 03:20:39 PM by hammettjr »
Matt

Offline bregent

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #151 on: March 08, 2017, 06:36:17 PM »
Yep, that was from Umberto's in New Hyde Park (Nassau county, Long Island for those who aren't familiar with the area). Do you remember any of the pizzerias you went to back then (that may still be open now)? I only moved to Queens in 2003 and Nassau in 2013.

I think they're all gone. Local place frequented often was Joey's on Merrick Rd in Merrick. Quality varied over the years, but after I moved out west I would kill for even their worst rendition. Last I checked Yelp it was closed. Tommy's in Bellmore, also now closed. Zeke's, I think was in East Meadow - special was large pie and 1 liter soda for $3.00! Not the best but couldn't beat the price and 1000x better than anything in California. 
Bob

wordpress