A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Today's Bread  (Read 416378 times)

Offline dmcavanagh

• In Memoriam
Re: Today's Bread
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2013, 03:36:00 PM »
That looks fantastic @dhorst, rye is definitely on my "to do" list. If you're interested, the North Country Store sells some nice rye flour, not always an easy thing to find these days. I'll be up that way this weekend and all next week.
Rest In Peace - November 1, 2014

Offline dhorst

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2013, 03:40:37 PM »
That looks fantastic @dhorst, rye is definitely on my "to do" list. If you're interested, the North Country Store sells some nice rye flour, not always an easy thing to find these days. I'll be up that way this weekend and all next week.

I am all set dmc, but thanks for the offer.  The Amish market I go to in Seneca Falls has rye and pumpernickel and their prices are great!  Sounds like there may be fishing on the St. Lawrence in your near future!

Online Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2013, 03:42:42 PM »
Your breads are looking awesome young lady!!

jon
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline dmcavanagh

• In Memoriam
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2013, 04:08:02 PM »
I am all set dmc, but thanks for the offer.  The Amish market I go to in Seneca Falls has rye and pumpernickel and their prices are great!  Sounds like there may be fishing on the St. Lawrence in your near future!
You've got that right!

Offline dhorst

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2013, 05:59:45 PM »
Crumb shot.

Online Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2013, 06:05:20 PM »
Perfect!!!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline dhorst

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2013, 06:14:21 PM »
Perfect!!!

Thanks!  One of my dreams is to take some classes from this bread artist!
http://breadhitz.com/decbreads.html

A girl can dream.

Online Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2013, 06:22:27 PM »
Even with classes I don't think I could ever get up there, and I can turn out some pretty good bread although I have not made much lately. That stuff looks incredible, if it tastes 1/2 as good as it looks.......

jon
Jon

Offline redox

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2013, 06:38:00 PM »
Sourdough rye and pumpernickel with dried shallots, caraway and dill seeds.
Oh man, that bread would be so great in a Reuben sammich!

Online Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2013, 06:49:56 PM »
Or even 'ON' a Reuben sammich and corned beef IN it :-D
Jon

Offline dmcavanagh

• In Memoriam
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2013, 07:09:10 PM »

A girl can dream.
He's not that far away @dhorst, he lives in MA.

Offline redox

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2013, 07:14:11 PM »
Or even 'ON' a Reuben sammich and corned beef IN it :-D
Heh, heh...damned prepositions.  :-D
So I take it you've never seen me make a sandwich, hey?

Offline deb415611

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2013, 07:28:18 PM »

A girl can dream.

Diana,

I took his Artisan pastry & bread class at King Arthur a couple years ago.  His energy in the classroom is amazing.  If you have the chance don't pass it up.

Deb
Deb

Online Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2013, 07:34:11 PM »
Heh, heh...damned prepositions.  :-D
So I take it you've never seen me make a sandwich, hey?

It all ends up in the same place mang!!!
Jon

Offline Bert

• Lifetime Member
  • Mighty Pizza Stone
    • MightyPizzaOven.com
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2013, 07:27:12 PM »
Diana, somehow i missed this post, your bread looks awesome, especially the one in your first post.
Bert

Offline dhorst

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2013, 07:45:06 PM »
Diana, somehow i missed this post, your bread looks awesome, especially the one in your first post.

I hope to see some of yours soon, provided it's not too hot!  I did not bake today :'(due to temps on the plus side of 95.  I have central air, but I don't want to push the system too hard.  Tomorrow will be hotter, but since I made a sacrifice for today... ;D

Online Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2013, 07:52:11 PM »
I hope to see some of yours soon, provided it's not too hot!  I did not bake today :'(due to temps on the plus side of 95.  I have central air, but I don't want to push the system too hard.  Tomorrow will be hotter, but since I made a sacrifice for today... ;D

96 here in MN today!! Going to fry a piece of fish and nuke some leftover rice dish from yesterday. Still would rather the heat than 30-40 below. Some of that bread would be perfect on the plate!!
Jon

Offline dhorst

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2013, 06:56:51 PM »
Only 70 for the high today, so. ..

Offline dmcavanagh

• In Memoriam
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2013, 07:40:38 PM »
Nice, load that up with Italian cold cuts and cheeses and I'll be right out! I made bread today in my new Oster bread machine. I forgot the salt and sugar but it still came out pretty good, just think how it will be when I doi it right. ::)

Offline Phil

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2013, 05:45:28 PM »
Those loaves really are amazing. I bake a fair bit too and its great to find some bread here as well. I love that you use dill seed. It's difficult to get here in the UK but adds great flavour. I made Cheese and Shallots today, had it with wings too and you guessed it Franks.... Woop woop!!!
The loaf pic is the sourdough one I do with dill seed, jalapeno's, cheese and cracked black pepper you can just see a few chilli flakes thrown in for good measure.