A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Flat Dough Ball Problem  (Read 3196 times)

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
Re: Flat Dough Ball Problem
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2017, 08:25:01 PM »
Great work. Pies look awesome.

Mike

ďAll styles of pizza are valid. I make the best Iím capable of; you should make the best youíre capable of. I donít want to make somebody elseís pizza.Ē ~ Chris Bianco

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2017, 08:28:36 PM »

Edit: Also, you have many evolving recipes, do you have a current public version of your NY dough? I'm pretty happy with how my trials are going, but again doesn't hurt to see others formulations. Found it here: Post #933 https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=8093.msg380433#msg380433

Thanks for helpin out!

This is the formula I am currently using since I aquired a new oven. I'm still messing with it, though, hence no real details until it's all set.

Mike

ďAll styles of pizza are valid. I make the best Iím capable of; you should make the best youíre capable of. I donít want to make somebody elseís pizza.Ē ~ Chris Bianco

Offline hammettjr

• Supporting Member
  • Matt
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2017, 08:34:08 PM »

This problem is solved, thread is dead! I'll be starting a personal thread..

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your pies, they look great. I think you've inspired me to pay a little more attention to my dough temp too.

Matt

Offline aawhite

« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2017, 09:34:49 AM »
I'm looking forward to seeing more of your pies, they look great. I think you've inspired me to pay a little more attention to my dough temp too.

Thank you! Paying attention to (and lowering) dough temp, and more so consistent/good dough management completely changed making pizza for me. It's no longer a game, sometimes up sometimes down.

The joints I worked at had dough workflows in place, but I was young and just following directions, not really thinking about why. These joints also weren't very good. We had days in the shop where dough was totally different because of whatever reason. Some shops we made the dough, another had it delivered daily balled on sheet pans. All 3 places we tossed the dough, panned it, and stacked it in coolers. From pan to screen, dress and bake cold in conveyor ovens.. Real thick pies all too. If you've ever had a New Orleans delivery pie, you'd know it. The pies were bad, but working in the kitchens was a blast. Nothing more fun for a teenager than tossing dough, making pizzas, and throwing them in boxes. Ah pastimes!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 09:40:16 AM by aawhite »

A D V E R T I S E M E N T