A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: help with P134H bypass  (Read 426 times)

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
help with P134H bypass
« on: October 17, 2019, 09:41:03 AM »
      Hi members i just picked up a p134h oven and want to do the bypass mod. i only speak and understand English. the above mod seems simple. i have 4 areas i do not understand. i was hhoping a member could help me with them.
  first two white wires going to the bypass switch where does top go and where does bottom go. it shows one going to a certain point but i am not sure if it is top white or bottom white. 
next there is the third white that goes from the left side of the switch. look like it goes too one of the two connections in the lid part of the oven. there is a blue wire and brown wire. not sure which is being used.
 last question the remaining wire either blue or brown. is that reconnected to it original location or left unconected?
 this seems the easiest modification and i feel i can accomplish it. just a little vague on those 4 points. thanks for any help i can get. Larry

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
Re: help with P134H bypassing
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 10:38:23 PM »
 Just a follow up on this modification. I was able to perform it thanks to .members amolapizza ,berryvabeach. They both offered assistance. I also used Greg Gsans posts to see how he did his mods.I was able to use google translate To study a pictorial to on that French Neapolitan forum.
 The bypass allows the top burner to stay on at all times. This seems important to get 60 second pizzas. For faster bakes other modifications are needed . Ggans uses these to get his bakes under a minute. I am not comfortable with doing them myself yet.
 One of the biggest problems in a under 45 second bake is the thermal overload protector that shuts the oven down at 565 degrees centigrade . That seems high but it trips with any extended use. Greg pulls the probe out of the chamber to pretty much disable it. He adds hid own temperature gages to monitor the internal temperature.
 These ovens are being highly modified by the French and Italian Neapolitan pizza makers. They include PID controls. Bigger heating elements,No burn Saputo floors, and interior metal door covers.they get 45 second bakes. And the pizzas look very well baked.
 My oven has been in the modified mode about a week. I have had three or four sessions and. I am at about 60 seconds bake time. Playing with different dough recipes and rise times.
 If anyone has any ideas on modifying these ovens I would love to hear about them.
 A few pictures note the 4 pizza picture includes one pizza from my Breville oven. It isnít far off on its ability to cook a Neapolitan pizza.
 I want to thank the members for their help. Iím sure there is a lot of knowledge that they can share on this oven
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 01:07:34 AM by thezaman »

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
Re: help with P134H bypass
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 10:40:11 PM »
More pictures

Offline Heikjo

• Lifetime Member
  • A sour dough makes a happy me
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 02:32:36 AM »
Glad you figured it out, Larry, and these pies looks very nice.

I looked into modifications too, and on the mentioned French and Italian forums they do a lot of stuff with the ovens.

My only mod so far is adjusting the thermostat to make it cut at a higher temperature. I adjusted it some and got temperatures over 500C, then tried increasing it a little bit more, but that resulted in the safety thermostat tripping. If you want to aim for sub 60 bakes I think it will be necessary to pull out the safety thermostat. That will obviously introduce an element of risk, but as long as you are always near and operating the oven yourself, I don't think it's too much of a risk.

I think the probe is placed high, quite close to the upper element, so it gets heated quickly.

If I don't turn the pies, they are done in about 60 seconds. With a turn it's usually 65-70s, but that includes some seconds spent outside the oven. Do you turn your pies?

How did your bottoms turn out? One thing I struggled with was that the stone got too hot with higher temperatures, but at 60 seconds it seems fine.

I have thought about adding some insulation to the door since the pies bake faster in the back of the oven.
-Heine. Mostly Neapolitan sourdough pizzas in an electric Effeuno P134H.

Offline barryvabeach

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 07:27:03 AM »
Larry,  great looking pies,  glad you got it working. 

Offline Vinny G

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2019, 09:35:19 AM »
Wow, those pies are incredible!
Be Kind To The People You Meet On The Way Up, Because You're Going To Meet The Same People On The Way Down

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2019, 08:25:10 PM »
 Did another bake tonight. 24 hour all room temperature. Timing the bake one minute then a 180 turn and 15 more seconds. Not much different in cooking time then the breville oven. Definitely need more modifications to lower bake times.
 Front door cover, extra insulation under the oven cover, removing the safety probe from the hearth.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2019, 12:11:52 AM »
Today amolapizza had mentioned a post in the Italian forum. It talked about getting most of the heat from the floor and not the upper element. I tried heating the stone to 825 degrees using the bottom element at full heat. The top set it at 400 degrees . Once my floor hit temperature I went full heat on the top .
 Got my best bakes yet. 75 seconds

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2019, 11:11:46 AM »
  Working on faster bake times this is 60 seconds.

Offline amolapizza

• If pizza is food for the gods, what are we..
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2019, 04:14:38 PM »
Nice bottom!  How did you do that?
Effeuno P134H (1700W upper element), EGO 500C Thermostat (upper), Biscotto Fornace Saputo, Sunmix Sun6, Caputo Pizzeria, Caputo Sacorosso, Mutti S. Marzano (DOP), Mutti Pelati Bio.