Author Topic: Blackstone Mods and Adjustments  (Read 126215 times)

Offline old_alex

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Blackstone Mods and Adjustments
« Reply #600 on: January 14, 2017, 03:10:22 PM »

I have had my Blackstone for 2 years and the bearing mod installed for about 1 year, I use the oven once a week with few exceptions 52 weeks a year. Two weeks ago I started to hear a high pitch whine when the table turned not often but once every 2 minutes. I looked into lubricants specifically high temperature food grade lubricants.  I found one on amazon that is good to 475F, given the distance between the flame and and the support brace the bearing is on I was not worried about temperature s above that.
PURE WHITE 31003 Food Grade Anti-Seize Compound with PTFE, 3 oz. $6.14
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JRTAXK2/?tag=pmak-20

Here are some pictures and video of the (SWEET) results.
Top view:

bottom view

Offline old_alex

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #601 on: January 15, 2017, 10:30:33 AM »
One more thing  clean the old sleeve bearing and lube it as it is a close fit. Just wipe the inside of the sleeve to clean it with a paper towel and put some of the lubricant on the shaft before you reassemble (thin layer with a piece of wax paper) . Clean off the protruding shaft after you reassemble. 

Offline acorbin3

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #602 on: January 17, 2017, 04:38:00 AM »

I have had my Blackstone for 2 years and the bearing mod installed for about 1 year, I use the oven once a week with few exceptions 52 weeks a year. Two weeks ago I started to hear a high pitch whine when the table turned not often but once every 2 minutes. I looked into lubricants specifically high temperature food grade lubricants.  I found one on amazon that is good to 475F, given the distance between the flame and and the support brace the bearing is on I was not worried about temperature s above that.
PURE WHITE 31003 Food Grade Anti-Seize Compound with PTFE, 3 oz. $6.14
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JRTAXK2/?tag=pmak-20

Here are some pictures and video of the (SWEET) results.

Thanks old_alex! I also did the bearing mod when I first got the Blackstone and I left the rotisserie on overnight woke up to the same high pitched noise  haha. If I didnt change up to the stone only mod a few weeks ago I would totally do this!