A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Best electric/gas oven that gets hot enough to produce Neapolitan pizza? (~500)  (Read 217 times)

Offline Michal

• I Love Pizza!
Hi everyone!

Over the last couple of days, I have probably read too many threads about home pizza ovens. At this point, it seems like the more I read, the less I know.

I either want a compact electric oven (230V), or an outdoor gas oven, that will be relatively hassle-free and allow me to bake a pizza in ~60 seconds. Of course, I want it as cheap as possible (hey, I'm only 25!), with the maximum price being ~500 shipped to Poland.

My first idea was to buy the compact Optima Express Napoli countertop oven (similar to G3Ferrari). However, upon more research, I found out that modding will be necessary. I thought, that's fine. But the mods are endless. I'm not new to DIY projects, instead of focusing on the the actual pizza, I'll be tinkering with the oven for months before I get it to function the way it's supposed to  ::)

Ok, so I'll shell out more money. The Effeuno P134H gets hotter than the declared 450 degrees Celsius. And then - whoops! A new, "upgraded" version came out, it doesn't get as hot anymore. Maybe the GGF Micro? The top heater seems to be too weak. Roccbox? Expensive, and doesn't get as hot as advertised. I've considered a multitude of other options and not one of them seems to be quite right.

My head is bursting and I don't know what to buy. My gut is telling me to simply go with the cheapest option, but I'm scared of how time- and money-consuming the mods will be. Please help me out!!!