A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Getting the Blackstone oven from Cabela's  (Read 219803 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Always working and looking for new information!
Re: Getting the Blackstone oven from Cabela's
« Reply #780 on: September 27, 2014, 05:43:55 PM »
I normally would not post about a pizza like this.  It ended up being like a football pizza.  :-D  The reason I am posting about it to show how even at higher temperatures the bottom crust did not burn when using the oil method to open up the dough. 

The dough was leftover dough from some batches of dough I made at market.  It only weighed 9.8 ounce.  The dough was very misshappen from being pushed between things in the freezer.  I was going to just incorporated this dough into the batches on Monday.  I decided to try Frank's oil method and oil on both sides, and flour on one side.  The dough sure didn't not open evenly and wanted to stick to the table even before it was placed on the peel.

I might try to redeem myself tomorrow with making a dough with fresh yeast.  I have no idea of how much fresh yeast to use. 

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #781 on: September 27, 2014, 05:46:10 PM »
Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #782 on: September 28, 2014, 02:25:58 PM »
I had planned on making the spiked apple granola pizza with icing drizzle in the Blackstone today.  The platter stopped turning while the Blackstone was heating up.  I am posting on this thread to let anyone know that the Blackstone bottom pizza stone does work in a home oven if they don't own a regular pizza stone.

If anyone is interested to see how the pizza turned out in my home oven at lower temperatures on the Blackstone bottom stone the photo are at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=34301.msg341326#msg341326

Norma

Offline widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
« Reply #783 on: September 30, 2014, 03:20:34 PM »
sorry to post this here,  but I am moving and need to sell a blackstone in like new condition,  have box and will throw in some extras! I am in southern NH.  please PM me if interested!  Thanks -marc

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #784 on: September 30, 2014, 03:44:05 PM »
sorry to post this here,  but I am moving and need to sell a blackstone in like new condition,  have box and will throw in some extras! I am in southern NH.  please PM me if interested!  Thanks -marc
Do you ship to Brazil ?   :D
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
« Reply #785 on: September 30, 2014, 04:13:56 PM »
bob,  what do you mean?  somebody looking over there?

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #786 on: September 30, 2014, 08:59:34 PM »
bob,  what do you mean?  somebody looking over there?
Yes sir.....he needs more than one.

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=34318.msg341696#top
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #787 on: October 19, 2014, 03:28:28 PM »
I have been working outside on and off for the last week and a half to cut things down, and rake things out of the yard.  I had wanted to get around to trying the fix the Blackstone motor, but knew if I did that I would not get the other work outside finished.  I would have use the BS for baking pizzas, and would not have gotten much of any work finished.  :-D

Today I finally got most of the outside work done in preparation for winter.  There still will be leaves to be raked and a few bushes to trim.  I really like the crispness of the weather some days in the fall and the beautiful leaves, but I hate to think what will come next.

I took the Blackstone oven apart and sanded the rusted parts and cleaned them.  I then tried the motor and it worked without being hooked to the platter.  I really don't know if the key pin being stuck in the bottom of the platter key hole place where it fits is why my platter stopped rotating the last time I tried to use it.  I did find out my bearing mod was all junked up and then that was cleaned.  I also sprayed some WD-40 into the place where the key pin fits into the motor. 

The platter and stone are rotating freely again.  ;D I guess I can now try the GM self-rising flour and yogurt dough in the Blackstone different ways.  >:D

When I took the cover off of the BS I saw someone had taken the fuller tank off of the BS and put it on the BBQ grill.  Whoever did that did not connect the other tank up.  If the other tank would not have worked I would have had to place this post on the p##**# thread.

I put the original stone back in the BS, because the nurses where my mother resides want me to bring my regular pizza stone there and make them and the residents some pizzas sometime soon.  Their oven can get up to at least 550 degrees F.

Video of the platter turning again.

Norma
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 03:33:35 PM by norma427 »

Offline barryvabeach

« Reply #788 on: October 19, 2014, 10:03:42 PM »
Norma,  glad to see you got it going again,  looking forward to hearing what you think about different stones on the BS now that you have used the thick stone for a while, and are moving back to the stock stone.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #789 on: October 19, 2014, 10:37:54 PM »
Norma,  glad to see you got it going again,  looking forward to hearing what you think about different stones on the BS now that you have used the thick stone for a while, and are moving back to the stock stone.

Barry,

Thanks for saying you are glad to see I got the motor spinning the platter again.  I had thought the motor was dead.  Yes, I tried the firebricks and then my home pizza stone.  I will report back what I think about the standard stone that comes with the Blackstone compared to the other baking surfaces.

Norma

Offline rparker

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #790 on: March 08, 2015, 12:09:35 PM »
Barry,

Thanks for saying you are glad to see I got the motor spinning the platter again.  I had thought the motor was dead.  Yes, I tried the firebricks and then my home pizza stone.  I will report back what I think about the standard stone that comes with the Blackstone compared to the other baking surfaces.

Norma
Hi Norma. I was wondering if you had written a reply anywhere with your current or final thoughts on the stones you tried using the BS. thanks,

Roy

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #791 on: March 08, 2015, 12:32:09 PM »
Hi Norma. I was wondering if you had written a reply anywhere with your current or final thoughts on the stones you tried using the BS. thanks,

Roy

Roy,

I haven't written a reply on the currents thoughts on the stones I have tried in the BS.  I really liked the firebricks for different styles of pizzas, but then my motor went bad.  The regular stone that came with the BS and the 16 pizza stone also worked well. 

After the weather gets better in my area I am going to purchase a new motor and get back to trying some more pizzas in the BS.

Norma

Offline rparker

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #792 on: March 08, 2015, 01:23:16 PM »
Thanks, Norma.

Spring is right around the corner. That's what I hear, anyhow.

My motor started doing some very excessive whirring. I got a new motor and a cheaper back up motor. Fortunately, they are not expensive.

Roy

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #793 on: March 08, 2015, 01:47:23 PM »
Thanks, Norma.

Spring is right around the corner. That's what I hear, anyhow.

My motor started doing some very excessive whirring. I got a new motor and a cheaper back up motor. Fortunately, they are not expensive.

Roy

Roy,

I am anxious for spring to come.  :)  I had to dig snow and ice out around the BS so many times this winter. 

Can you tell me where you purchased your replacements motors for your BS?

Norma

Offline rparker

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #794 on: March 08, 2015, 02:14:46 PM »
Roy,

I am anxious for spring to come.  :)  I had to dig snow and ice out around the BS so many times this winter. 

Can you tell me where you purchased your replacements motors for your BS?

Norma
I had to down here a couple times in the past few weeks. I did it before doing the front steps and sidewalk. Priorities.  ;D

Some place I landed on after a search called "OneGrill. Two links. Both ended up being counter-clockwise, which I discovered I like. They both move a bit quicker, and the electric only has a stronger weight capacity.
http://www.onegrill.com/Stainless_Electric_Grill_Rotisserie_Spit_Motor_p/4pm05.htm
http://www.onegrill.com/Battery_Rotisserie_Motor_p/4pm03.htm

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #795 on: March 08, 2015, 02:25:52 PM »
I had to down here a couple times in the past few weeks. I did it before doing the front steps and sidewalk. Priorities.  ;D

Some place I landed on after a search called "OneGrill. Two links. Both ended up being counter-clockwise, which I discovered I like. They both move a bit quicker, and the electric only has a stronger weight capacity.
http://www.onegrill.com/Stainless_Electric_Grill_Rotisserie_Spit_Motor_p/4pm05.htm
http://www.onegrill.com/Battery_Rotisserie_Motor_p/4pm03.htm

Roy,

Lol about your priorities!

I think I will purchase the electric one since it has a stronger weight capacity.  Thanks for the links!

Norma

Offline rparker

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #796 on: March 08, 2015, 03:21:14 PM »
Roy,

Lol about your priorities!

I think I will purchase the electric one since it has a stronger weight capacity.  Thanks for the links!

Norma
No problems. Glad to help for a change.  ;D

Remember that both of these were counter-clockwise and not clock-wise as the stock one.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #797 on: March 08, 2015, 03:23:53 PM »
No problems. Glad to help for a change.  ;D

Remember that both of these were counter-clockwise and not clock-wise as the stock one.

Roy,

I enjoy all of your posts and like how you experiment.

That is okay is both of the motors rotate counter-clockwise.

Norma

Offline rparker

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #798 on: March 08, 2015, 04:24:29 PM »
Thank you, Norma. I enjoy yours as well. I often land on one of your threads when researching.  8)

Offline rparker

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #799 on: March 09, 2015, 08:56:09 PM »
Norma, I forgot to mention that both of the motors I linked to turn faster than the stock one. Well, unless the batteries get left in the cold weather for a month and used every day.  :-[

Roy