A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: NJ Boardwalk Pizza  (Read 608653 times)

Offline Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
Re: NJ Boardwalk Pizza
« Reply #2520 on: September 20, 2020, 06:17:44 PM »
The Zoom virtual pizza party was interesting.  Sure don't know if they made a Guinness World Record but the whole thing taught me more about Zoom and trying to follow everything on how to upload a photo to the directed website was confusing.  I didn't have a paper and pencil on hand, so couldn't really write down the link where they were telling us to go to upload a photo.  I did ask a question on Zoom and people told me too keep on trying to upload my photo. Cell reception was also bad where I was.  Other people were also having problems uploading their photo's.  Finally got it done right before 8 pm.  :-.  It was really windy and cooler in Wildwood Friday night so my hair was wind blown, and had caught my hand in my dogs leash so my right hand was partly black and blue.   :-D

At least new lessons learned. :)

Norma
Norma-
I saw that you set a record. Here's the link if you want to try to upload a photo.

https://largestpizzaparty.com/photo/

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Always working and looking for new information!
« Reply #2521 on: September 21, 2020, 12:11:53 AM »
I知 a day late here
I知 in Margate, (with my Breville)and would have met you at Macs for pizza day
On my to-do list, now that the crowds thinned out.

Perry

Perry,

It wasn't crowded at Wildwood.  Would have like to meet with you!  :)

We went to Cape May earlier Friday and that place was nuts with people.   :o  At least almost all of the people in Cape May wore masks.

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2522 on: September 21, 2020, 12:35:35 AM »
Norma-
I saw that you set a record. Here's the link if you want to try to upload a photo.

https://largestpizzaparty.com/photo/

Jon in Albany,

I just saw on facebook that Hormel Foods posted they set a world's record.  Thanks for your post!  ;D

I did upload a photo.  I posted it at Reply 2516 https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=9068.msg640780#msg640780

I was getting worried I wouldn稚 get my photo in time for it to get counted, cause I was having so many problems uploading it.  First of all, I am new to Zoom.  Was only on one time before and wasn't the best.  This time around it was worse, cause all I had was my cell, and it wasn't getting good reception in Wildwood Friday night.  Will spare you all of the other details, but it was kinda funny.   :-D

Just wonder how Guinness will verify all of the photos, that they really were taken Friday night.  I talked to my daughter about that when trying to upload mine.  How do they know I didn't take a photo of a pizza/slice/slices and me a long time ago?  ???

Norma

Offline Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #2523 on: September 21, 2020, 08:27:05 AM »
Jon in Albany,

I just saw on facebook that Hormel Foods posted they set a world's record.  Thanks for your post!  ;D

I did upload a photo.  I posted it at Reply 2516 https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=9068.msg640780#msg640780

I was getting worried I wouldn稚 get my photo in time for it to get counted, cause I was having so many problems uploading it.  First of all, I am new to Zoom.  Was only on one time before and wasn't the best.  This time around it was worse, cause all I had was my cell, and it wasn't getting good reception in Wildwood Friday night.  Will spare you all of the other details, but it was kinda funny.   :-D

Just wonder how Guinness will verify all of the photos, that they really were taken Friday night.  I talked to my daughter about that when trying to upload mine.  How do they know I didn't take a photo of a pizza/slice/slices and me a long time ago?  ???

Norma

Great photo! I think I even remember where that is from spending some time in Wildwood a few years ago. Maybe the photos have a time stamp in them. I know my phone dates photos. You might be able to turn that off though. I'm not really sure.

Hope you watched the tram car and got a Polish ice water. I really liked those when I was there. Nice on a hot day.

Offline pizzaboyfan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2524 on: September 21, 2020, 08:44:56 AM »
Perry,

It wasn't crowded at Wildwood.  Would have like to meet with you!  :)

We went to Cape May earlier Friday and that place was nuts with people.   :o  At least almost all of the people in Cape May wore masks.

Norma

Norma, Right after my post, as the Eagles were getting beat , I drove over to Ocean City, and had my first Manco slice.
It was very tasty, and I can see why it is a target. I知 a fan if a good Trenton type, and this was very good. The cheese blend was certainly unique, but I have to admit I lost interest in the crust.
Now, I did see someone coming down the boardwalk with a stack of pies from Preps, so I wandered over there for a really nice NY slice. That crust was good to the last bite.
That one was just out of the oven, as opposed to the sad old slices sitting out.

I知 here all winter, so I have much more research to do.
Perry
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 08:47:05 AM by pizzaboyfan »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2525 on: September 21, 2020, 10:09:13 AM »
Great photo! I think I even remember where that is from spending some time in Wildwood a few years ago. Maybe the photos have a time stamp in them. I know my phone dates photos. You might be able to turn that off though. I'm not really sure.

Hope you watched the tram car and got a Polish ice water. I really liked those when I was there. Nice on a hot day.

Jon in Albany,

Not sure if my photos from cell have a time stamp.  Good your phone dates photos.

No tram car running this time of the year.  Polish ice was only open part of a day when we were in Wildwood and it was too cold to eat it in windy conditions.  I really like Polish ice too. 

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2526 on: September 21, 2020, 10:16:28 AM »
Norma, Right after my post, as the Eagles were getting beat , I drove over to Ocean City, and had my first Manco slice.
It was very tasty, and I can see why it is a target. I知 a fan if a good Trenton type, and this was very good. The cheese blend was certainly unique, but I have to admit I lost interest in the crust.
Now, I did see someone coming down the boardwalk with a stack of pies from Preps, so I wandered over there for a really nice NY slice. That crust was good to the last bite.
That one was just out of the oven, as opposed to the sad old slices sitting out.

I知 here all winter, so I have much more research to do.
Perry

Perry,

Good you got a first slice of Manco & Mancos.  Can understand where you are coming from when you posted you lost interest in the crust.  Fell the same way.  Good to hear about Preps and how good the crust was to the last bite.  We would have liked to go to Ocean City for a day, but since we had our dog along, didn't want to let him alone.

Yes, do research while you are there all winter.  :)

When at Mack's Pizza the first slices we had were good, even though the cheese didn't look the best. The sauce really shined. Saw the dough balls then were highly fermented.  Those slices were reheated.  When we went to Mack's for the virtual pizza party those pizza slices were the pits. Dough balls didn't look fermented at all. No taste in the cheese, or sauce and the crust wasn't good at all.  My daughter and I threw them on the sand for the sea gulls.   :-D

Norma

Offline pizzaboyfan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2527 on: September 21, 2020, 10:19:30 AM »
Ha.
I was trying to be polite, because I knew you were a fan  :)

Perry

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2528 on: September 21, 2020, 10:22:38 AM »
Ha.
I was trying to be polite, because I knew you were a fan  :)

Perry

Lol, you don't have to be polite.  I am a fan at times, but other times am not.   :-D

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2529 on: October 28, 2020, 10:21:03 PM »
Really not a boardwalk style pizza in NJ but Grotto's has a location in Rehoboth beach Delaware.  Didn't realize before Grotto's has about 22 locations in 2018.  Also didn't know they offered frozen pizza's.  My daughter went to Grotto's about 4 weeks ago and brought home 2 slices for me and a frozen pizza.

Their frozen pizza is the best frozen pizza I had so far.  Did add my own pepperoni.  On their pages it says their frozen pizza's are partially baked, frozen and shrink wrapped.  First two photos are the 2 slices my daughter brought home.

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2530 on: October 28, 2020, 10:24:19 PM »
Frozen pizza.

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2531 on: October 28, 2020, 10:30:08 PM »
Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2532 on: October 28, 2020, 10:31:17 PM »
Norma

Online foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2533 on: November 03, 2020, 11:54:17 PM »
Frozen pizza.

Norma
It looks pretty good but they should add 途emove plastic wrap from pizza to their directions. Having grown up in a family that produced many frozen pizzas for many years I can say in all certainty that not everybody gets it.
-Tony

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2534 on: November 04, 2020, 06:43:06 AM »
It looks pretty good but they should add 途emove plastic wrap from pizza to their directions. Having grown up in a family that produced many frozen pizzas for many years I can say in all certainty that not everybody gets it.

Tony,

Hard to believe that people wouldn't know to remove the plastic wrap from the pizza, but then people do a lot of crazy things.  I know your family produced many frozen pizza's over the years.  :) You would know best that not everyone gets it.

Norma

wordpress