A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: NJ Boardwalk Pizza  (Read 574391 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Always working and looking for new information!
Re: NJ Boardwalk Pizza
« Reply #2420 on: October 04, 2019, 10:05:25 PM »
Hey Norma,

None of the Mack's photo's you've posted look anything like the slice I had there last fall.  I guess they aren't the most consistent. :o

Thanks for posting the Mack's photo's.

I'm on my way to the east coast to fish as I type this.  It's a long drive from Denver!  I thought I'd be in NJ, but am going to start of in New Haven, Connecticut and hope to try a couple pies there.

Paul. 

You are right about consistency.  Guess that is because of the free handling the toppings and different pizza makers making pies. Of course consistency can be off for many reasons and my doughs at market can even make different looking crusts sometimes.

Yes, that sure is a long drive from Denver. Enjoy your fishing and trip to New Haven!  Hope you like the pizzas.

We saw loads of Monarchs flying down the beach in Wildwood today. We then went to Cape May Point later this afternoon. Saw more monarchs on their journey to Mexico.  Cape May Monarchs think the might have roost somewhere for the night. Will go again tomorrow to see what happens.  The monarchs then fly over the bay on their way to Mexico.

Norma
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 10:40:06 PM by norma427 »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2421 on: October 04, 2019, 10:14:33 PM »
Is that your "boardwalk blouse" Norma?  :D

You looked very stylish there today! 😎

No Bob, Not my boardwalk blouse but thanks!

Just noticed tonight when going on boardwalk that Sam's Pizza had their dumpster lids off and they are right before you go on ramp up to boardwalk.  Sam's Pizza looked very tasty tonight but didn't get any.

Norma

Offline parallei

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2422 on: October 05, 2019, 09:01:29 PM »

You are right about consistency.

If I remember correctly, Sam's slice was the one I enjoyed the most last fall.

We saw loads of Monarchs flying down the beach in Wildwood today. We then went to Cape May Point later this afternoon. Saw many more monarchs on their journey to Mexico.  Cale May Mona3 think the might have rooster somewhere for the night. Will go again tomorrow to see what happens.

That must have been lovely!  I remember the Monarch migration from when I was a child in California.  I don't think I've seen a Monarch since I left California when I was 18 yrs old, and that was a long time ago. :(  I know they are struggling, I hope they survive. >:(

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2423 on: October 05, 2019, 10:50:10 PM »
If I remember correctly, Sam's slice was the one I enjoyed the most last fall.

That must have been lovely!  I remember the Monarch migration from when I was a child in California.  I don't think I've seen a Monarch since I left California when I was 18 yrs old, and that was a long time ago. :(  I know they are struggling, I hope they survive. >:(

Paul,

You probably did enjoy Sam's pizza.  :) Sam's pizza looked more like my pizzas last night and this morning.  Would have gotten a slice, but was getting caramel popcorn, fudge and going to the TROG (Gentleman's Race Festival in Wildwood)  They had lots of live music and loads of street vendors.  Had a great sausage sandwich and rib eye steak on a stick, plus boozy cake. 

Glad you did get to see some of the Monarch migration when you were a child in California. Do try to save some Monarch's at my place.   

Don't have any photos or videos of the TROG (Race of the Gentlemen) this year, but a video on the beach of Wildwood from last year.

Wildwood is "wild" this weekend with loads of motorcycles and old vintage cars. 

There are many events different weekends in Wildwood.

Mack's Pizza had a big line outside today.

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2424 on: October 05, 2019, 10:55:06 PM »
Talked to Pete yesterday about when they started using the pump for sauce at Mack's Pizza.  He said they used it almost from the beginning and the sauce is in the basement and then pumped up.  Said the place that used to make that pump doesn't make them anymore, but Mack's has purchased some spare parts.  Pete told me when Adam Kuban was at my stand he then understood what I use to do the spiral of sauce.

Norma

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #2425 on: October 05, 2019, 11:15:27 PM »
Bet Mack's has one hell of a sweet lease deal.
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2426 on: October 05, 2019, 11:35:03 PM »
Bet Mack's has one hell of a sweet lease deal.

Chicago Bob,

Mack's might own their two locations, but am not sure. 

http://www.funchase.com/Images/Macks/MacksPizzaPg4.htm

Just for the heck of it we looked at some real estate for sale on the boardwalk in Wildwood online while we were there.  Just one we looked at online.  https://www.point2homes.com/US/Commercial-For-Sale/NJ/Wildwood/2424-Boardwalk/79552959.html

Norma

Offline quietdesperation

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2427 on: November 11, 2019, 02:06:21 PM »
$75k annual rent + $30k/year over five years for the business, so $105k annually. It seems like a lotta pizza for what must be a 4-5 month seasonal business...
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" - the hobbit, jrr tolkien

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2428 on: November 11, 2019, 08:37:32 PM »
Mack's does own their property's.

http://www.funchase.com/Images/Macks/MacksPizzaPg4.htm

There are many people that go on the boardwalk and beach from April to the end of October for special events.

https://wildwoodsnj.com/so-much-to-do/festivals-and-events/

There are loads of events calendar's that show lots of things going on in Wildwood.

Norma