Author Topic: The Pizza Book  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Oldwood

The Pizza Book
« on: June 29, 2016, 04:28:13 PM »
Here is a new pizza book that was a successful kickstarter project for Aaron Quint and Michael Bernstein https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/980466739/the-pizza-book

Can't tell a book by it's cover but this is a tasty looking book cover.....

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: The Pizza Book
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 05:10:05 PM »
Is there any reason to believe the authors know anything about pizza? I'd send the pizza in that picture back if it was served to me in a restaurant.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Oldwood

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 08:43:23 PM »
Craig, My two sisters use to give me their burn toast growing up so now  I never mind a little char on things like pizza or really charred Texas BBQ....just the way I was brought up to be thankful  for what we where given to eat..

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 08:52:55 PM »
I like a well-done pizza as much as anyone, but that pizza is burnt.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline ponzu

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 09:05:52 PM »
Yeah. That is not charred. That's burnt.

Online invertedisdead

• Rest In Pizza
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 01:20:27 AM »
"Around 10 years ago, Mike received something special from an old friend - a pizza dough recipe. He worked on it for a while, and eventually passed it along to Aaron.
This pizza recipe was so awesome that Mike started to write a cookbook around it"

Good old emotional appeal marketing of a magic dough recipe.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 01:27:59 AM by invertedisdead »
Ryan

Offline bakerbill

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 09:47:31 PM »
I haven't seen the book ($39 +$6 postage), but if I took pizza out of the brick oven with that burnt edge, I would usually apologize to my guests.  And I have.

Bakerbill

Offline thepizzabook

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 09:24:18 AM »
Hi Everyone!

Michael Bernstein, one of the authors of The Pizza Book here. While it's true that my co-author Aaron and I are amateurs and you "shouldn't have any reason to believe that we know anything about pizza," we actually do! We're students of home baking for years and years and have tested and re-tested this recipe dozens and dozens of times.

You don't need to take my word for it, though! If you sign up here: http://make.pizza/, you can download a free 24 Page excerpt from the book which includes the full dough recipe, so you can judge it for yourself.

Happy to answer any other questions y'all might have. If anyone checks out the recipe and wants to buy the book, I'd be happy to send you a discount code.

Thanks!

Mike

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 11:28:01 PM »
We're students of home baking for years and years and have tested and re-tested this recipe dozens and dozens of times.

Mike

Too funny!

Mike, with all due respect but what do you think we all have been doing on here for years and years and years and years? Each and everyone of us could write another pizza book.

Congrats to your achievement, though.
Mike

Offline Neopolitan

• Pizza, Pasta Birra e Basta!
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 02:42:08 PM »
So let me re-fraise ,

Hi Guy's welcome to Pizzamaking.com!

Nice that you offer 24 pages for free (If you leave a e-mail adres)

Do you know about this site and community for a long time?

Is your book oriented towards home-cooks who wan't tot explore the world of pizza?
What do you think about this site?

Greetings from Amsterdam,

Case

Offline petef

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2016, 04:42:13 AM »
Happy to answer any other questions y'all might have. If anyone checks out the recipe and wants to buy the book, I'd be happy to send you a discount code.

Thanks!

Mike

Welcome Mike!  Good books on making pizza are a good thing. Although the same info and probably more is available here at pizzamaking . com, it can be very time consuming and confusing to sort though all the threads to find the needed info, so anyone who can condense it  and organize into a simple book has my attention.

For starters, can you please explain why you chose that particular pic on the cover of your book? (See pic at top of this thread).  It seems to me that it's not the typical Neapolitan spotting  or leoparding that we strive for, so an explanation would serve well to get past it and onto the actual content of your book. Thanks. :)

Edit: I DL'd your 24 page free info and i see you have a different pic on the cover of your book when i clicked the BUY NOW link. however the pizza in your 24 page free info still looks burnt to me.

To show you an example of what I think is good pizza, below is the pizza i make at home.

-pete

« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 05:06:35 AM by petef »

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Vendor
    • MightyPizzaOven.com
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2016, 07:25:17 AM »
Adam Kuban contributed his 1UP topping combo to thepizzabook, which puts mushrooms above and below the cheese.
Bert

Mighty Pizza Stone - Pre-Order Now on Indegogo InDemand
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mighty-pizza-stone-perfect-pizza-on-your-grill/x/14692477#/

Baking perfect pizza & bread on your grill is fast, fun, simple with the Mighty Pizza Stone

Offline jsaras

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2016, 10:57:18 AM »
Flour - 100% (50/50 mix of AP and Bread Flour).
ADY - 1.16% (that's a LOT)
Salt - 2%
Honey - 1.33%
Oil - 1.16%

Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline bakerbill

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2016, 09:36:24 PM »
I bought the book. It is well illustrated in an attractive design.  Lots of exotic toppings though it contains nothing particularly new. It would be a good book for someone who is just beginning to make pizza. Information is basically sound.

From bakerbill

Offline Alwayspizza

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2016, 02:24:29 PM »
Welcome Mike!  Good books on making pizza are a good thing. Although the same info and probably more is available here at pizzamaking . com, it can be very time consuming and confusing to sort though all the threads to find the needed info, so anyone who can condense it  and organize into a simple book has my attention.

For starters, can you please explain why you chose that particular pic on the cover of your book? (See pic at top of this thread).  It seems to me that it's not the typical Neapolitan spotting  or leoparding that we strive for, so an explanation would serve well to get past it and onto the actual content of your book. Thanks. :)

Edit: I DL'd your 24 page free info and i see you have a different pic on the cover of your book when i clicked the BUY NOW link. however the pizza in your 24 page free info still looks burnt to me.

To show you an example of what I think is good pizza, below is the pizza i make at home.

-pete
Great looking pie, along with that 'special' crust, a bit different but appealing!

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2016, 03:43:21 PM »
Is there any reason to believe the authors know anything about pizza? I'd send the pizza in that picture back if it was served to me in a restaurant.

just picked up the book like ovens i am a pizza book collector as well. Craig,they must read the forum as the picture has been corrected. have read the book they have lots of pizza knowledge as far as well know pizzerias. have not tried any recipes yet