A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: P134H vs GGF Micro  (Read 70163 times)

Offline uk1

Re: P134H vs GGF Micro
« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2014, 03:42:39 AM »
Hi Jeff,

als soon as my ordered high temp. thermocouple probes arrive I will be able to give you a more precise answer. For now I guess it is roughly around one hour for my 3cm raised stone to reach 420C. (This is my current launch temp. for the stone. Got my eyes on the palepizza stone for higher bottom temp. )

Wannabe

Edit for clarity: the stone is raised and the thickness is 3cm.

Thanks, appreciated.

Jeff

Offline philco

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2014, 05:53:27 AM »
Being able to produce something like this in my own kitchen will make me happy for a long time! how could i live without this beast?! even though the alfredo delivered good results this is another league!
the tomatoes not being cooked, the nike char and the soft texture of the dough :drool:

no modding included, 500c top element, 425c bottom element, terra-cotta stone. spot on!

Offline uk1

« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2014, 08:20:59 AM »
Philco,   ...great pictures.

Still taking around an hour to warm up?

Cheeky question, understand if it's "no" but would you be prepared to let someone in the uk adopt your spare stone?

Jeff

Offline philco

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #103 on: December 17, 2014, 02:47:42 PM »
Thanks Jeff! Shots are taken from one Hour preheating. Unfortunately another member of the Forum bought my last Stone. I am very sorry about that!

Offline Wannabe Accie

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #104 on: December 17, 2014, 03:07:07 PM »

Being able to produce something like this in my own kitchen will make me happy for a long time! how could i live without this beast?! even though the alfredo delivered good results this is another league!
the tomatoes not being cooked, the nike char and the soft texture of the dough :drool:

no modding included, 500c top element, 425c bottom element, terra-cotta stone. spot on!

Great looking pie. What was your protocol?

Offline philco

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #105 on: December 17, 2014, 03:36:59 PM »
Did 63hydration, 2,3salt, 0,16idy with caputo00. 15min autolyse and 48hour fermentation. 24bulk and 24individual. Some of the Balls were Frozen, however i do not think it affected the quality at all. Cheers!

Offline chess11

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2014, 09:39:20 AM »
Wow.. Phil, it does look very, very delicious - I believe a really good job for a non-modded eqipment!  :D

How long did it stay in the oven?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 09:42:27 AM by chess11 »

Offline philco

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2014, 06:37:29 AM »
Hey there, i did not measure but approx 90-120 secs. I opened the oven quite often though as they were my first 2 pies. Think 60-90 will be the go-to.

Offline chess11

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #108 on: December 22, 2014, 11:27:47 AM »
Cheers everybody, yesterday I stole some time and upgraded my Fimar MicroV 22C (GGF Micro) - replaced the factory 1100W top heating element with a Fagor 74X2310 (2100W).

I am glad to help with some instructions and photos, in case someone is interested.

First, I cut off all the unnecessary details of the new heating element - see photos, the red dots represent the cutting lines.

Unplugged the oven, removed the cover, unwired everything, making a scheme and photos of the installation. Unwrapped some stone wool insulation to get to the upper heater holes, unscrewed the nuts (wrench No.19), removed the original element.

Then slipped in the new Fagor 74X2310 element (you have to stretch it a bit to match the holes), put the wool insulation back on and re-wired everything. Didn't use any cable glands, the new heater fitted firmly without nuts. Finally I wrapped up the whole appliance with an additional layer of ceramic wool insulation (see my previous posts) - 12 mm thickness, 1.5 meters will do.

Put the cover back on, plugged in and... voila! Now the upper heater is much, much more powerful - you can easily see that on the last photo.

The whole operation took about an hour and a half.

Not tested yet on a pizza, had no time... is a real End-Of-December mess, as everywhere.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all! :D

« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 12:40:38 PM by chess11 »

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2014, 01:43:52 PM »
Cheers everybody, yesterday I stole some time and upgraded my Fimar MicroV 22C (GGF Micro) - replaced the factory 1100W top heating element with a Fagor 74X2310 (2100W).

I am glad to help with some instructions and photos, in case someone is interested.

First, I cut off all the unnecessary details of the new heating element - see photos, the red dots represent the cutting lines.

Unplugged the oven, removed the cover, unwired everything, making a scheme and photos of the installation. Unwrapped some stone wool insulation to get to the upper heater holes, unscrewed the nuts (wrench No.19), removed the original element.

Then slipped in the new Fagor 74X2310 element (you have to stretch it a bit to match the holes), put the wool insulation back on and re-wired everything. Didn't use any cable glands, the new heater fitted firmly without nuts. Finally I wrapped up the whole appliance with an additional layer of ceramic wool insulation (see my previous posts) - 12 mm thickness, 1.5 meters will do.

Put the cover back on, plugged in and... voila! Now the upper heater is much, much more powerful - you can easily see that on the last photo.

The whole operation took about an hour and a half.

Not tested yet on a pizza, had no time... is a real End-Of-December mess, as everywhere.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all! :D
Nice modding work chess!  :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline BoxerdogUK

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #110 on: December 22, 2014, 05:51:41 PM »
It has arrived!  I appear to have been upgraded to the glass door version. It's nice.

Nothing in the manual says anything I can see about drying, but Dan I am pleased you mentioned this.  Currently I have it on at 150 degrees and the steam coming out ..... :)

Hi, I love the glass door version, may I ask if you ordered it in the UK?  I can only find the solid door available at Caterkwik.  I ordered one but they rang and said they had no stock  :(

Offline uk1

« Reply #111 on: December 22, 2014, 07:04:18 PM »
Hi, I love the glass door version, may I ask if you ordered it in the UK?  I can only find the solid door available at Caterkwik.  I ordered one but they rang and said they had no stock  :(

i ordered it from Caterkwik and a glass door arrived. Beware of their customer care.  It is awful.  Mine took weeks.  They just gave me an extra 30 for the trouble.  Worth the wait though.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 07:05:56 PM by uk1 »

Offline BoxerdogUK

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #112 on: December 23, 2014, 04:01:15 AM »
Thanks for that.  I ordered mine but there was no mention of it being out of stock.  They rang and offered me an alternative but its not as good. Its worth the wait if I was lucky enough to get the one like yours.  Otherwise its going to be the Ferrari for me.

Offline uk1

« Reply #113 on: December 23, 2014, 05:11:32 AM »
I called them before ordering and they promised a week or so which didn't happen.  I waited over four weeks but at least it was factory fresh. 

I have no point of comparison other than I like the look of the Micro and it cooks pizza I like. I don't like the look of the 134 and I had some contact challenges with them when I tried to contact - so gave up - although it is my impression people prefer the 134 because of a higher temperature.  I also preferred ordering from a UK company for the extra protection re credit card it gives.  To be honest ... the 134 doesn't look that elegant to me.   The micro is plenty hot enough - I use 425/300 and I plan no mods or anything.  I really love the little thing although caterkwik cs is not good.

Contact for you ....

Matthew Mayvers
Managing Director

01229 484928
[email protected]

Enjoy the new oven.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 05:52:50 AM by uk1 »

Offline philco

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #114 on: December 23, 2014, 05:52:47 AM »
Thats a really great mod there! Do you have pictures of the disassembling ?

Also, does anyone know how to best clean the terracotta tiles? Or just burn them off? Thanks

Offline chess11

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #115 on: December 23, 2014, 06:41:10 AM »
Thats a really great mod there! Do you have pictures of the disassembling ?

Also, does anyone know how to best clean the terracotta tiles? Or just burn them off? Thanks

Thanks Phil.

Unfortunately, I didn't take photos of disassembling procedures, but they are easy and intuitive - when you remove the wiring and a small part of the wool, you can see the upper element nuts. Be careful not to break the white cardboard, it is better to remove it.

But I noticed a strange thing though - each element, when on individually, operates at its rated power - 1100W lower and 2100W upper, that's OK.

Surprisingly, when I turn on BOTH elements, the total power is NOT 3200W (2100W +1100W) - as it should be, but it is around 2600W. So, apparently there is a loss of around 600W. I checked the connections three times, all is correct - quite simple scheme, a normail parallel connection of 2 heating elements, so they should operate at 100% each time, but still there is a loss of total power when both heaters are on.

I measured the wattage with an electronic plug-in outlet meter.

Any idea? Maybe a consult with an electrician is needed?

Very odd...  ::)

Offline philco

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #116 on: December 23, 2014, 07:04:28 AM »
Then, is it Even necessary to change the upper element or do you think the wattage is lost on the bottom element or how?

Offline uk1

« Reply #117 on: December 23, 2014, 08:31:24 AM »
Crust.   :)

Offline chess11

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #118 on: December 23, 2014, 09:12:54 AM »
Then, is it Even necessary to change the upper element or do you think the wattage is lost on the bottom element or how?
Still don't know... even now the total power is greater than the factory 2200W... will keep on testing.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #119 on: December 23, 2014, 01:24:42 PM »
Thanks Phil.

Unfortunately, I didn't take photos of disassembling procedures, but they are easy and intuitive - when you remove the wiring and a small part of the wool, you can see the upper element nuts. Be careful not to break the white cardboard, it is better to remove it.

But I noticed a strange thing though - each element, when on individually, operates at its rated power - 1100W lower and 2100W upper, that's OK.

Surprisingly, when I turn on BOTH elements, the total power is NOT 3200W (2100W +1100W) - as it should be, but it is around 2600W. So, apparently there is a loss of around 600W. I checked the connections three times, all is correct - quite simple scheme, a normail parallel connection of 2 heating elements, so they should operate at 100% each time, but still there is a loss of total power when both heaters are on.

I measured the wattage with an electronic plug-in outlet meter.

Any idea? Maybe a consult with an electrician is needed?

Very odd...  ::)
I would try testing the burners separately.
Maybe the mfg. rating for your new burner is off.
Test your meter with a table lamp.
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

wordpress