A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Anova Sous Vide Immersion Circulator  (Read 69792 times)

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Re: Anova Sous Vide Immersion Circulator
« Reply #800 on: March 23, 2020, 05:32:23 PM »
Many have and had pretty good results. I did, very good, only rinsed, sous vided overnite then smoked 👍
why did you smoke it Jon... To turn it into pastrami?
Thanks.
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline bregent

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #801 on: March 23, 2020, 08:31:05 PM »
I have the second gen Anova. It works great. I once overfilled the pot and the unit took in water and crashed. I though it was a goner, but I let it dry out for a few days and it has worked well since. Mine is Bluetooth, but I notice the newer ones are WIFI except for the lowest end model. I never used the connectivity features, seems pointless.

You may not need the Wifi feature, but it's not pointless. I use it all the time with the ice bath monitor to remotely start something cooking from work so it's done when I get home. 
Bob

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #802 on: March 23, 2020, 08:33:14 PM »
why did you smoke it Jon... To turn it into pastrami?
Thanks.

Pseudo pastrami and to get it crusted nice!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline Pizza_Not_War

« Reply #803 on: March 24, 2020, 12:22:07 AM »
You may not need the Wifi feature, but it's not pointless. I use it all the time with the ice bath monitor to remotely start something cooking from work so it's done when I get home.
Never considered that option. Should have said pointless for me.

Offline FeCheF

« Reply #804 on: March 26, 2020, 12:17:19 PM »
Never considered that option. Should have said pointless for me.

Whats next, put your SV in the freezer so after its done, you can quick chill it if you aren't home?

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #805 on: March 26, 2020, 01:34:47 PM »
My new Anova Cooker Pro is scheduled to be delivered later today. Picked out a nice corned beef at Wellmart for it's 1st overnite cook!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline quietdesperation

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #806 on: March 26, 2020, 04:50:22 PM »
looking forward to the photos!
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" - the hobbit, jrr tolkien

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #807 on: March 26, 2020, 08:43:48 PM »
My new Anova Cooker Pro is scheduled to be delivered later today. Picked out a nice corned beef at Wellmart for it's 1st overnite cook!
.  Good... Looking forward to this!   :chef:

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #808 on: March 26, 2020, 11:27:25 PM »
And it's up and going with a very nice corned beef flat! 4lb, 9.8oz to start. The pickling spice packet and a little extra ground after rinsing good. Shooting for 30ish hours at 135°. If it feels tough I'll stretch it out some. Will finish off on the Weber Sat or Sun!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 11:31:34 PM by Jackitup »
Jon

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #809 on: March 27, 2020, 12:44:24 AM »
good sized..... you were able to buy the flat without the point?

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #810 on: March 27, 2020, 01:04:08 AM »
good sized..... you were able to buy the flat without the point?

Yes! For the last couple weeks the had 2 coolers of them, today 6 scrawny point and 3 flats, the one got was the best! So far the Anova is working as expected! Now, the wait......
Jon

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #811 on: March 27, 2020, 12:23:35 PM »
Yes! For the last couple weeks the had 2 coolers of them, today 6 scrawny point and 3 flats, the one got was the best! So far the Anova is working as expected! Now, the wait......
I hope you are doing a before-and-after weigh in. or maybe at least measure how much liquid comes out of the bag?
thanks Jon

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #812 on: March 27, 2020, 12:32:16 PM »
Yes I am! After it comes out of the bag and after grilling!
Jon

Offline quietdesperation

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #813 on: March 29, 2020, 12:18:34 AM »
jon, i can imagine smoking the corned beef post sous vide but not grilling. looking forward to seeing what that looks like.
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" - the hobbit, jrr tolkien

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #814 on: March 29, 2020, 11:23:35 PM »
Well Bob, remembered to measure the liquid, 1.5 cups, then forgot to weigh anything after that!?
Corned beef done 42 hours vacuum packed in the Anova sous vide at 135°, chilled in it's juices overnite and finished indirect on the Weber for 2 hours with a few chunks of apple wood. Made Reuben sammiches, mine on english muffin bread from the bakery and Warden Rosie's on wheat! Cheese was that funky Le Gruyere from Costco! Some horsey sauce and honey mustard on the side!!! 😋
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 11:25:33 PM by Jackitup »
Jon

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #815 on: March 29, 2020, 11:41:35 PM »
Well Bob, remembered to measure the liquid, 1.5 cups, then forgot to weigh anything after that!?
Corned beef done 42 hours vacuum packed in the Anova sous vide at 135°, chilled in it's juices overnite and finished indirect on the Weber for 2 hours with a few chunks of apple wood. Made Reuben sammiches, mine on english muffin bread from the bakery and Warden Rosie's on wheat! Cheese was that funky Le Gruyere from Costco! Some horsey sauce and honey mustard on the side!!! 😋

Thank you.  The final pic has awesomeness bread grilling. That is some lean, mean meat bro.... Good job man!!

Tell the warden I appreciate her hanging in there with the great food you prepare.  💞🍸🌴
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 11:44:09 PM by Chicago Bob »

wordpress