A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: New Haven pies ?  (Read 203 times)

Offline PelletPizzaJoe

• I Love Pizza!
New Haven pies ?
« on: June 26, 2017, 11:17:58 AM »
I just stumbled upon a video talking about New Haven pizza... or apizz as they apparently call it.   Seeking out a little more info , I turned ot Pizza Making Forum... 

What?   to my surprise , it seems there is virtually nothing at all about this New Haven style of pizza... why?   

Does anyone around here know much about it?

Online jkb

• Supporting Member
Re: New Haven pies ?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 11:34:11 AM »
I just stumbled upon a video talking about New Haven pizza... or apizz as they apparently call it.   Seeking out a little more info , I turned ot Pizza Making Forum... 

What?   to my surprise , it seems there is virtually nothing at all about this New Haven style of pizza... why?   

I don't think any of us have a coal fired oven.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 12:14:23 PM »

PelletPizzaJoe,

I did an advanced forum search using the terms New Haven pizza and got over 800 hits. If you expand the keywords for search purposes, you should find some posts and threads that deal with that style. Another possibility is to use the forum's advanced search feature and do a topic search using New Haven pizza. That will narrow the search to 52 hits, which you can scan at your leisure.

Peter

Offline hammettjr

• Supporting Member
  • Matt
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 06:38:26 PM »
You can also search for the big names: Pepe, Sally, Modern.

I think it's a good question though. I suspect lack of awareness is part of it. Everyone has heard of "NY pizza", and I'm sure you can find someone selling something labelled "NY" in all 50 states, but New Haven pies are really limited to the area. They started expanding into the rest of Connecticut about 20 years ago, but with a changed product. My parents are still in CT and like a "New Haven Style" place in their town, but it uses a deck oven.

Matt

Offline vtsteve

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 12:32:10 AM »
In grams we trust.