Author Topic: are there electric ovens for US Market  (Read 869 times)

Offline Obsauced

• I Love Pizza!
are there electric ovens for US Market
« on: September 13, 2016, 06:24:49 AM »
like the P13H or the GGF Micro?
instagram.com/obsauced

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: are there electric ovens for US Market
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 09:15:55 AM »
I don't think so. 110V is a problem.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline ccgus

• Supporting Member
    • Maybe Pizza?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 03:14:10 PM »
If you can go 220/240, http://www.pizzaequipmentpros.com/cuppone-tiziano/ might work for you. Doesn't get as hot as the european ones though (840 is it's limit I believe).

Offline Soulboy

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 03:47:56 PM »
Pizzamaster has small deck ovens that do 500 degrees. Maybe these are available in the us?

They are expensive - at least 4 times more than a p134 last I checked.

http://www.pizzamaster.com
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 12:55:32 AM by Soulboy »
Effeuno p134h + raised biscotto + insulated door
Pizza Party 70x70 (stock)

Offline Obsauced

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 04:15:30 PM »
The Europeans have it good. What am I gonna do in the colder months?! Though I might be moving to a new place and might have a backyard. Now just getting my blackstone out of queens where I had it last lol. My wife will be happy I won't be making a mess in the kitchen anymore
instagram.com/obsauced

Offline invertedisdead

• Rest In Pizza
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 04:23:57 PM »
The Europeans have it good. What am I gonna do in the colder months?! Though I might be moving to a new place and might have a backyard. Now just getting my blackstone out of queens where I had it last lol. My wife will be happy I won't be making a mess in the kitchen anymore

The Roccbox looks pretty cool.
Ryan

Offline shuboyje

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 08:34:17 PM »
This goal has stumbled back to the top of my list and i'veactually started on a little 110v oven.  Goal is a balanced 60 second bake on a standard outlet.  I've got a pretty fancy controller in the works with an algorithm and idea that I think should work.  Like always I don't post too many details until things are working like I want them, hence why you don't see many of my projects lol.  I've got scrapped prototypes that in my opinion outperform most ovens on the market for almost every heat source.
-Jeff

Offline Obsauced

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 09:54:44 PM »
The Roccbox looks pretty cool.

the thing about the roccbox is that you have to use it outdoors and in my current situation it isn't possible.
instagram.com/obsauced

Offline hotsawce

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 12:15:38 AM »
Mikey,

At the consumer level? no. Commercially, yes. I live in a brooklyn apartment with no backyard. I can't cook high heat anything...no blackstone or other. There isn't an electric oven I've found that will work in my apartment.

That being said, my tastes have gravitated more towards a crispier, thinner, coal oven type pizza but a little more artisan. I can achieve that with a baking steel. (2.5 to 3 minute bakes...lucali esque.)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:17:33 AM by hotsawce »

Offline misterschu

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 10:22:37 AM »
user sub has posted a bunch about modified pizza ovens. The clamshell type ovens are easily modified and cook a perfectly adequate neapolitan pie at 120v.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 10:40:55 AM »
user sub has posted a bunch about modified pizza ovens. The clamshell type ovens are easily modified and cook a perfectly adequate neapolitan pie at 120v.

Doesn't he use (2) 110v circuits?
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  

Offline misterschu

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2016, 09:06:53 AM »
Doesn't he use (2) 110v circuits?

Not sure, when I modded mine to just a single top 1750W element I was getting sub two-minute bakes, without a number of modifications he recommends.

Offline mike__

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2016, 10:44:55 PM »

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2016, 08:06:07 AM »

Offline mike__

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2016, 10:46:43 AM »
$850 delivered   I ran the 220v circuit myself.  There are very few similar models available in the US. This is actually a PizzaGroup M35/8-M http://www.pizzagroup.com/EN/prodotto_dett/7/3/13.aspxmodel made in Italy,  imported to Canada by equipment distributor Omcan and rebadged with an Omcan label.  Very solid, well built, commercial grade oven.  It has a 19mm thick stone and a 3 1/2 inch high oven chamber  I am curious if a second bottom stone would be better.

Offline Icelandr

• Supporting Member
  • One day . . a really Good Pizza!
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2016, 11:33:53 AM »
Hi, just thought you may want to look back at previous comments about the Omcan oven, I too, was searching and found that oven and Sub was most helpful, he may advise about a second stone. A search on Omcan should find the thread in mind.

Offline mike__

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2016, 11:54:24 AM »
I saw the thread, considered Sub's response, and went ahead with it.  I saw you went with the Pizza Party but I really wanted something for indoors and this seemed like the best choice.  Its similar, if not better, than the Sage/Chinese imports many members speak of and who seem to get good results.

Offline Icelandr

• Supporting Member
  • One day . . a really Good Pizza!
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2016, 01:46:15 PM »
Looking forward to seeing some pies!
I chased the effeuno for quite a while, I thought my sneakiness trick was my attempt to buy biscotto Saputo and I asked them to ship it inside an effeuno . . .  They even tried to get effeuno to go along with it but they turned it down. On reflection, I'm glad I went with the pizza Party, perhaps not as convenient but it has been a lot of fun, wish I had had the choice of the gas oven but still having fun.

Cheers

Offline mike__

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2016, 02:15:47 PM »
Im pretty new at this game , having just started making my own last June with a counter top clam style cooker, I still have a ways to go to refine my process.  I had lots of black spotting on the bottom with this new oven when cooked at max temp, but it did not taste burnt.  I think I need to work on my dough,  I ordered some GM All Trumps for NY style and Im going to try that with Pizza Bibles process