Please see the pictures below of my first attempts to make dough. After you're done laughing, please see if you can help me determine why this happened?
Note: I live in China and do not have access to the best of ingredients, but I'm not sure if the problem is in the ingredients or my process. I am not using baker's percentages.
Ingredients: "High Gluten, 19% protein, bread dough" Olive Oil, Salt, Sugar, Water, Instant Dry Yeast
1) Put 1.5 teaspoons if Instant Dry Yeast into 1 cup of warm water
2) Mix the IDY for 20 seconds and let it sit for 10 minutes
3) In a separate bowl, mix 1 teaspoon of salt, and 2 teaspoons of sugar, into 2 cups of flour.
4) Pour the water and IDY into the dough mix. Mix for 1 minute
5) Put 2 tablespoons of olive oil into the dough. Knead for 1 minute.
6) Take dough out and cover for 5 minutes
7) Knead dough for 10 minutes.
Portion dough into balls, cover, and let sit for 6 hours.
In step 7, the dough is very sticky/slimy and sticks to my marble counter. If I put a lot of dough down on the counter it won't stick, but seems to be absorbing a lot of dough.
In step 8, I never get to see a solid dough ball like I do in the videos. It still seems slimy at that stage and sticks to my fingers.
The finished result is pictured below after it has sit for 6 hours. It's still sticking to my fingers and does not look edible. Any idea by looking at this mess below what I'm doing wrong?