A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: More flavour in dough  (Read 493576 times)

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
Re: More flavour in dough
« Reply #4060 on: September 19, 2021, 01:36:27 PM »
Glad he's on the road to recovery Norma!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”-----------Mark Twain

"If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve."---------The Root Beer Lady

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth."---------Muhammad Ali

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Always working and looking for new information!
« Reply #4061 on: September 20, 2021, 09:40:19 AM »
Glad he's on the road to recovery Norma!

Jon,

Thanks!  Jim still has a long way to go.  His breathing still isn't good and he is very weak.

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4062 on: April 27, 2022, 07:41:40 PM »
Decided to try a pan pizza this around 5pm, with the messed up dough ball, leftover from The Ware Center event at Reply 36
https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=65628.msg707704#msg707704

The dough ball was opened and tossed and twirled, by two men, and the younger boy.  After they were finished, decided to balled the dough skins, without adding any oil to the plastic containers.  Just went home and put them in my fridge.  Not sure which dough ball this was (could have been either of the men or the younger boy), but was surprised it lasted this long when I mixed the dough two Monday's ago.  No sugar was added to the dough formulation.  Crust taste was very good.

Dough was pressed out and left to rise on top of my stove. Baked in an Allied round steel Blackbuster pan, at 500 degrees F, on a pizza stone, in my home oven.

Wonder why this dough ball lasted so long, and still was good.  The dough ball was 16 days old, from the time it was made.  IDY was 30%, Hydration was 63% and flour was Kyrol.

Also used one of the dough balls at Reply 229  https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=69342.msg709117#msg709117

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4063 on: April 27, 2022, 07:45:39 PM »
Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4064 on: April 27, 2022, 07:49:13 PM »
Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4065 on: April 28, 2022, 09:10:27 AM »
Wanted to post, that when I was asked to be on "Pizza Wars" and decided to go, wanted to get some of the cheddar I used on my pizza stand, to add to a new mozzarella. Knew they always carried the cheddar at the local Country Store, right near where I live.  Was surprised they didn't carry the cheddar anymore.  Tried the brand of cheddar they said was about the same, but it wasn't anything like the cheddar I used before.  About a week later talked to the owner of the Country Store and she told me that Lipari stopped handling the cheddar I used at market.  Guess I would have been stomped on what chesse/cheeses, that I would need if I still had my pizza stand.

On that pan pizza yesterday, used cheddar that had been frozen for one and a half years.  It didn't taste the same, but still was good. 

Norma

Offline billg

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4066 on: April 28, 2022, 03:44:08 PM »

Norma, that looks delicious!!!!!  I wish I could eat that right now!!!!!!!

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4067 on: April 28, 2022, 06:19:34 PM »

Norma, that looks delicious!!!!!  I wish I could eat that right now!!!!!!!

Bill, Thanks!

Norma

Offline Ian J

• I Love Pizza!
    • Chocolatey Bear Designs
« Reply #4068 on: June 28, 2022, 04:57:22 PM »
Hi Norma,

I've really enjoyed your pizza journey over the years and I am very envious of your pies.

I understand you used a mild cheddar on your pizzas, can I ask how you listed it on your menu?

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4069 on: July 01, 2022, 09:01:37 AM »
Hi Norma,

I've really enjoyed your pizza journey over the years and I am very envious of your pies.

I understand you used a mild cheddar on your pizzas, can I ask how you listed it on your menu?

Ian,

Am glad to hear you enjoyed my pizza journey over the years.

Yes, I did use a mild cheddar on most of my pizza's, after I found the cheddar that acted like mozzarella in most ways, but in my opinion had a better taste.  I never listed on any menu what went into my pizza's.  I was a small pizza stand and only had prices for different pizza's.  If I felt like doing an experiment with other toppings or cheeses, I could do what I wanted.  Customers decided what they wanted.  Even won the Caputo Cup with the mild cheddar.   :-D

Norma