A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: More flavour in dough  (Read 383849 times)

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Re: More flavour in dough
« Reply #3740 on: August 21, 2019, 10:37:01 PM »
Bob,

Maybe you have to follow Adam's Instagram page.  Am not sure how that works.  Sorry

Norma

That's ok Norma, thanks anyway.

If Adam can't open large pizza doughs... I'm really not interested anyway.... Jus thought it might be fun to see you teaching him at the Market.  😎
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Always working and looking for new information!
« Reply #3741 on: August 21, 2019, 10:45:37 PM »

That's ok Norma, thanks anyway.

If Adam can't open large pizza doughs... I'm really not interested anyway.... Jus thought it might be fun to see you teaching him at the Market.  😎

Bob, 

Adam can open large pizza doughs.  He used the slap method.

Norma

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3742 on: August 28, 2019, 11:47:58 AM »
If anyone is interested, a new post from Adam Kuban on his visit last week with a video and photos.  Adam says more to come.  Was a pleasure to be able to have Adam come to the little pizza stand!  Adam mentioned I learned to make pizzas here on he forum.  ;D

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1tQasjAH93/

Norma

Offline PIZZALORD

« Reply #3743 on: August 29, 2019, 04:10:03 AM »
If anyone is interested, a new post from Adam Kuban on his visit last week with a video and photos.  Adam says more to come.  Was a pleasure to be able to have Adam come to the little pizza stand!  Adam mentioned I learned to make pizzas here on he forum.  ;D

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1tQasjAH93/

Norma

This is great Norma!

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3744 on: September 11, 2019, 08:29:47 AM »
Par-baked doughs.

Norma

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3745 on: September 11, 2019, 08:32:33 AM »
One par-baked pan pizza.
Norma

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3746 on: September 11, 2019, 08:36:04 AM »
And dough of par-bake

Norma

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3747 on: September 11, 2019, 08:37:15 AM »
One slice NY style.

Norma

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
    • 500px
« Reply #3748 on: September 11, 2019, 12:36:13 PM »
Norma, did you prefer the par baked over the normal bake?
Hans

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3749 on: September 11, 2019, 02:42:09 PM »
Norma, did you prefer the par baked over the normal bake?

Hans,

Not sure yet.  Did like how crisp the bottom crust was, the moistness in the crumb and the overall taste, but not sure if I liked how the edges aren't as crispy (on the the outside edges) when the final pizza was baked.   Taste testers said they liked the par-baked one over the regular baked ones.  Test doughs were frozen ones from last week.

Had a square Sicilian one I wanted to try, but got to busy to try it.  Till the end of the night was too tired and hot to try it.  :-D  Also wanted to try more of the round pan par-bakes, but just baked the round pan ones regularly.  Put the extra par-baked crusts in the freezer till next week.

Would like to offer par-baked crusts and pizza kits at some point in time if things work out. 

Norma

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3750 on: September 11, 2019, 04:32:37 PM »
Pizza kits is a great idea Norma!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3751 on: September 11, 2019, 08:27:29 PM »
Pizza kits is a great idea Norma!

Maybe Jon.  The thing is to get one to work in almost any oven, and for it to be used by inexperienced people that don't know how to make pizza.

Norma

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
    • 500px
« Reply #3752 on: September 11, 2019, 08:30:13 PM »
I agree with Jon, that may be a good seller at market. Knowing you Norma, you'll perfect it!
Hans

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3753 on: September 11, 2019, 09:30:31 PM »
I agree with Jon, that may be a good seller at market. Knowing you Norma, you'll perfect it!

Hans,

Thanks for saying you agree with Jon, and it would be a good seller at market!  Don't think I would be able to perfect it though.  :-[ Have been looking at pizza kits online and that one I got from Knead at Broad St. Market in Harrisburg.  Even the pizza kit from Little Caesars.

https://www.pizzakit.com/

I might be toast in not the too far future though. :-\  One main cheese supplier might be going out of business.  They won't tell me that but it is one problem after another most weeks and now they have all of the doors locked.  I have to go to a certain window and then knock to let them know I am there, and if no one answers call someone so they can call one of only 3 people that work there now.  That is the only supplier that cuts down 40 lb. blocks so I can manage lifting a little over 20 lbs.  This past Monday they fouled up my order and only could get one case of cheese.  Luckily I had ordered another kind of mozzarella from another supplier last week, and picked up a loaf of fresh mozzarella from Rest. Depot Saturday and had a little of the main cheese at market.

Norma

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
    • 500px
« Reply #3754 on: September 11, 2019, 10:37:39 PM »
Sorry to hear that you're having difficulty getting your cheese. I hope you can find a source for cheese that works for you. :(
Hans

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3755 on: September 12, 2019, 07:41:54 AM »
Sorry to hear that you're having difficulty getting your cheese. I hope you can find a source for cheese that works for you. :(

Hans,

Thanks!  No other distributors around my area offer smaller blocks of the main cheese.  Just will keep calling to see if they are going to close.  You can see my local distributor was brought out late last year, and things have been going down fast since then.

https://liparifoods.com/tag/pennsylvania/

Norma
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 07:44:24 AM by norma427 »

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3756 on: September 12, 2019, 07:54:57 AM »
More about Lipari and it was acquired by Miami-based private equity firm in January of this year.

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/food-drink/lipari-foods-acquired-miami-based-private-equity-firm 

At least the GM Full Strength unbleached flour is working well now.

Norma

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3757 on: September 13, 2019, 09:51:22 AM »
Well, my feelings were right about my main cheese distributor.  :( Had sent texts to two of the remaining people if I could get my cheese order this coming Monday.  Didn't receive any replies from the one person that usually replies.  Called the phone number and it wouldn't ring anymore.  Late yesterday afternoon the other person replied and asked if I had ordered cheese for this coming Monday.  Said I wasn't sure because the person that gave it to me this past Monday, said he would sent two emails, with my order to the other two remaining people what I wanted.  I called a nearby store that I know that gets orders from Lipari and asked if they still are getting their orders.  I didn't talk to the person that owns that store, but the woman I talked to said they are still getting their orders from Lipari.  The one person then called me about 5pm.  He said that the Lipari where I pick-up the cheese is now only going to be a distribution center and no pick-up orders.  I talked to that person for awhile and mentioned about the store I talked to.  Now he is going to talk to the store to see if they would agree for me to have my order weekly, sent to them (but me still having a account and signing the check to Lipari), and then me going there to pick-up.  It sounds like mess, but if I can't pick-up there guess I might soon be going out of business at market.  It is hard for really little pizzerias to be able to continue under so many changes in distributors.  Only reason I can't go with 40 lb. blocks from another distributor is because I can't lift those 40 lb. blocks anymore.

The person I talked to yesterday said the other two remaining employees as of last Monday aren't there anymore and he is the only person there now.

Norma
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 09:53:18 AM by norma427 »

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3758 on: September 13, 2019, 02:39:48 PM »
Thats awful Norma!!! I hope you come up with some kind of fix!!!!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #3759 on: September 13, 2019, 03:42:35 PM »
You mean the other distributor won't cut the 40lb blocks into more manageable pieces for you?
Ask them Norma.....
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

wordpress