A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Prime Maximus 90x90cm  (Read 733 times)

Offline ronalddevries

Prime Maximus 90x90cm
« on: February 10, 2018, 03:09:44 AM »
I would like to hear from someone who has experience cooking Neapolitan pizza in a Prime Maximus 90x90cm pizza oven.  I currently own a Pizza Party Pizzone which is great for small parties but I am looking for something where I can have three or four 12" pizzas while having a fire on the side.  The Prime Maximus 90x90cm seems to be a good fit but I haven't been able to find reviews for this larger version of the Maximus.

Ron

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: Prime Maximus 90x90cm
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 09:10:42 AM »
I can remember a couple posting that they were thinking about the Maximum Prime, but I don't think anyone here has ever bought one and posted about it.

How many people do you need to feed? A couple weeks ago, I fed 30 kids doing two at a time out of Pizza Party Passione (gas version of the Pizzone). That's work. I have the Saputo deck.  I don't see you you could do three at at time, let alone four on a firebrick floor. Maybe if you are right at 90 seconds, but even though, I think you may end up with overly dark bottoms. You can't dome two pies at once - let alone three. Then I wonder if you bake three at a time, will there will be enough heat in the deck for another round without a significant wait? In which case, what do you gain over one or two at a time?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 09:12:22 AM by TXCraig1 »
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline ronalddevries

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 10:29:53 PM »
I can remember a couple posting that they were thinking about the Maximum Prime, but I don't think anyone here has ever bought one and posted about it.

How many people do you need to feed? A couple weeks ago, I fed 30 kids doing two at a time out of Pizza Party Passione (gas version of the Pizzone). That's work. I have the Saputo deck.  I don't see you you could do three at at time, let alone four on a firebrick floor. Maybe if you are right at 90 seconds, but even though, I think you may end up with overly dark bottoms. You can't dome two pies at once - let alone three. Then I wonder if you bake three at a time, will there will be enough heat in the deck for another round without a significant wait? In which case, what do you gain over one or two at a time?
H Craig,

Thanks for your response.  I need to make like 70 12" pizza per hour.  I would be working with a dedicated person working the oven.  As long as there is a "landing" in front if the oven you can "park" pizzas that are done on the bottom and need to be "domed".  I put this "landing" on my pizzone.

We would need a big fire to keep the floor at temp.  This may be an issue, especially if the hearth is not insulated sufficiently. 

Ron

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 10:48:36 PM »
These ovens aren't designed for that kind of volume. Maybe 2 ovens? I'd go gas.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Jlowden2978

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 05:52:37 PM »
Curious if anyone has heard any info since this post

Offline Brent-r

• Love the wood fired oven
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 11:06:59 AM »
You might consider one from the models by Forno Venetzia
https://www.fornovenetzia.com/
  They are extra ordinary value
The sell through Costco, Lowes, Wayfair, Home Depot etc.
They must have their commercial side act together with those retailers on board.
We just ordered this one ... waiting on delivery.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Forno-Venetzia-Bellagio-32-in-x-36-in-500-Wood-Burning-Oven-with-Cabinet-in-Copper-FVBEL500C/304344981
(we just sold the one shown to the left ... too small for us )
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 11:10:03 AM by Brent-r »
Brent

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 03:12:48 PM »
I would like to hear from someone who has experience cooking Neapolitan pizza in a Prime Maximus 90x90cm pizza oven.  I currently own a Pizza Party Pizzone which is great for small parties but I am looking for something where I can have three or four 12" pizzas while having a fire on the side.  The Prime Maximus 90x90cm seems to be a good fit but I haven't been able to find reviews for this larger version of the Maximus.

Ron

i have a friend that uses that oven for his pizza catering. i have given him some catering jobs and vending jobs. he doesn't seem to have any problem keeping up with  65 to 70 pizza vend nights. his instagram is farm to flame. lots of them,his is Amherst Ohio. the longer of the two pizza party ovens might be a better choice. you are limited to 2 at a time. the gas option and saputo are great features. and they stand bhind their oven.pretty sure FTF has cooked at least 4 at a time in the maximus.

Offline billg

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2019, 12:57:49 PM »
I just posted this in another thread 

"You may also want to re-consider the Fontana Forni ovens.  They now have the option to buy with Saputo stones for Neapolitan style Pies.  I have the Marinara with the stones that come with the oven but suggested the idea to them almost a year ago based on all the information here and sure enough that's exactly what they did.  As far a build quality is concerned, these things are great!!!!!  Just another option for you."

wordpress