A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: new user about to drop $$$ on an oven  (Read 164 times)

Offline kevinswint

• I Love Pizza!
new user about to drop $$$ on an oven
« on: March 02, 2020, 01:05:35 AM »
Hi, I found this forum while researching pizza ovens for my backyard. I'm currently leaning toward the Forno Classico Napoli 80 or 100. I'd love to hear any thoughts on those 2 sizes, that oven in particular, whether spending $$ on the gas option makes sense, and any other advice around this! Thanks

Kevin
Bay Area, CA

Offline Pizza_Not_War

Re: new user about to drop $$$ on an oven
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 01:18:36 AM »
I don't have an outdoor wood oven at this point. If I was to buy one I'd go with a gas option as I know long term the wood thing would wear me down and I'd want the convenience of gas. Same reason my last grill was converted to NGAS instead of propane because I didn't want to be exchanging tanks. {lazy?}

Size I think depends on how many pizzas you need to be doing. Big family, lots of friends, entertaining a lot? In my case I don't recall ever making more than 5 or 6 pizzas on a given day so a smaller oven works for me.

Nice looking oven you are choosing! Best of luck with it, look forward to your posting about it when it's done.

Offline Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
Re: new user about to drop $$$ on an oven
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 09:26:03 AM »
I looked at several ovens before I decided that i would regret not at least trying to build myself. If I didnt build, I would have gone with a Four Grand Mere 950B kit from Breadstone ovens. At the price point you are looking at, I think it would worth checking in with Antoine there. He is also a forum member. These ovens can be delivered in parts or ready to go.

https://www.breadstoneovens.com/products/oven-950-b

A D V E R T I S E M E N T