A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizza Party 70 x 70  (Read 115776 times)

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
  • The original Pizza Party oven most versatile!
    • Pizza Party ovens official shop
Re: Pizza Party 70 x 70
« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2014, 05:57:43 PM »
we are happy! :pizza: :chef: :pizza: :drool: :drool:
Congratulations for your pizza!

in the last years we have created new door with glass, very useful, look this Marco's video (italian customers)
Simone

Official shop online, save money by direct sales: Excellent offer home delivery to USA/CANADA and all taxes included

Pizza Party Facebook: Pizza Party lovers page

New Pizza Party lovers community: Ipizzaparty.it

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2014, 07:12:04 PM »
Kermit, nice video! Would love to see a bottom shot after the cook and a crumb shot after the slice. Your oven looks just like mine. I usually cook at a bit higher temp and have the door off and on during the cook, but you seem to have great success.
Do you mind sharing your dough recipe and methods.
Glad to see you posting in 2014. How is life in Denmark?

Mark
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 07:19:02 PM by mkevenson »
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline Kermit

« Reply #122 on: June 19, 2014, 03:20:13 AM »
Kermit, nice video! Would love to see a bottom shot after the cook and a crumb shot after the slice. Your oven looks just like mine. I usually cook at a bit higher temp and have the door off and on during the cook, but you seem to have great success.
Do you mind sharing your dough recipe and methods.
Glad to see you posting in 2014. How is life in Denmark?

Mark

Hi Mark

When we shot the video, I made the mistake of not adding wood to the fire, so that's why the oven wasn't that hot. Usually I cook them in about 60 seconds with a blazing fire. This was one of the latest I did
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/1661209_10152267632825502_2748442385776706551_n.jpg

Don't remember the exact recipe, but probably something like 60% hydration, ,5% Ischia starter with a 24 hour rise at about 25-28 celcious and 2% salt.

I try to keep the door shut, but when I'm making 4-5 pizzas in a row, I just leave it open. I don't think it loses that much heat if you remember to add wood all the time.

Life in Denmark is good right now. Will receive a new shipment of Caputo flour next week, so hopefully I'll be able to fire the Pizza Party up once again during the summer  :-D

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #123 on: June 19, 2014, 11:26:05 AM »
Kermit, thanks. Dang, I thought we were going to get another video. You are absolutely right, if wood is added during the cook the door can stay open without much heat loss. I only wish I could leave the door off more AND prevent the front of the oven from getting black. They gotta get a design modification to draw that blackness out the chimney instead of the front door.
Good to hear all is well in at home.

Mark

Offline brianw

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #124 on: June 23, 2014, 12:32:47 AM »
Mark, did you extend your stack due to the fence? From what I have read extending the chimney pipe might cause it to draw better. I really want to put this on my back porch this winter and am looking at having it smoke free. I looked at the videos of indoor use and ir does not seem to be a problem. I am thinking that they have a long run to get it piped out. I was planning on adding 3 or 4 ft to see if it helps.

Brian

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #125 on: June 23, 2014, 10:39:13 AM »
Mark, did you extend your stack due to the fence? From what I have read extending the chimney pipe might cause it to draw better. I really want to put this on my back porch this winter and am looking at having it smoke free. I looked at the videos of indoor use and ir does not seem to be a problem. I am thinking that they have a long run to get it piped out. I was planning on adding 3 or 4 ft to see if it helps.

Brian

Here is a link to a flow rate calculator someone at FB put together: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/attachments/28/13735d1250904623-chimney-flow-rate-calculator-chimney-flow-rate-calculator-082109.zip

You may not be able to determine the ideal flow rate for your oven (not a factor of the chimney), but you can use this to predict the relative change in chimney flow rate given a change in chimney height (assuming the opening in the oven itself isn't choking the flow - If you have seen an example of the oven in use without a black face, this probably isn't the case).
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #126 on: June 23, 2014, 01:04:19 PM »

Brian

Brian, I did not extend but I know that it can be done without harm to the cooking process. The PP has been installed in homes and the chimney vented thru the roof.

Mark

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #127 on: June 25, 2014, 01:58:02 AM »
would bringing the stack to the front of the oven by design hurt the overall cooking of the oven. I would think it would help plenty with the sooting on the face

jon
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #128 on: June 25, 2014, 01:55:11 PM »
would bringing the stack to the front of the oven by design hurt the overall cooking of the oven. I would think it would help plenty with the sooting on the face

jon

jon, I believe in one of the videos from the PP site or perhaps in the FAQ section, they address the chimney placement. I can't remember exactly why right now and I don't have time to search now but perhaps you can find the answer easily. I am sure that the folks from PP will chime in soon.
Have a good day!

Mark

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
« Reply #129 on: July 05, 2014, 05:44:20 AM »
Jon i don't undestend, can you repeat please
Simone

Official shop online, save money by direct sales: Excellent offer home delivery to USA/CANADA and all taxes included

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #130 on: July 05, 2014, 12:03:11 PM »
Like this  http://www.fornobravo.com/blog/pizza-oven-design-ventilation-options-both-good-and-bad.html   with the airflow coming across the oven and the stack in the front allowing the smoke to go out the chimney from the front and not coming out the opening and staining the face of the oven

jon
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 12:20:53 PM by Jackitup »
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline Ealiel

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #131 on: July 09, 2014, 06:49:51 AM »
Hi jon!
the chimney is in the back, especially because in this way you can simply mount it in a kitchen (as you can see in the picture below) without using other fittings. (much easier and cheaper :) )

Guido

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 06:51:58 AM by Ealiel »
I love pizza and bread! 
MY WFO = forno Pizza Party

Offline tinroofrusted

• Experimenting....
« Reply #132 on: July 09, 2014, 08:29:51 AM »
World's greatest wife

Offline Ealiel

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #133 on: July 09, 2014, 08:33:15 AM »
:) but it isn't my kitchen...unfortunately my wife hates cooking...:)
I love pizza and bread! 

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
Characteristic Pizza Party 70 x 70
« Reply #134 on: July 09, 2014, 06:25:01 PM »
Jon look this video
Simone

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
« Reply #135 on: July 12, 2014, 02:19:21 PM »
on holiday with Pizza Party oven.. Millimetro and your oven
Simone

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #136 on: July 12, 2014, 02:26:12 PM »
Hi jon!
the chimney is in the back, especially because in this way you can simply mount it in a kitchen (as you can see in the picture below) without using other fittings. (much easier and cheaper :) )

Guido

That doesn't look like it would meet code anyplace in the US.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #137 on: July 12, 2014, 02:55:42 PM »
That doesn't look like it would meet code anyplace in the US.

So many things wrong here. Hope it is at least high enough off the roof. The pipe itself does not look insulated/jacketed from wood/wallboard just to name a couple. Overhead exhaust hood?? :o

jon
Jon

Offline Ealiel

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #138 on: July 12, 2014, 03:38:46 PM »
No. I don't know what code you refer to ,but the chimney in the back is used in italy in some wfo that have mounting issue. In pparty the pipe is insulated from the wood wallboard by another layer of inox with a section where smoke goes away. But i think producer can answer to this question better than me. When i use the oven i have no problem with smoke that goes away trough the chimney without reach the door.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 05:12:44 PM by Ealiel »
I love pizza and bread! 

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
embedded pizza oven Pizza Party 70 x 70 in home
« Reply #139 on: July 18, 2014, 10:32:46 AM »
hi Jon
look detail on other photo
the wood corbels have a hole largest and don't have direct connection with the flue
on the flue this customers have mounted stainless steel valve for menage flow smoke
the flue is long up to the roof and the pizza oven is perfectly insulated
this customers after many years haven't problem for menage the fire
the internal structure and material used allow us to put the chimney back and the pizza oven have high efficiency
Simone

wordpress