A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizza Party 70 x 70  (Read 117233 times)

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
Re: Pizza Party 70 x 70
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2014, 02:45:01 PM »
This oven is exactly what I am looking for, thanks for the great information.

It is very similar to these

http://www.grillsnovens.com/products/wood-fired-pizza-ovens/mobile-wood-pizza-oven.html

Tom

Very interesting. And yes, it looks and reads like the Pizza Party., The price is actually a bit lower at $1200 incl shipping. Now we need a side by side comparison.

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
  • The original Pizza Party oven most versatile!
    • Pizza Party ovens official shop
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2014, 10:26:49 AM »
for Smokey Dough
hello, the pizza oven Maximus, is not the same that we produce.
Pizza Party 70x70 was born in 1998, we have customers who use it for 10-15 years, thanks to the quality of the materials that make up the wood fired oven 100% made in Tuscany - Italy.
the "oven Maximus" seeks to exploit our image to sell esthetically similar products, because Pizza Party is a high quality product very well known.
we are the manufacturers and inventors of the oven Pizza Party which is using Steve. our official web site http://www.forni-a-legna.com
Finally, very important the Pizza Party 70x70 is certified for food, to ensure the quality of the food you cook in the pizza oven, for you and your children

if you are interested we have a great deal in the course and can save money by buying the original Pizza Party oven

my dad Francesco work in progress
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 10:33:33 AM by pizza party »
Simone

Official shop online, save money by direct sales: Excellent offer home delivery to USA/CANADA and all taxes included

Pizza Party Facebook: Pizza Party lovers page

New Pizza Party lovers community: Ipizzaparty.it

Offline bradtri

« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2014, 10:32:57 AM »
One thing I noticed is that it has a slightly larger opening ... I think I saw it said 15.5" on their specs. 

Here is a thread from last year with some discussion on the Maximus:  http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=22949.msg292610#msg292610  Craig seemed to take issue with the rear chimney design and the ability of the oven to achieve Neopolitan bake times. 

Reading that thread caused me to think of some more questions on the 70x70

Do you need to keep a full fire going to get adequate top heat?  (since there isn't much thermal mass to speak of)

When cooking over an extended period and 20-30 pies, any thoughts as to the amount of wood used compared to a well-designed Pompeii style WFO of 36" or so? 

Any reason that the 70x70 couldn't cook continuously for several hours if a person was doing a larger event?

With the design of the airflow, it would seem that the best place to have your fire during cooking would be to the back of the oven.  But, one really needs it to the side in order to monitor the charring. 
A Taste of Naples Pizza
www.atasteofnaplespizza.com
https://www.facebook.com/ATasteofNaplesPizza/
"Let Us Bring A Taste of Naples To Your Next Party"

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
original wood fired Pizza Party 70 x 70
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2014, 11:09:26 AM »
Maximus is NOT the pizza oven Pizza Party, Maximus problems are not our,
Oven Pizza Party is recognized by the writing on the front.

Do you need to keep a full fire going to get adequate top heat?
Pizza Party 70x70: to have a good cooking, must make a constant fire, how to make pizza makers in a pizzeria.

When cooking over an extended period and 20-30 pies, any thoughts as to the amount of wood used compared to a well-designed Pompeii style WFO of 36" or so? 
Pizza Party 70x70: high efficiency enables reduced wood consumption, only 3kg/h (6.6lb/h), some of our customers use the wood-burning oven Pizza Party, for professional use
ex. UK customers

Any reason that the 70x70 couldn't cook continuously for several hours if a person was doing a larger event?
Pizza Party 70x70 has no problems, make for great events
ex. NL customers https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

With the design of the airflow, it would seem that the best place to have your fire during cooking would be to the back of the oven.  But, one really needs it to the side in order to monitor the charring.
with the oven Pizza Party 70x70 , it can make the fire where it wants, many customers do to the left,
ex. Johnny
Simone

Official shop online, save money by direct sales: Excellent offer home delivery to USA/CANADA and all taxes included

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2014, 11:29:51 AM »
Simone, (I assume you are the author) thanks for identifying your dad. I have been corresponding via Email for a week and he is a delight and most helpful.

Mark

Offline Steve

• Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2014, 12:29:43 PM »
One thing I noticed is that it has a slightly larger opening ... I think I saw it said 15.5" on their specs. 

Yes, it appears that the ovens are different. According to their website, the Maximus oven has a 15.6" x 9" opening, the Pizza Party's is 14" x 7.9". Also, the Maximus oven uses 4 terracotta tiles for its floor, the Pizza Party uses 6 fire bricks (refractory bricks) -- the bricks that make the floor of the Pizza Party are about 1.5" 1.25" thick. I've also noticed several other differences... the Pizza Party has two thermometer holes (for repositioning), the Maximus has only one. Pizza Party is available in more colors and has more accessories and options. I think it's pretty obvious that the Maximus is a knock-off of the Pizza Party.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 08:28:38 PM by Steve »

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2014, 10:51:53 PM »

Pizza Party 70x70 was born in 1998, we have customers who use it for 10-15 years.....
Finally, very important the Pizza Party 70x70 is certified for food, to ensure the quality of the food you cook in the pizza oven, for you and your children

Excuse my ignorance, but what does "certified for food" mean in relation to an oven?
Who does the certification, and what are the requirements for certification of an oven?
Having read many oven descriptions, I have not heard that one before?

Mark

Offline Adrian

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2014, 07:20:15 AM »
Excuse my ignorance, but what does "certified for food" mean in relation to an oven?
Who does the certification, and what are the requirements for certification of an oven?

Mark

As far as I know, it's an EU thing. It must be "(EG) Nr. 178/2002".

As you bake directly on the tiles in the oven, I want to be sure, that there are no harmful substances in them that might evaporate. I'm just a consumer, so I don't know which laboratories I can commission to do the tests.
But over here I often read something like "Suitable for food according to law XYZ" (sometimes with: "analysis by ZXY."); especially on plastic containers or bags.

Adrian

Offline Steve

• Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2014, 01:46:59 PM »

I know that when I was researching quarry tiles for my electric oven, I learned that some manufacturers used chemicals in the manufacturing process that might leech into your pizza. I contacted quite a few manufacturers until I found one (Daltile) that made an unglazed quarry tile using only natural red clay and no other chemical additives. I noticed that the Maximus oven uses tiles for its oven floors too, I only hope they did as much research as I did in selecting them. So I think it's good that the Pizza Party oven is actually certified for cooking food, and I like the idea that they use 1-1/4" thick fire bricks for the oven floor.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 01:51:29 PM by Steve »

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2014, 02:08:17 PM »
Thanks, Steve and Adrian. Now I understand and it all makes sense. My pizza cooked in the PP with be safe, well.... as long as I keep my ingredients uncontaminated and bug free!

Mark

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
pizza oven Pizza Party 70 x 70
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2014, 03:29:11 PM »
mkevenson
the pizza oven Pizza Party was born thanks to the collaboration of all Banchi's family
usually my mom Marisa and my dad Francesco reply to italian customers, and i (Simone) reply to not italian customers and write on the forum

look this italian newspaper article
http://www.forni-a-legna.com/wp-content/uploads/pizza_party_articolo_la_nazione.pdf

Simone

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2014, 05:47:51 PM »
Steve, I have re-read this thread and all the threads here on fire management and WFOs. It seems from your report that you did not have a fire management problem as many do with starting to use WFOs. I guess that makes sense, since you own this site ;D . Perhaps you have had experience with WFOs before, or at least many years of association with those that do.
I only hope my 1st and subsequent bakes turn out as good as yours.
I'll give it the old PMing try :-D .

Mark

Offline Steve

• Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2014, 06:31:38 PM »
Steve, I have re-read this thread and all the threads here on fire management and WFOs. It seems from your report that you did not have a fire management problem as many do with starting to use WFOs. I guess that makes sense, since you own this site ;D . Perhaps you have had experience with WFOs before, or at least many years of association with those that do.
I only hope my 1st and subsequent bakes turn out as good as yours.
I'll give it the old PMing try :-D .

I have a friend on the Eastern Shore of Virginia (8 hour drive from me) that has a big Forno Bravo oven, but I've only had the pleasure of using it twice... that's where I learned how to use a turning peel. But, for the most part, this is new and uncharted territory for me.

Offline Giggliato

« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2014, 07:20:31 AM »
Sounds and looks like a good oven. The makers videos show flames rolling across the top of the oven which I think is what you want. If only this oven weighed about 50 pounds less, then I would be able to transport it by bicycle but I still might try.

Offline stonecutter

« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2014, 07:41:41 AM »
Something unique about this oven is the exterior shape...I haven't ever seen an exterior that had a gothic vault shape...cool.  Looks like you are having a good time learning about it too!
When we build, let us think that we build forever.
John Ruskin

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
arabian bread in pizza oven Pizza Party 70 x 70
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2014, 07:53:45 PM »
yesterday Arabian bread in my mom's wood fired oven Pizza Party

10 minutes of pleasure
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 07:59:49 PM by pizza party »
Simone

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
Simone

Offline bradtri

« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2014, 12:16:31 PM »
I'd sure like to see some more info/results with regard to the ability of the Pizza Party to provide adequate top heat to produce Neapolitan Style.  Several of the finished pies that I've seen from the posted results and videos seem to have rather pale crusts and the toppings don't seem to have gotten a lot of top heat.  At times, the charring seems to come more from the side if the flame deflector is not being used.

I realize there are a bunch of other factors at play for any given pie, but I'd like to know how well the Pizza Party will do if attempting to produce pies similar to what many of the top-notch results are in the "Neapolitan Style" forum.  i.e. any of txcraig's pies in http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=14249.0

I'm not trying to be critical of Pizza Party at all, I'm just a prospective and interested buyer that wants to feel comfortable with the performance before laying down the cash!!
A Taste of Naples Pizza
www.atasteofnaplespizza.com
https://www.facebook.com/ATasteofNaplesPizza/
"Let Us Bring A Taste of Naples To Your Next Party"

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
neapolitan pizza in pizza oven
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2014, 04:10:47 PM »
Most of our customers use the pizza oven for Neapolitan pizza, some use oven with or without the flame divider,
is correct informed before you buy, Ask to Massimo Currņ, if you have Facebook, I'll give you the contact of the Charleston customer, I ask him if he sign in to this forum

look this posts and our facebook page of Massimo Currņ, Pizza Party italian customer and very expert pizza maker of neapolitan pizza STG
http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=31494.0
http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=31199.0

facebook page of Massimo Currņ
https://www.facebook.com/massimocurropizza?ref=profile

you have look the pizza photos and video of Johnny Manetta?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 04:17:07 PM by pizza party »
Simone

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2014, 12:36:49 PM »
This is great service! Delivery to my driveway sched for 2 PM today. And I am at work >:(

I envisioned my oven on a steamer crossing the Atlantic :o . Once it got to the states I figured a slow truck ride :'( . But no! it only took 5 days , all the way from Italy. WOW ;D

-   4/21/2014  -  Monday[/t]
8:14 am[/t]  At local FedEx facility   OAKLAND, CA
8:13 am[/t]  At local FedEx facility   OAKLAND, CA
[/t]  Package not due for delivery
8:12 am[/t]  At local FedEx facility   OAKLAND, CA
5:41 am[/t]  At destination sort facility   OAKLAND, CA
4:08 am[/t]  At local FedEx facility   OAKLAND, CA
3:50 am[/t]  Departed FedEx location   OAKLAND, CA
    -   4/20/2014  -  Sunday[/t]
11:25 pm[/t]  Arrived at FedEx location   OAKLAND, CA
    -   4/18/2014  -  Friday[/t]
5:18 pm[/t]  Departed FedEx location   MEMPHIS, TN