A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: portable pizza making kit  (Read 2614 times)

Offline Orchid75

• I Love Pizza!
portable pizza making kit
« on: July 09, 2006, 03:10:53 PM »
So, my hubby and a couple of his friends are barbeque judges, and we'll be traveling to contests often.  I've been appointed the official Friday night cook...  AKA the pizza maker!    ;D  (Fridays are the goof-off nights, no bbq)

So I need to make up a portable pizza making kit.  Of course I'll need a pizza stone and peel, maybe a deep dish pan...  a big bowl, a spoon *I don't use bread machines or a mixer or anything but my hands and a spoon to mix the dough*  a board to knead the dough on.  Of course, I'll need my ingredients, too.

I'll probably be relying on the kitchen in the camper, and who knows what kind of stove that will have??  What can I say, it will be an adventure. 

Thoughts?  Hints? 

ETA:  Doh -  of course measuring cups and spoons! 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 04:24:30 PM by Orchid75 »

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: portable pizza making kit
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 04:45:10 PM »
Orchid75,

I usually print out copies of recipes I plan to use, or bring my laptop and access them online if there is internet access.

You didn't mention a pizza cutter. I assume that there will be plenty of large sharp knives where you will be.

You might bring a digital camera if you have one, to show us what kind of pizza your camper oven can produce.

Peter

Offline Lydia

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 07:32:22 PM »
Orchid, I'm setting up to serve BBQ pizza to a large crowd.

The dilema I'm working on is an economical way to setup a serving table. I dont own that many pizza pans.

Right now, I am thinking of just using cardboard pizza/cake circles. They are inexpensive, and I can just scoop the pizza right onto a circle as if it was a pizza peel, set it on the serving table and cut directly on it. When all is said and done. The cardboard goes right into the trash. No massive clean-up duties!

I just wish it looked a bit nicer.

The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference.They say he acquired his size from eating too much pi.

Offline Jack

• Pizza; it's what's for dinner, breakfast........
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 11:16:03 AM »
I just wish it looked a bit nicer.

Tape heavy duty Aluminum foil over part of the table.  Take the pies out of the oven and into your few pizza pans.  Once they are cool enough and have been cut, slide them directly onto the foil covered table/serving surface.

jack

A D V E R T I S E M E N T