A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Garlic Chicken Pizza  (Read 3292 times)

Offline naschol

• I'm a llama!
Garlic Chicken Pizza
« on: July 16, 2006, 04:54:19 PM »
I know most pizzas on this site are the tomato version, but I am looking for a really good garlic chicken pizza recipe.  I love the one at Papa Murphy's with the white sauce.  Anybody have one?

Nancy

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Garlic Chicken Pizza
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 07:27:59 PM »
Nancy,

I am not familiar with the Papa Murphy's garlic chicken pizza, but you might find the following garlic/chicken/potato recipe of interest: http://www.recipesource.com/main-dishes/pizza/rosemary-chicken-potato1.html. It is the same recipe as appears in the California Pizza Kitchen pizza cookbook, and I have made it several times. I haven't made it in a while, and it does take a lot of prep work, but I liked the pizza very much. The last time I made it, I also added some partially-cooked bacon pieces, which I thought made the pizza even better. You can always omit the potatoes if you'd like, but I thought they were a nice addition. Fortunately, in my case I have just about all of the herbs called for in the recipe growing in my herb garden.

Peter

Offline gottabedapan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 08:19:23 PM »
Here's a garlic-glazed chicken recipe from James McNair's Pizza:

1/2 cup     sesame seeds
2    heads  garlic, broken into cloves, peeled, and coarsely chopped
2    tsp      crushed dried red chili pepper
1/2 cup     soy sauce
5    Tbs      honey
1 1/2 cup  rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup     veg. oil
5               boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 cups       Gruyère cheese, grated
1 cup         mozzarella, grated
1/4 cup      chopped green onion

Toast sesame seeds in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring or shaking pan, until golden, about 4 min. Empty ontio a plate to cool. Reserve.

Combine garlic, crushed red pepper, soy sauce, honey, and vinegar in a bowl. Reserve.

Heat 1/4 c. veg oil in a sautée pan or large skillet over medium-high heat and sautée chicken until opaque on all sides, about 3 min. Remove with slotted spoon and reserve. Pour garlic mixture into skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until the sauce is reduced to the consistency of syrup, about 15 min. Return chicken to pan and cook, stirring constantly, until the pieces are lightly glazed, about 2 min. Remove from heat and reserve.

Shape pizza dough and brush over with veg. oil. Top with Gruyère and mozz, followed by glazed chicken, leaving 1/2 inch border around edges. Sprinkle with green onion. Drizzle evenly with veg. oil. Bake in oven preheated to 500° until crust is golden-brown. Remove from oven to cutting tray and lightly brush crust with [more] veg. oil. [Does this guy have a side deal with veg. oil manufacturers?] Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, slice, and serve immediately.

-----

Personally, I think it's better if you use roasted garlic in the sauce instead of raw: it's mellower and not as pungent; but it ain't half bad with raw garlic either. I also think it's better if you brush the finished crust with sesame oil instead of plain veg. oil.

Offline naschol

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 02:31:39 PM »
Those both sound good, but the Papa Murphy's has a white sauce that is really garlicky.  Thank you for those recipes, though.  They both sound great and I'll probably give them a try.  I just need to find the cream sauce recipe for a party this weekend.  I am thinking about just doing an Alfredo sauce and adding tons of garlic.  Hopefully, that will be close.

Nancy

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 04:22:59 PM »
Nancy,

For a white, or alfredo type sauce, you might check out this thread: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,2383.msg20764.html#msg20764.

Peter

Offline gottabedapan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 05:05:13 PM »
Here's an easy, but very tasty, garlic cream sauce:

Ingredients:
2 heads of garlic, broken into cloves and peeled
1 cup dry white wine
1 cup chicken broth (canned is ok)
1 qt. heavy cream

Combine the garlic and white wine in a non reactive pot. Simmer until the wine has evaporated. (Be careful not to burn the garlic: watch the pot closely, especially toward the end. If you burn it, start over, as burned garlic will be very bitter.)

Add chicken broth when wine has evaporated . Simmer until the broth has evaporated and a caramelized glaze remains.

Add heavy cream and simmer for about 5 minutes. Use a hand blender or whisk to integrate garlic and cream.