A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: FGM 800 Raised Build  (Read 396 times)

Offline CT-Mike

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
FGM 800 Raised Build
« on: April 23, 2020, 10:23:39 AM »
So I have been reading here for a couple years trying to decide which way I wanted to go. I eventually narrowed down my choice to FGM and Le Panyol.

Went with the FGM because it fit within the budgetary constraints given by my wife.

The oven was delivered back in January, where it had to sit until things warm up in New England to allow pouring concrete. Dry-stacked the first row of 8x8x16 block and marked the 6" slab below to drill some holes for vertical rebar. Finished the dry-stack, added the vertical rebar, and had to wait a week for good weather to fill the blocks with concrete.

When I did that pour I left it about a 1" below flush with the top of the block to allow the slab pour to help lock the two structures together.

Made the forms out of melamine to get a smooth finish on the edges, added in more rebar, and did the pour last weekend. The PVC pipe is to make a hole in the slab to allow wires for lighting.

Removed the forms on Tuesday, now waiting for it to fully cure for the next step.

Here are the pictures I have to date:

Offline CT-Mike

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: FGM 800 Raised Build
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 10:24:26 AM »
A couple more photos

Offline CT-Mike

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 08:05:20 PM »
Made some more progress today:

Offline CT-Mike

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 06:39:14 PM »
3 layers of 1 ceramic wool added today. Going to build the enclosure next and fill with vermiculite prior to closing it in.

Offline CT-Mike

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2020, 03:55:36 PM »
Been busy the last 3 days, but it is basically weather proof now. Once the chimney pipe shows up that will get completed and I can make some pies.

Thinking about slate roofing as I feel it would coordinate well with the veneer stone.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2020, 08:27:17 PM »
Sweet!
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

wordpress