A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pupatella Pizza cam  (Read 169 times)

Offline R2-Bayou

Pupatella Pizza cam
« on: September 28, 2019, 07:50:48 AM »
I've been going to Pupatella for many years, but I usually sit on the back patio. Tonight we sat in their dining room expansion and I noticed they have a live overhead camera feed of the pizza prep area being broadcast on a TV above the bar. The view is the bench where they shape dough, add toppings, load onto the peel, and do the final stretch before launching into their oven.

What a great idea! The prep area is such theatre in Neapolitan pizzerias, and a focal point of entering customers. The ordering line stretches around this area, but it's not visible from other parts of the restaurant. And the overhead POV is great. Wanna study the nuances of a pro Neapolitan slap? Zone out to the pizza cam. It's mesmerizing. Like staring into a fire. Speaking of, the adjacent TV was off but it's a missed opportunity for an oven cam.

They're opening another brick and mortar location super close to where I live. (angels singing)
"If it works, it's obsolete" -- Marshall McLuhan
"First you get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure" -- Mark Twain
"Wretched excess is just barely enough" --Shirley O. Corriher

Offline nickyr

• Supporting Member
Re: Pupatella Pizza cam
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 08:38:49 AM »
Who needs sports when you can watch pizza!

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress