A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: First attempt on my new Blackstone Oven  (Read 2150 times)

Offline Rinoxxx

• I Love Pizza!
First attempt on my new Blackstone Oven
« on: December 16, 2015, 08:28:04 PM »
So finally after a long consideration about buying a Blackstone Oven, mostly because I was worried about a lot of the problems some people were having. Decided the good outweighed the bad and got one. So far I am glad I got it, luckily I do not have any issues so far besides the annoying stickers that are impossible to take off, not sure who was the genius at BS that decided to super glue the stickers on . I did call their customer service to ask a few questions, and talked to someone named Vanessa, I must say their customer service is excellent. She answered all my questions, and informed me of a new stone assembly that will have the thrust bearings built in that will be available in January, told me to contact her then to see about getting one, even sent me an email with the subject so I can just reply to her about it. Very friendly and helpful. So I got the oven stone to about 700 degrees, (according to IR thermometer ) made a standard dough, KABF, 62% hydration etc...,Nothing special just wanted to test the oven. Toppings were marinated eggplant and mushrooms in olive oil , oregano, seal salt and cracked pepper. Pie came out excellent !! I am really impressed.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 08:08:09 AM by Pete-zza »
Sam

Online jvp123

• Supporting Member
  • Trying to make my perfect pizza ...
Re: First attempt on my new Blackstone Oven
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 08:29:42 PM »
Nice pizza Sam.  :D
Jeff

Offline mbrulato

• I heart pizza
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 08:38:47 PM »
Congratulations on your BSO.  So glad to see you back, Sam!  Good looking pizza you made there  :chef:
Mary Ann

"Have courage and be kind" - Cinderella

Offline Rinoxxx

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 08:42:00 PM »
Nice pizza Sam.  :D

Thank you very much :)
Sam

Offline Rinoxxx

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 08:47:18 PM »
Congratulations on your BSO.  So glad to see you back, Sam!  Good looking pizza you made there  :chef:

Thank you very much Maryann !! Yeah been busy with life, was still making pizzas, just didn't post anything. Hope with my new BSO I will get time to post stuff :)
Sam

Offline barryvabeach

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 09:13:02 PM »
Sam,  that looks like a pretty impressive pizza for the first time.   I sat on the fence for only a few weeks before I took the plunge.  To me, the taste and texture is entirely different that cooking a pizza at 500 degrees in my home oven, so I am a big fan of the BS. 

Offline ponzu

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 10:04:19 PM »
The pie looks really tasty!  Auspicious start!

Offline Rinoxxx

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2015, 10:33:25 PM »
Sam,  that looks like a pretty impressive pizza for the first time.   I sat on the fence for only a few weeks before I took the plunge.  To me, the taste and texture is entirely different that cooking a pizza at 500 degrees in my home oven, so I am a big fan of the BS.

Thank you very much Barry, I totally agree with you, I been using baking steel and a 550 degree oven + broiler, but never came close to this result. Very happy so far with the BSO.
Sam

Offline Rinoxxx

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2015, 10:35:01 PM »
The pie looks really tasty!  Auspicious start!
Thank you very much :)
Sam

Offline bonesbr549

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2016, 11:29:35 AM »
Great pies!   Goofoff and a razor blade will do it.  Took a while but I got all that crap off.   Mine on full high will go to 900 + but I found my best pies at 725-775 with IR.  Been using mine a long time and while it's not a wFO it's as close as I can get for now :)

Offline Rinoxxx

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2016, 09:38:19 PM »
Great pies!   Goofoff and a razor blade will do it.  Took a while but I got all that crap off.   Mine on full high will go to 900 + but I found my best pies at 725-775 with IR.  Been using mine a long time and while it's not a wFO it's as close as I can get for now :)

Thank you !! I tried goofoff with a blade and even a heat gun, none of it took it off very well and I scratched the hood really bad. I called them about it and they asked me to email them a picture of the hood. Next day they sent me an email with a tracking number for a new hood. Great customer service.
Sam

Offline live4u

• Pizzaaaa Pizzaaaa Pizzaaaa
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2016, 01:44:45 PM »
Awesome looking pizza. You got a nice crust. I am still trying to figure out the sweet spot on how to get that crust :) Keep it going...