A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Sams Club Wood Fire Pizza Oven  (Read 41204 times)

Offline makebread

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Sams Club Wood Fire Pizza Oven
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2016, 02:44:11 PM »
If the chimney comes straight out of the top of the dome like it looks in the pictures, I wouldn't touch it with a 10' peel.

Thanks for this.  I saw it at our local Sam's club this weekend for $530 and was curious about it, but the chimney location was an obvious flag for me.  Was curious if anyone had one and how it worked.  I'd probably also stay away, am happy with my Uuni!

Offline JohnAndrew

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2016, 07:59:10 AM »
It's a gap because it's two pieces.  Floor and the dome.  They are actually screwed together if you really wanted to disassemble the entire oven

My wife just bought me one of these ovens yesterday, because they were on sale for $350 at our local Sams.
We'll be assembling it tonight.  Any tips or anything we can do about or with the gap?
Thanks

Offline dsaleen2002

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2016, 08:03:44 AM »
yes home depot left u the info on bottom and please tell me which sams club did u buy this oven for 399 thats nuts!!!!!

Hercules  Model # 35515  Internet # 202078154  Store SKU # 654983  Store SO SKU # 125490
1/2 gal. Furnace/Stove Cement
 4.0 out of 5
(10)  Write a Review
Questions & Answers (30)
 Hercules 1/2 gal. Furnace/Stove Cement
Open Expanded View Click Image to Zoom

$12.98 /each
Certified high heat performance
High purity ingredients for safer use
"Clean n' Friendly" formula for smooth application

Offline JohnAndrew

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2016, 07:14:35 PM »
yes home depot left u the info on bottom and please tell me which sams club did u buy this oven for 399 thats nuts!!!!!

Hi,
What does Home depot left me the info on the bottom mean?
Sorry and thanks.

Sam's in Panama City have them on sale for $350 while Sam's in Pensacola have them on sale for $499.  Our Sam's in Fort Walton Beach had them on sale for $379.

I hope this helps.

Hercules  Model # 35515  Internet # 202078154  Store SKU # 654983  Store SO SKU # 125490
 4.0 out of 5
(10)  Write a Review
Questions & Answers (30)

$12.98 /each

Hi,
Sorry and thanks.

Sam's in Panama City have them on sale for $350 while Sam's in Pensacola have them on sale for $499.  Our Sam's in Fort Walton Beach had them on sale for $379.

I hope this helps.

Offline surgtech2006

• Make Pizza, not war
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2016, 07:21:54 PM »

Hi,
Sorry and thanks.

I hope this helps.
I think he meant Yes, Home Depot.. and the info following was in reference to the furnace cement to fill the gap. Just missing a little punctuation 😉

Offline JohnAndrew

« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2016, 07:54:17 PM »
I think he meant Yes, Home Depot.. and the info following was in reference to the furnace cement to fill the gap. Just missing a little punctuation 😉

I think I understand.  I need to go by Home Depot and pick up some furnace cement to fill in the gaps?

Thanks

Offline surgtech2006

• Make Pizza, not war
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2016, 08:03:31 PM »

I think I understand.  I need to go by Home Depot and pick up some furnace cement to fill in the gaps?

Thanks
Thats what I got out of it, but I've had a few beers lol

Offline JohnAndrew

« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2016, 10:22:01 AM »
for the guy above , looks great , the oven isn't insulated at all its a very thick stone all around, my advise  is that when the wood is lit up close the flut!!!! keep the temp on for a very very long time, i have 6 party's already and 30 pies a party... it handles it very well.  my advice about the peel get your self a round 8 inch pizza turner and a wood 12inch x 14inch with 36 inch handle wood pizza peel from ((((websterant.com)))) youll thank me... i posted more pics for you... :chef:

Thanks for the tips and pics on your oven. Did you do anything to fill in the small gap along the bottom (fill with furnace cement) or did you just leave the gap?
Thanks again
Cheers

Offline JohnAndrew

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2016, 08:43:08 AM »

4.0 out of 5
(10)  Write a Review
Questions & Answers (30)

$12.98 /each

Gee
I feel kinda stupid.
The answer was right here in front of me all along. 
I've got to learn how to read this internet/computer stuff better.
Thanks man.
Really love your pics.
And I also, love pizza!
Cheers

Offline dsaleen2002

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2016, 09:26:28 AM »
no problem, use the stuff to fill in the crack and light her up it will cure it.   let me know if u have any other question? i haven't stopped using my oven since i got her lol

Offline JohnAndrew

« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2016, 07:42:03 PM »

Do you/can you leave this oven outside?
I live in a pretty rainy part of Florida, the panhandle.   We have a lanai (screened in back porch area).  Half is covered with an aluminum top the other half a screen. The oven is currently under the covered portion.  The smoke goes straight up to the ceiling, then rolls back into the lanai, leaving everyone sitting, coughing and smelling of smoke. This does not bode well with "she who must be obeyed" I call her "sweetie". 
She wants me to move it either to the screened roof portion or out into the yard.
Any thoughts are appreciated.
Cheers

Offline dsaleen2002

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2016, 06:47:44 AM »
yes you can leave it outside , mine is out side all the time, it has a cover, and the oven is built well.. i have it over a month and it didnt let me down, i made about 300 pies in it already  >:D

Offline MommaG61

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2016, 06:04:30 PM »
no problem, use the stuff to fill in the crack and light her up it will cure it.   let me know if u have any other question? i haven't stopped using my oven since i got her lol

Thanks for posting your pictures and tips!  I just picked one up on clearance at Sam's, I sent you a message before figuring out how to reply.  What kind of wood do you use?

Offline JohnAndrew

« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2016, 08:24:48 PM »
Thanks for posting your pictures and tips!  I just picked one up on clearance at Sam's, I sent you a message before figuring out how to reply.  What kind of wood do you use?

I'm using Pecan.
Any fruit wood, grape, apple, pecan etc...  will be tasty.
Cheers

Offline dsaleen2002

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2016, 06:40:49 AM »
i use oak , burns very hot , but i would use anything , in Italy every one uses beach wood lol or furniture  ::)

Offline Dominic

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2016, 12:54:09 AM »
I just bought this wfo for $450 at sams. I'll keep you all psted on my success and failures :). Hope to have it fired up by next Wednesday.

Offline Andrew Bellucci

• AndrewBellucci.com
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2016, 09:21:20 AM »
Funny how once the pie pics were posted, this thread got very quiet.  Beautiful pies, especially those from dsaleen2002.  30 pies at a clip?  Impressive!
Pie Man
201 OG

"You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six." - Yogi Berra

Offline dsaleen2002

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2016, 10:55:19 AM »
thank you Andrew Bellucci, i too was skeptical about the oven and had my doubts , but this oven surprised me in many levels... very happy with it and  ive been making pizzas every weekend,,,,,i have even experimented with nutella chocolate chip peanutbutter , with crushed heath bar marshmallow pie with sprinkled cocoa powder...it was insane ...posting some pics

Offline MommaG61

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2016, 11:00:09 AM »
Your pizzas look awesome,  how on earth do you do 30? Do you have all the dough rolled out at once? Where and whats your work space at? Sorry for so many questions,  im trying to comprehend it all,

Offline Woodford

« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2016, 03:00:48 PM »
It appears that Sam's Club has already discontinued this oven. (??)  If you look in the Q&A section on their website it has been listed as out of stock for months.