A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Sams Club Wood Fire Pizza Oven  (Read 46771 times)

Offline bjab

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Sams Club Wood Fire Pizza Oven
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2019, 11:12:54 AM »
I looked at mine and the oven base sits on the stand which has square 3/4" or 1" square tube cross supports and there is a 5" or 6" spaces between them. You might be able to "wedge" your insulation material between them and then use either of the methods we mentioned to hold it up in place, or your chicken wire idea. Keep us posted on what you do and if it helps.

Offline rdbedwards

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • Boathouse Brewery
« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2019, 01:18:55 PM »
Yes, I have already cut the insulation blanket into strips that fill in the spaces between the support bars, then the project stalled when I couldn't decide how to hold the strips in place.  Did you notice if there was enough of a gap between the deck and support bars to thread a thin wire to hold the chicken wire or other support for the insulation?  I keep forgetting to look at my oven.

Offline bjab

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #122 on: March 31, 2019, 01:30:20 PM »
I looked at mine again and I was able to slide a thin, very thin, cedar shingle under the front right corner of the front crossbar. Check yours out but I think you could get a thin stainless steel wire under there.

Offline rdbedwards

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • Boathouse Brewery
« Reply #123 on: April 03, 2019, 02:40:28 PM »
I finally looked at my oven, and discovered that there is plenty of space to slide wire in between the frame and the deck, in order to hold the insulation in place.  Interestingly, there is one bar, the front one, that has one place where the deck is flush with the bar, and it's because the frame was dented (presumably in shipment), that I'd never noticed before. It's just a small dent and doesn't affect the oven.

As an aside, when I bought this oven, the first one they delivered had a badly damaged deck, cracked in many places.  They delivered a replacement and took away the first one, and this one has a perfect deck, despite the small damage to the frame. 

Offline rdbedwards

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • Boathouse Brewery
« Reply #124 on: April 15, 2019, 03:54:51 PM »
This weekend I managed to install the insulation under the deck.  I didn't do a great job, but I only had wire and just enough strapping for two strips.  I also used the oven a couple of times with the insulation, and I did not notice any change whatsoever in deck temperature or how long it took to cool down afterwards.  So, in my experience at least, there's no need to bother.

Offline bjab

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2019, 09:07:22 AM »
Well that's too bad. What was the outdoor temperature that day ? Maybe it will help this next fall when it gets cold again.( Cold air hitting it from underneath.)
I don't think I ever felt it underneath, to know if it even gets that hot. Will try the next time I use mine. Did you take before and after temp readings under there ?

Offline rdbedwards

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • Boathouse Brewery
« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2019, 02:42:28 PM »
The outside temp was about 55F, not much wind, so pretty mild weather.  Maybe it will make a difference in the winter, though.  I've never measured the temperature of the underside, but I've touched it and it's really hot.

wordpress