My dough I made late last week came out A+!
- use Steve's recipe (although I took 2/3s of it since I only wanted 2 16'' pies
- use a scale to measure the flour and water!!!!! I had bought this one last week - I'll never go back to cups:https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00009K3S0/?tag=pmak-20
- I did use slightly less yeast than what Steve had.
- I also didn't take the dough out of the fridge 2 hours before like most suggest...I took it out 15 minutes before - the colder dough was easier to work with.
- my oven was on 550
- I had one dough rise in a plastic bag and another in a metal tin I got from a pizza place once. The metal tin was much better...the plastic bag produced a looser dough to work with.
- Sauce was red pack slightly cooked ( I cook it for 15-30 minutes while the stone is heating up and then put the pot in the freezer to cool it off).
I now have my dough - next items:
- perfect sauce - going to try 6 in 1, 7-11, etc
- find great cheese -
- buy (or build) wood burning oven for my backyard!!!!! - we can all dream