A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Neapolitan Pizza with Pizza Party WFO  (Read 130955 times)

Offline Don Luigi

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Neapolitan Pizza with Pizza Party WFO
« Reply #840 on: November 18, 2018, 09:39:34 AM »
Don Luigi, your pies look fantastic as always, busy or not! Here I am, Gleefully Retired, all the time in the world perhaps and I canít seem to catch up! Your thread started this Pizza Party for me and I am still enjoying the pursuit, the oven and the challenge. Good to see a couple of new posts

Hi Ice, thanks for the nice words. Your latest bakes look great and I am glad I could lure you into the Pizza Party! I am trying to post a little bit more regulary now again!
On a neapolitan pizza journey with Wood fired oven Pizza Party 70x70
My Pizza

Offline phillypizzafan

• ...in it for the food!
« Reply #841 on: November 28, 2018, 12:11:37 PM »
So itĎs like: 21-24 Hours Room Temp ferment (at least 8 Hours in Balls), 65-68% Hydration, Caputo Pizzeria Flour, 8-10% Ischia SD, 2.7% Salt. WFO heated with bone-dry beech wood. Floor between 480-530*C. Check these out. The first margh is probably one of my favourite Pies ever of mine!

Don,
Amazing pies! I have really enjoyed reading through your journey here.

I am new to SD so have a silly question. When someone says "8-10% Ischia SD", is that total SD / total flour?  Does total flour include the flour in the SD?

Example,

Say I start with 600g of flour and then want to add 10% SD. Should I add 60g of SD to the 600 (bringing the new total to 660)? Or should I downsize my original weight to 540g so when I add 60g of SD, it's 10% of the new total?

Or is this based on total weight and not just weight of flour?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Eric
There are only so many meals left in life. Make every one count.

Offline Don Luigi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #842 on: November 28, 2018, 03:37:32 PM »
Don,
Amazing pies! I have really enjoyed reading through your journey here.

I am new to SD so have a silly question. When someone says "8-10% Ischia SD", is that total SD / total flour?  Does total flour include the flour in the SD?

Example,

Say I start with 600g of flour and then want to add 10% SD. Should I add 60g of SD to the 600 (bringing the new total to 660)? Or should I downsize my original weight to 540g so when I add 60g of SD, it's 10% of the new total?

Or is this based on total weight and not just weight of flour?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Itís the % of total flour weight. For 1kg of Flour 10% SD would mean 100gr of SD Culture. You could up your salt a bit if using that much SD but I never do. The SD adds a level of flavour that never made me feel I should put more salt into the dough.
On a neapolitan pizza journey with Wood fired oven Pizza Party 70x70
My Pizza

Offline phillypizzafan

• ...in it for the food!
« Reply #843 on: November 28, 2018, 04:24:20 PM »
Itís the % of total flour weight. For 1kg of Flour 10% SD would mean 100gr of SD Culture. You could up your salt a bit if using that much SD but I never do. The SD adds a level of flavour that never made me feel I should put more salt into the dough.

Got it. Thanks so much!
Eric
There are only so many meals left in life. Make every one count.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress