A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Neapolitan Pizza with Pizza Party WFO  (Read 132143 times)

Offline inutero303

• Free Jazz Pizza
Re: Neapolitan Pizza with Pizza Party WFO
« Reply #820 on: May 15, 2018, 08:37:32 PM »
Thanks! arowe724 - glad to help. I don't preheat this long in the center anymore. Maybe 25 minutes then to the side until I get solid 500*C. Adding 3-4 smaller, ruler-sized chunks of wood in between bakes...If I overheat the stone (no concern with the Saputo) I leave the door open without adding new wood for 5-10 minutes.

u have to add a chunk of wood everytime u fire a new pizza ?

Offline Icelandr

• Supporting Member
  • 5 years and closer to. . a really Good Pizza!
« Reply #821 on: May 15, 2018, 11:09:27 PM »
Sorry for the interjection . . .but
It is important to read some of the threads that most pertain to your plans and interests - in their entirety. Yes, they can be a long read but in my mind are very often better than a book, this is real world, post all the triumphs and ugly bits. There is rarely, this is how to do it, but a running commentary on progress and experiments. There is learning evident. Read stuff, try stuff, have a good look at what others have done, read their posts, it is great stuff!
PizzaParty 70x70, saputo floor

Offline inutero303

• Free Jazz Pizza
« Reply #822 on: May 16, 2018, 04:06:17 AM »
ready for tomorrow...

my disks are getting pretty flat on the trays after 12 hrs and becomes really hard to pill off the tray.. any advice ? .. should i re ball it ?

Offline inutero303

• Free Jazz Pizza
« Reply #823 on: May 16, 2018, 08:08:33 AM »
Do this look normal ? .. 65%H 1%culture 2.5%salt . bulk 24hrs ball 12hrs .. at 65-67deg .. theres a lot of air inside of them .. i think maybe a little be overproof .. but man the disk are so big .. im hoping to use this method for big parties where i need to use trays and i cant put each balls in a little containers for 100ish pizzas ..
any help will be really appreciate it

best

TIn

Offline vtsteve

• Supporting Member
  • If my pizza is wrong, I don't want to be right!
« Reply #824 on: May 16, 2018, 09:23:52 AM »
Those are the Dough Mate boxes, right? Do you have the little putty knife/dough scraper? (If not, just get a 4" putty knife).

There are plenty of videos of people cutting blown out, grown-together balls and making pizzas out of them, it's just a fact of life if you're making lots of pies working out of dough boxes.

Another (MUCH cheaper!) option is to proof on half-sheet pans with covers; they're stackable, roomier (so you can keep the doughs further apart) and the low sides make it a snap to get under the dough without mangling it.

Don't sprinkle flour on the doughs until you're ready to open them - they'll get crusty/gummy. Moist on top is good at this stage!

The third photo here shows 6 doughs on a half-sheet:  https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=48384.msg521760#msg521760
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 09:41:28 AM by vtsteve »
In grams we trust.
My wood-fired NY thread: Pizza Thursday

Offline inutero303

• Free Jazz Pizza
« Reply #825 on: May 16, 2018, 09:39:54 AM »
Those are the Dough Mate boxes, right? Do you have the little putty knife/dough scraper? (If not, just get a 4" putty knife).

There are plenty of videos of people cutting blown out, grown-together balls and making pizzas out of them, it's just a fact of life if you're making lots of pies working out of dough boxes.

Another (MUCH cheaper!) option is to proof on half-sheet pans with covers; they're stackable, roomier (so you can keep the doughs further apart) and the low sides make it a snap to get under the dough without mangling it.

Don't sprinkle flour on the doughs until you're ready to open them - they'll get crusty/gummy. Moist on top is good at this stage!

The third photo here shows 6 doughs on a half-sheet:  https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=48384.msg521760#msg521760

oh i see .. so its perfectly normal for them to be that after such a long balled fermentation .. its my first time trying this method , i usually let them chill for 2-3 hrs before baking , never did a 12hr balled fermentation .. 
I guess if there really close to each other it will help so they dont spread too much .. i seen those full trays before , u have to kind of cut them cuz they stick a bit
thanks for the flour tip !

Offline inutero303

• Free Jazz Pizza
« Reply #826 on: May 16, 2018, 09:42:42 AM »

This is EXCELLENT advice, and the above thread is fun and a fast read. When I found the forum I spent a couple MONTHS reading down the topics that were of immediate interest, and finding other topics that became new interests, before I even posted... starting as a sourdough/ self-built brick oven bread baker, so not a newbie by any means.
[/quote]

Believe me i been spending way too much time on this forums ,. like my wife is kind of pissed off .. hahahah

Offline vtsteve

• Supporting Member
  • If my pizza is wrong, I don't want to be right!
« Reply #827 on: May 16, 2018, 09:45:15 AM »
I wouldn't reball any closer than 8 hours to the bake; the dough will be harder to open because you've just tightened it up.

Caught me mid-edit, quoting Icelander!

Believe me i been spending way too much time on this forums ,. like my wife is kind of pissed off .. hahahah

Yeah, my wife moved into the "acceptance" stage while I was still mostly doing bread, and building the oven...   :-D

I've never heard of someone saying "My baking hobby saved my marriage."
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 10:11:08 AM by vtsteve »
In grams we trust.
My wood-fired NY thread: Pizza Thursday

Offline inutero303

• Free Jazz Pizza
« Reply #828 on: May 16, 2018, 09:53:05 AM »
thanks for yer help ! ;D

Offline inutero303

• Free Jazz Pizza
« Reply #829 on: May 16, 2018, 02:41:03 PM »
Well ,  finally baked them .. not too bad ..

Offline sk

• Supporting Member
  • Belle Pizze!
« Reply #830 on: August 23, 2018, 01:15:11 PM »
Hi there.  Going over posts for Pizza Party Pizza Oven.  Yours shows a picture of the inside of the oven.  How did you get the fire so far over to the side?  My fire seems to really get close to the pie.
Pizza Party 70x70 WFO/Saupto Floor

Offline Simone

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #831 on: August 26, 2018, 12:42:49 AM »
sk, you use the Spartifiamma?

Offline sk

• Supporting Member
  • Belle Pizze!
« Reply #832 on: August 26, 2018, 08:29:34 AM »
I have tried to do so but can't seem to get it far enough over to get the peel and pie in the small door.  Do you push it close enough to touch the side on the bottom part of the device?

Offline Simone

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #833 on: August 30, 2018, 11:42:29 AM »
send me image of your fire or a video of your inside of oven when you cook pizza

Offline wotavidone

• Supporting Member
  • A pizza is not a pie
« Reply #834 on: August 30, 2018, 07:43:27 PM »

I've taken to skipping the flour altogether, too. I watched quite a few Italian how-to videos, and seldom do you see flour in the tray.
Like you say, they don't put them in flour until they are ready to open them.
I'm opposed to fats in my dough, but I have compromised a little. I use a light spray of cooking oil in the tray to prevent sticking and a very light mist over the tops of the balls as insurance against the balls skinning up. Then take them out with a 4 inch paint scraper/putty knife. Then a little bench flour to open them.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 07:44:59 PM by wotavidone »
Mick

Offline sk

• Supporting Member
  • Belle Pizze!
« Reply #835 on: September 01, 2018, 09:33:35 PM »
@Simone:

Here is the inside with the guard.  I pushed it over as far as possible.  It restricted the fire a little.

Also, a picture of the oven in my outdoor space which I though you might like.

Offline Simone

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #836 on: September 02, 2018, 10:33:27 AM »
Hi SK
beautiful location! if possible send me if you have other images of your outdoor cooking area

Offline sk

• Supporting Member
  • Belle Pizze!
« Reply #837 on: September 02, 2018, 11:06:29 AM »
Hi Again Simone, picture below.

Offline Don Luigi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #838 on: November 12, 2018, 03:29:46 PM »
Wow, haven‘t posted here in a long time and didn‘t reply to a couple of questions - I am very sorry for that. Had a super busy year. Of course I still made quite a lot of Pizza whenever I had the time. In the Pizza Party Woodfired Oven or in my new Pizza Party Ardore Gas Oven - check this thread here: https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=54874.0
Below are a couple of Pies I did last year in my Pizza Party WFO. Fire managment, routine and recipe is still pretty much the same as usual. I uped the SD Culture now to kind of like 8-10% recently. I absolutely prefer over fermented dough to liveless underfermented one. So it‘s like: 21-24 Hours Room Temp ferment (at least 8 Hours in Balls), 65-68% Hydration, Caputo Pizzeria Flour, 8-10% Ischia SD, 2.7% Salt. WFO heated with bone-dry beech wood. Floor between 480-530*C. Check these out. The first margh is probably one of my favourite Pies ever of mine!

On a neapolitan pizza journey with Wood fired oven Pizza Party 70x70
My Pizza

Offline Icelandr

• Supporting Member
  • 5 years and closer to. . a really Good Pizza!
« Reply #839 on: November 12, 2018, 09:02:32 PM »
Don Luigi, your pies look fantastic as always, busy or not! Here I am, Gleefully Retired, all the time in the world perhaps and I can’t seem to catch up! Your thread started this Pizza Party for me and I am still enjoying the pursuit, the oven and the challenge. Good to see a couple of new posts
PizzaParty 70x70, saputo floor