A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Mozza-inspired Pizza for Home Ovens  (Read 38178 times)

Offline Francois.du.nord

• Crust rules
Re: Mozza-inspired Pizza for Home Ovens
« Reply #260 on: July 11, 2019, 02:40:55 PM »
Thanks Chi-Bob!!

Offline ivowiblo

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #261 on: January 19, 2020, 12:48:58 AM »
Hi!

Any idea on adapting this recipe to RT fermentation in balls? I mean, replacing the 48 hs CF with RT.

If in the prediction model I compare the time for 0.16% IDY for both temperatures, I get that 61hs at 41F maps to 4hs at 72F. I doing 48hs, then it should be 2.5hs. Does it makes sense?

Thanks!

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #262 on: January 19, 2020, 01:06:58 AM »
One thing to be aware of is that the chart doesn't account for doughs  made with poolish

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #263 on: January 19, 2020, 01:31:12 AM »
HiDoes it makes sense?
Somewhat. You can change fermentation temp, % yeast used, or time spent fermenting in order to change what time (how long since final mixing) your dough will be ready to use. You found in Craig’s prediction model that:
0.16% yeast suggests 61 hrs at 41° will  give you dough ready to use
—and that—
0.16% yeast suggests 4 hrs at 72° will give you dough ready to use
—and I did not understand what you meant by this sentence: “I doing 48 hrs then it should be 2.5hs.” Does that mean 2.5 hrs at room temp after 48 hrs at cold ferment?

I think the easiest changes you could make would be the amount of yeast used. Choose a time you want the dough to be ready. Compare that to how much time you have available, adjust expectations if necessary. Choose a temperature you can maintain, look to the chart for the predicted amount of yeast you will need. Compare your results to what the chart suggested and note any big changes in that thread. This will be easier to determine, thanks to Craig’s chart, than guessing about changing fermentation temperature or length of time fermenting, which will almost surely not match the time you plan to use the dough (not on your first guess anyway).

Bottom line is only change one variable at a time and start with the easiest one. Good luck. Post how your next experiment comes out.
-Tony

Offline ivowiblo

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #264 on: January 19, 2020, 10:58:00 AM »
Hey! Thanks for your responses.
There was a typo in my question. What I meant is: "it's doing 48 hs CF...". I'm referring to the recipe. And then I did a basic math like "48 hs from those 61 leads to 2.5 at RT".

Just for having a ballpark of the times here to start experimenting...

A D V E R T I S E M E N T