A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Rocket Stove plus Grill??  (Read 233 times)

Offline beeuu

• La Pizza e' meravigliosa!
    • Pizza experiments
Rocket Stove plus Grill??
« on: March 27, 2019, 06:42:00 PM »
I hope it's OK to ask about propane ovens here ...  I am a beginner at this, obviously.

NY style pizza.  I've been making my "regular" pizza on firebricks on top of my grill for several years where the floor temperature was around 600 degrees, at best; meaning hottest.  I tried building a pizza oven, of sorts, on the grill but couldn't come close to the temps I think I need (900F?).  The floor was 600 and the roof part, inside, was about 350F.  I offset the bricks with the floor forward and roof shifted as far back as I could get it to open up the inside to direct heat from the grill.

The easy way out would be to buy a propane Roccbox except for the cost.  The Ooni Koda is a contender for me but then, what fun is that?  Plus not sure I want to be limited on the size of my pizza (12"?).

I've been reading about rocket stoves (what I believe the Roccbox is) and looking for a way to integrate one into my grill though a completely separate design would be OK too.  I would REALLY like to use propane but haven't found a design yet and the learning curve is a bit steep for understanding propane stoves.  (wood is simply a big effort as it's just 2 of us eating pizza and I live in a big fire hazard area where wood fires are greatly discouraged and probably banned a good part of the year).

Thoughts, ideas appreciated.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 11:00:41 PM by beeuu »

A D V E R T I S E M E N T