A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Gluten Free Pies with Zinc  (Read 10756 times)

Offline Zinc

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Gluten Free Pies with Zinc
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2015, 01:55:05 PM »
It's been hard going without the pizza party oven while I am waiting for the replacement to come in. You can't beat that wood fired taste :drool:

I needed to use up some ingredients so I made a Friday pie :pizza:

250g fiore glut
230g water
2g yeast
4g salt

Molinari pepperoni, various parms and a little pineapple

Offline Zinc

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2015, 04:37:49 PM »
My replacement Pizzaparty oven is showing up tomorrow, so I can finally stop the itch and get back to practicing the wood fire  :pizza:

Ordered a couple sticks of Vermont smoke and cure to break it in as well, which will be nice to try after everything I have read on this forum. Up till now Molinari is the best pepperoni I have tried.

Offline Zinc

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2015, 10:08:09 AM »
Pizza party arrived yesterday! The 70x70 is a much better size than the 52x50 model. Thanks again Simone for the great customer service!

Offline Zinc

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2015, 10:13:18 AM »
I still have quite a bit to learn on proper fire management, but despite that, last nights test pie was pretty tasty. The top heat was a bit too high though , hence the burned pepperoni.
I also need to order a turning peel, as I was using my bbq spatula for that job with the smaller oven, but that isn't cutting it with this new oven. It's too hot and deep for shorter spatula (<24"). I got the seared arm hair to prove it  :-D

Like they say.....the only way to get better is through practice.....so I better get some more dough going and start the learning :chef:

Offline JD

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2015, 11:25:51 AM »
Pizza party arrived yesterday! The 70x70 is a much better size than the 52x50 model. Thanks again Simone for the great customer service!

He replaced the oven because of the silicone you found? Wow, that's some crazy good customer service. Nice GF pizzas by the way
JD's NY Style
JD's Neapolitan using my Pizza Party WFO

Experience cannot be taught.

-Josh

Offline Zinc

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2015, 11:36:49 AM »
Hi JD, yeah it was definitely some great customer service, although that should be the case whenever you have a food item that is getting non food-safe contamination from some point(ie: the silicone sealant).  I was more than pleased with the speed of which he handled the problem, and how he went above and beyond to take care of me.

Offline Zinc

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2015, 05:47:24 PM »
Did a small practice pie @750-800F for ~1.5 minutes or so. I made it much thinner than usual to see how it would react. Dough Ball was around 240g and stretched to 10"

Getting a little bit better hang of the top heat, had rolling flames, but not rolling to the point where is thick, more like licking the top of the oven.

Parmigiano-Reggiano/Vermont Smoke and Cure pepperoni/Muir Glen pizza sauce.

Offline Zinc

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2015, 03:54:16 AM »
I had a little bit of dough left today, and decided to try a really small calzone. Wasn't too hard forming it with the fiore glut mix, but it didn't really puff up that much as I had hoped it might, although that may be me just needing more practice with the oven.

Parm/diced vermont smoke and cure pep/organicville pizza sauce

Tasted great will all those fats intermingling inside the pocket
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 03:55:51 AM by Zinc »

Offline Zinc

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2015, 11:58:34 AM »
Cooked @ 700F

Same fiore glut recipe I posted
Raw italian sausage/cento italian/bel gioso parm

This was my first time using raw sausage, and I definitely wont do it any other way now. I also like how the crust was nice and crispy at 700* compared to the super light and fluffy at 900*.

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2015, 05:24:15 AM »
Excellent gluten free pizzas, i have share your post to 2-3 people interested to make gluten free pizzas

Offline Zinc

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2015, 11:22:09 AM »
Here's a couple more 2 minute pies that I made yesterday and the day before. I am finding that I prefer cooking them at around 700-725*, as it seems to achieve a nice balance between the airiness of a neo 60 second pie, and a crispier low heat pie. Although, you don't get those beautiful leopard spots.

First pie is with Molinari pepperoni, and the second one is using Fiorucci sandwich sized pepperoni. Both good in their own way, although the Molinari is by far my favorite pep ever, it cups up so well and with the right amount of crisp. Sauce is Bianci DiNapoli whole peeled, and cheese is a Marin Cheese Parm.

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2015, 04:57:11 PM »
good gluten free pizzas!

Offline alhobart

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2015, 12:52:01 PM »
Wow, those Pizza Party ovens are really reasonably priced, considering what I have seen others go for. 

Offline tdpol

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2015, 04:00:32 PM »
I'm trying your recipe today - I managed to get two buckets of fiore gluten free from a Vancouver supplier - valoroso foods!

Then I'm trying this:

Offline Zinc

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2015, 10:52:28 AM »
Sounds great tdpol....you definitely can't beat free ;D

Good luck with the recipe, I hope it comes out well for you. Also interested to hear how the Pane veloce comes out.