A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pillsbury Best Bakers Patent Flour  (Read 216 times)

Offline angmazz78

Pillsbury Best Bakers Patent Flour
« on: November 29, 2017, 11:11:24 AM »
Hello all!

I am looking to purchase a bag of Pillsbury's Best Bakers Patent Flour at the retail level.  Unfortunately I don't have access to a food distributor.  Does anyone know where I can find it locally or online?  I live in Central/Southern New Jersey.  Thanks!

https://www.generalmillscf.com/products/category/flour/hard-spring-wheat/best-bakers-patent-bleached-bromated-enriched-malted-50lb

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
    • Dough Doctor
Re: Pillsbury Best Bakers Patent Flour
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 11:04:49 PM »
I've seen flour at Sam's Club priced lower than you can buy it from a distributor. Look for Pillsbury Bread Flour aka Pillsbury Bread Machine Flour. It comes in at around 12.6% protein content. You can also use General Mills Rex Royal, Washburn's, Full Strength or Superlative as they are all very similar in protein content but the treatment does vary so keep that in mind.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline angmazz78

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 08:51:21 AM »
Thank you so much for the response!  I will definitely look out for some of the varieties you mentioned in the meantime.   I am trying to replicate one specific pizza from a favorite place my family frequents and from what I have read on the forum some other members feel/have determined that the Best Baker's Patent Flour is what is used at the this particular restaurant. 

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
    • Dough Doctor
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 03:11:24 PM »
Flours in the 12.2 to 12.8% protein range are probably the most common that I see being used in pizzerias across the country so it is no surprise that your local pizzeria is using something similar.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

A D V E R T I S E M E N T