A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Our Pizza Party Pizza Oven Has Arrived!  (Read 7847 times)

Offline 5BPizza

• We use to be 5B Pizza
Our Pizza Party Pizza Oven Has Arrived!
« on: April 21, 2015, 07:07:58 PM »
After tons of research and hours of arguing with ourselves, we finally made a decision and bought a Pizzone, Pizza Party pizza oven. The service was great! After a few emails with Simone, our pizza oven was being shipped from Italy and took a little under two weeks for it to arrive at my front door. We bought this oven for our new venture into catering/ flea markets and finally shedding our skin from our pizza pop-ups that we use to run out of friend's apartments in Manhattan.

I've been an avid reader (stalker) of this forum and it has help me tremendously on upping my pizza game. So I was wondering if any you guys have an pointers and tips for a rookie wood burning oven user?

« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 07:11:03 PM by 5BPizza »

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Re: Our Pizza Party Pizza Oven Has Arrived!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 07:31:41 PM »
Maybe move those plastic chairs away from that uninsulated oven.  :)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline David Esq.

• Making pizza since 2013
    • Eating With David
Our Pizza Party Pizza Oven Has Arrived!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 04:38:34 AM »
The oven is insulated well enough from everything I've read.  Though, obviously he isn't using it indoors set up like that.

Congratulations on the purchase and good luck with the venture.  Waiting for my 70x70 to arrive next week. So I have as little of value to add as Bob does.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 04:42:31 AM by David Esq. »

Offline JD

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 08:04:10 AM »
Cool stuff, I'm moving back to LI in 2 weeks, let me know if you want to joint venture  ;)

My #1 tip of using a WFO is to find dry wood. Has to be seasoned, dry as a bone. The wood should not feel heavy in your hands. Wet wood is no good. The stuff at the supermarket is usually not dry enough.

I'm still learning the pizza party oven, and depending on what type of pizza you are making you will probably need different advice. Good luck, hopefully I can try your pizza one day.
JD's NY Style
JD's Neapolitan using my Pizza Party WFO

You cannot teach experience.

-Josh

Offline 5BPizza

• We use to be 5B Pizza
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 09:03:00 AM »
Chicago Bob : Those chairs and table are solid wood and I only propped the oven up on the table for pictures. But thanks for your two cents.

Dave: Thanks,  let me know how it works out for you

JD: Good luck on the move! I'll keep you updated on the progression. I'm doing NY Style pizza. Here are a few of my past pies put of a gas oven

I have more pictures up on my instagram account if you guys wanna check it out.  Instagram.com/5bpizza

Offline David Esq.

• Making pizza since 2013
    • Eating With David
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 09:41:53 AM »
My #1 tip of using a WFO is to find dry wood. Has to be seasoned, dry as a bone. The wood should not feel heavy in your hands. Wet wood is no good. The stuff at the supermarket is usually not dry enough.
I know it is a little pricier, but I think I am going to be buying the kiln dried wood, only because my time is so limited and I don't want to risk getting a batch that needs to be sitting outside for another year before it burns clean.

Offline JD

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 11:45:56 AM »

JD: Good luck on the move! I'll keep you updated on the progression. I'm doing NY Style pizza. Here are a few of my past pies put of a gas oven

Looks good, you'll enjoy the Pizza Party oven I'm sure. I just did an "event" for 30+ people making NY style pizzas. It was a lot of fun, and the oven is definitely capable.

Maybe move those plastic chairs away from that uninsulated oven.  :)

For what it's worth, my oven does not get very hot on the outside. I measured with an IR gun during a Neapolitan bake, and I think it got to 250*  Sure, may not be able to keep your hand on it, but will not melt plastic as long as it's not touching it directly. I'd bet you could actually put the oven on top of a plastic table with no issues.
JD's NY Style
JD's Neapolitan using my Pizza Party WFO

You cannot teach experience.

-Josh

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2015, 06:06:40 PM »
 5BPizza, nice oven. I have been using my PP for over a year. Pretty easy to use. About the best pointer I can give is watch the bottom on the pie when cooking. The floor temp over 650F will cook quite fast. I found that the oven bakes more evenly after a few bakes. I guess it settles in. You only need a small amount of wood to fire it up. Seach my pics on this site if you want to see the oven in action, although I bet you have already done that before buying. Any specific questions  I and other PP users would be happy to answer.

Mark
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 06:12:44 PM by mkevenson »
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline crvgt

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 08:05:54 PM »
I've had the PP for about 8 months and it has gotten a lot of use.   I have the 70x70 - is the Pizzone larger depth-wise only?    In any event, i think the best tip i can offer is to let the oven pre-heat longer than you've been told it needs to.   Similar to Mark's comment above, initially, i was finding that my pies were getting better as i went along in a given pizza making session.  Even though floor temps were reading about 750-800 after a 20-30 minute pre-heat, i found that giving it a longer pre-heat allowed all of the interior oven surfaces to be more balanced - especially the floor temps which would drop very quickly after cooking those first pies.  Now i pre-heat for about an hour and 15 minutes at a minimum.   At that point, the oven seems better prepared all around and comes back up to temp really quickly when another log is tossed in.   Here are some of my recent efforts - they are my takes on some of my local NY metro area favorites (a Carbonara pie based on Pizzetteria Brunetti, a Mortadella and Pistachio Pesto and a Sausage and Fennel - both based on Philly's Pizzeria Vetri).   Enjoy the oven!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 08:08:01 PM by crvgt »

Offline Zinc

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 09:55:51 PM »
That Mortadella pie looks delicious :drool:

Offline 5BPizza

• We use to be 5B Pizza
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2015, 05:11:34 PM »
Thank you for everyone's tips! I really appreciate it! I will be firing up the oven tomorrow afternoon (finally) for a few friends. My biggest concern and question is how long does it take for the oven to cool down so I can transport it?

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2015, 06:01:48 PM »
Looks like your pies are really coming along nicely.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline 5BPizza

• We use to be 5B Pizza
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2015, 07:33:48 PM »
We catered a little 4th of July party out in the Greenpoint section of Brooklyn. The oven worked great! It took about an hour to get up to 800 degrees. We could 12" NY Style pizza in about 2 minutes. The oven worked great! We're starting to book us fast for more parties!

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2015, 07:44:13 PM »
Looks WONDERFUL Good Work!

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
  • The original Pizza Party oven most versatile!
    • Pizza Party ovens official shop
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2015, 05:19:02 AM »
Great 5BPizza i have look your istagram page, you make events and dish very nice  :chef: congratulation
Simone
UK/US site: Wood fired ovens and gas fired ovens Pizza Party

Official shop online, save money by direct sales: Excellent offer home delivery to USA/CANADA and all taxes included

Pizza Party Facebook: Pizza Party lovers page

New Pizza Party lovers community: Ipizzaparty.it

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2015, 01:42:03 PM »
Hi Ebpizza look this idea for your italian style catering  :P
Simone

Official shop online, save money by direct sales: Excellent offer home delivery to USA/CANADA and all taxes included

Offline Pat28365

• Pizza . . the perfect food :)
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2015, 01:25:51 AM »
Has anyone used the Party Pizza oven?  The price scares me . . they always say 'If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is'.  All of the other ovens . . Forno Bravo, Fire Within, Tuscany Fire, etc. cost . . at the lowest . .  $19,000 and takes hours to heat up . . this one is less than $1000 and only takes 20 mins to heat up.  Does it get up to 800F or better, does it hold heat . . ??   I'd love to find one that I could get without having to take out a loan to have one built.  I'm looking to learn to make VPN authentic Neapolitan pizza . . the mass produced pizzas put out there today are too loaded with crap that isn't good for you, too many calories, way too much cholesterol . . I want to learn how to make pizza that is actually good for you and yes I know that just because it says VPN doesn't mean it's a great pizza, that depends on the pizzaiolo making them.

On a side note, does anyone know where you can buy DOP San Marzano tomatoes at?  I've looked and can't find them anywhere, even Cento seems to have stopped selling them . . they are selling certified but not DOP.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline pizapizza

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2015, 11:23:59 AM »
i believe cento had some problems with their labels which is why they dont put dop on them anymore. if you search the forum i believe theres a thread on here. you can buy a wfo for way less than 19,000. you can get a fb for a few grand

Offline mitchjg

• Supporting Member
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2015, 11:33:17 AM »
Has anyone used the Party Pizza oven?

Of course they have. 
For example, read this thread:
http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=31234.0

If you use the search function, you will find this and much more.

All of the other ovens . . Forno Bravo, Fire Within, Tuscany Fire, etc. cost . . at the lowest . .  $19,000 and takes hours to heat up . .

Thanks.

How in the world did you get $19,000 at the lowest?  For example, you can pick up this Forno Bravo, fully assembled for $3k (not a recommendation as to the one you should buy but just an obvious example).

https://www.fornobravo.com/store/andiamo70-assembled-28-wood-pizza-oven/

On a side note, does anyone know where you can buy DOP San Marzano tomatoes at?  I've looked and can't find them anywhere, even Cento seems to have stopped selling them . . they are selling certified but not DOP.

Try the search function.  You will find there are numerous Q&A's about the "best" DOP San Marzanos.  You will likely find that you can get great or better tomatoes that are not DOP.
Mitch

“We hate math,” says 4 in 10 – a majority of Americans

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2015, 06:01:21 AM »
Hi
Pizza Party oven is most use for pizza catering and street food for more reasons, in your case in very important save money to start up business, 99% Pizza Party's catering no use trailer and truck, because the ovens is very lightweight and is possible use car or van to begin, look this page for more info
http://www.wood-fired-pizza-oven.us/business-opportunity-money-with-pizza-party/
an other benefit if don't use truck or trailer, is possible go in any garden or terrace, and you expand the customers, where others catering can't reach
example the most popular catering in Holland is VIVALAPIZZA.NL
http://www.vivalapizza.nl/ with more 100 events/year
Example photo is CONLEMANI http://conlemani.nl/ you realize pizza catering in customer terrace
Simone