A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Breville Oven - Pan Pizzas  (Read 3581 times)

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
Re: Breville Oven - Pan Pizzas
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2020, 09:22:38 PM »
Does anyone have experience in cooking focaccia with the Breville Pizzaiolo oven? I was going to try one tonight, and was thinking to use the Pan Pizza settings, not sure if anyone has better suggestions
Post # 14 above.
https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=62553.msg626109#new
-Tony

Offline BostonBestEats

• Clearly you need more Hawaiian pizza in your life
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2020, 03:16:20 PM »
Chicago-style deep dish with pepperoni, spicy-garlicy San Marzano sauce, sliced lmps-mozzarella, Parmigiano-Reggiano

Based on a recipe from the Breville Pizza Virtual Pizza Tour

100% KAAP
52% cold water
5% pork lard
2.57% salt
1% non-diastaic malt powder
0.57% IDY

5 hr RT bulk ferment; 350g balls; 19 hr cold ferment; RT temper 90m; partially roll out; 1h proof; press into carbon steel pan

19 min on Pan Pizza setting in Breville Pizziaolo (pepperoni added with 4m to go), top control =1

Looks burnt on bottom, but it's just really dark brown.

Next time I might go a 1-2h shorter on the RT bulk ferment.

Offline 02ebz06

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2020, 06:21:23 PM »
Very nice.
If it has pepperoni on it, count me in. My favorite topping.
Bruce here... My toys --> FGM 800-B Pizza Oven, Pellet Grill, Pellet Smoker, Propane Griddle, Propane Grill

Offline BostonBestEats

• Clearly you need more Hawaiian pizza in your life
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2020, 05:27:18 PM »
Same dough, but after 2 days CF, this time with Italian sausage and sauce on bottom.  Also let the dough proof for 30 min in the pan after stretching.  I think the dough was better on day 1, but if I shortened the RT bulk ferment I think it would last longer.  18 min on Pan Pizza preset (bottom is a bit darker than yesterday's 19min, but still not actually burnt, despite the photo).

Offline deb415611

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2020, 06:57:54 AM »
I did a couple south shore bar pizzas here https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=34282.msg652137#msg652137   they were done in 8" lloyd pans
Deb

Offline earlobe

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2020, 12:12:56 PM »
American Metalcraft 11" Pan
https://www.webstaurantstore.com/american-metalcraft-hc4011-11-x-1-hard-coat-anodized-aluminum-straight-sided-pizza-pan/124HC4011.html
Hi Bill, and thanks for this thread and the suggestions. I had a question about your choice of a HC4011 vs. an HC4012, which is the same pan but with a 12" diameter. My Breville stock pan has an 11.75" diameter at the rim, and I'm wondering if 12" is just a touch too large, or if you chose the 11" for other reasons.

Last night, I made the Peter Reinhart pan dough recipe. I had good success, but I don't think I'll put the cubed cheese into the dough during the bake-day rise again. I had a few pieces settle through the dough and melt/burn between the crust and the pan. I didn't necessarily sense the benefit of having that cheese under the sauce and deep in the dough, anyway. Personal preference.

I made enough dough that I had a second 370g ball, and chose to use the lid of my cast iron Lodge Double Dutch Oven (https://www.lodgecastiron.com/product/double-dutch-oven?sku=L8DD3). It worked surprisingly well, although the rounded sides and size meant that it was a thicker crust than I'd prefer. I also lowered the deck temperature with the cast iron to 650, and might have been better off slightly lower due to the extra time to cook the thicker crust.

Overall, for my first run of pan pizzas in this oven, it was a success. Thanks again all.

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2020, 12:41:26 PM »
Hi Bill, and thanks for this thread and the suggestions. I had a question about your choice of a HC4011 vs. an HC4012, which is the same pan but with a 12" diameter. My Breville stock pan has an 11.75" diameter at the rim, and I'm wondering if 12" is just a touch too large, or if you chose the 11" for other reasons.

The 12" is too large. The rim makes contact with the reflector that is around the stone. The stock pan is taller so that its rim clears the reflector.

Offline earlobe

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2020, 01:19:55 PM »
The 12" is too large. The rim makes contact with the reflector that is around the stone. The stock pan is taller so that its rim clears the reflector.
Interesting. Thanks, Ill shop for an 11, then, or a taller 12.

Offline earlobe

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2021, 03:22:09 PM »
Just a quick note: I was hoping to get a Lloyd pan that worked in the oven. None of the 12" variants will work due to the reflector and the lip of those pans. I ordered them and gave them a shot. If anyone is determined, they have an 11" pan which has a smaller base (closer to 10").

Instead, I've followed the advice of Bill and found the American Metalcraft pan at a site that allows you to buy them individually and doesn't crush you on shipping. https://www.restaurantequipmentsolutions.com/AMET-HC4011.html.